Quid Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Bob Goodson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Awesome work life balance (unlimited PTO (in 8 reviews)

• Quid hires really smart people with a set of diverse interests and talents (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Still experiencing growing pains while we iron out the kinks, in no way a downside (in 3 reviews)

• The bigger issues arise from the questionable competence and dubious integrity of the senior management (in 2 reviews)

"Associate"

Current Employee - Client Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant People
    High level of responsibility from the get go
    Exposure to really high level, senior client stakeholders
    Ask & attempt to answer really big questions
    Super unique, innovative, and powerful product
    Management structure finally seems to be clicking really well
    Great comp, great perks (catering, etc.)

Cons

Lots of ambiguity
    Team sometimes feels understaffed
    Clients expect highly-polished, consulting-style outputs, and we don't always have the bandwidth to deliver on that expectation

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency

"Love this technology and advising customers"

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Pros:

1.) A product people love, that brings value, and gets prospects excited
    2.) Autonomous culture, strong management and leadership
    3.) Creative - ability to bring ideas to the table and get creative

Cons

1.) Still defining process, not everything is black and white - which can be negative, but also an opportunity for people to contribute to defining process

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a professional, fun, diverse, and curious environment. Continue to iterate the importance of collaboration.

3. "Great company, great product"

I have been working at Quid full-time

Pros

Really great work environment! Smart people working on interesting problems. The product is so versatile that the customer base is diverse and the work doesn't get boring. I still love coming to work everyday and am constantly surrounded by hardworking, intelligent, and fun people.

Cons

Difficulty defining target customer since there are so many use cases for the product.

"Excellent place to work!!!!"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very encouraging of learning and trying new things. Very supportive environment.

Cons

Days can be long.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to encourage departments to share with each other their progress.

5. "Great People Still Trying to Figure it Out"

I have been working at Quid full-time

Pros

Quid has a lot of very smart and dedicated people that are wonderful to work with. AI is obviously a timely and relevant space, and it's exciting to be a part of something innovative. I think most people feel like they are paid fairly, there is a true culture of unlimited PTO as long as you are getting your work done. They are constantly trying to initiate new programs like yoga classes and themed days to increase morale, although there isn't a huge buy-in on that. 5 meals per week and $150 wellness stipend are nice perks.

Cons

There are a lot of holes in our processes and product. Unfortunately, there is not a true road map for success both within individual roles or for the company as a whole. Sales are generated based off relationships and luck, not a structured system for success. Client success tends to be overworked, and accounts churn more often than not. No true ROI for the product.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about where the company stands overall, and where we are headed. Is there a situation where we could IPO or get acquired? When costs are being cut, openly explain to everyone why and what is happening. Recognize that the product has significant gaps in what it can deliver, and determine how we can market and sell it as is, as well as move forward in the long run.

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What i like the most in Quid is how friendly and passionate their employees are. The company pushes boundaries in the AI and visualization fields so it is a great if you are interested in those topics in particular.
    it has a good growth potential considering the space and other companies in the same space.
    Another thing to notice is that Quid offers good perks for their employees like free meals and activities during the week.

Cons

Even with 100+ employees, Quid is a startup, so don't expect the stability that other bigger company of the valley can offer. If you want to make an impact, Quid might be a good company for you; if you are looking for just a tech job, Quid might not be the right company.

Advice to Management

I love Quid being a mid size startup which does not enforces one way to look at the problems it solves and its culture of enriching human intuition with AI without replacing it. Would be great to keep it while the company grows.

"Great place to work with a huge potential for growth"

I have been working at Quid full-time

Pros

- Very smart people both in the technology as well as the c commercial team.
    - Management is very receptive to new ideas and initiatives.
    - Work culture and environment is great.

Cons

- Employee turnover can be high, resulting in losing some very valuable employees.

Advice to Management

- Increase focus on building out and growing the technology at Quid.
    - Avoid losing good people, specially on the technology side.

"Nowhere I'd rather work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is the best I've been a part of. It's elastic and fits all types.

Opportunities abound and are encouraged to think big and outside the box.

Employees are finally getting the recognition deserved for impressive deals made and projects accomplished. This is another level of transparency shedding light into what departments and teams are working on. Improvement here is still needed but it's better than before.

The leadership team has made impressive strides in providing transparency across the organization, such as sharing the deck presented in the most recent board meeting.

Teams are encouraged to set goals and OKRs for the team as a whole and for individual contributors that roll into the bigger picture and goals of the company.

360 reviews offer constructive feedback for employees and quarterly surveys are sent out for employees to chime in on how the company is doing and where improvements need made. These results are shared with the entire organization during an all hands meeting.

The people, the product, the big dreams, the culture, the leadership team, the benefits -- there is no other place I'd rather spend my working hours.

Cons

As is the case with most startups and small companies of this size, change is going to happen as the company evolves. Depending on which side you're on, this can be exciting and good or bad and scary.

The product, while beautiful and powerful, can be hard to get excited about if your job does not require you to use it every day.

Advice to Management

The values look nice as a poster on the wall but rarely do we hear of them, other than in the Slack channel. Bring them to the forefront -- show us what they mean to you.

"I really enjoy working here"

I have been working at Quid full-time

Pros

- Super interesting, diverse work (across geographies, industries, functions)
    - Product driving towards a meaningful goal (ie. not a software that is delivering your laundry faster than others... you're creating an impactful solution in a new space)
    - Creative environment where new ideas/approaches are encouraged
    - Supportive leadership
    - Talented, diverse group of people: smart, savvy team that blends backgrounds in a unique way

Cons

- Connecting the long-term strategic vision to short-term manageable goals has been the biggest challenge for the org
    - Roles/responsibilities frequently change because of this

10. "Great colleagues, Exciting Challenges, Strong Mission"

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Quid full-time

Pros

-Wonderful colleagues. Quid hires really smart people with a set of diverse interests and talents. I feel like I'm constantly learning from my colleagues, both professionally as well as what they're interested outside of work (our random slack channel is full of interesting articles, ranging from the latest application of AI to the best surf spots in Mexico).
    -Compared to a lot of San Francisco start ups, Quid's sales cycle is really dynamic and consultative. We're trying to help clients answer interesting questions (what's the future of the car? is my industry on the verge of disruption?) which makes the sales process very analytical.
    -Interesting technology with new challenges to solve. I often find myself saying "never a dull moment" about working at Quid. The overarching mission of the technology could be game-changing, that's both very exciting but also poses really interesting challenges that we have to work through on a day to day basis.
    -Excellent work - life balance. Quid values and encourages employees to live full lives outside of work. Our wellness and PTO policies support these efforts.
    -Strong company culture. People generally enjoy working with one another and try to embody the Quid value of enabling others to succeed.

Cons

-Communication across different functions within the organization can be disjointed
    -Better mechanisms for constructive feedback