Quidsi Reviews | Glassdoor

Quidsi Reviews

Updated July 29, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits,lots of free food, amazing cl workers, fun environment (in 7 reviews)

• Good pay (if you are lucky enough to get Amazon stock) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Customer Care is expected to fix everything under the false pretense of "helping" other teams (in 10 reviews)

• No one has any any documentation or real training materials (in 9 reviews)

1. "Customer Care Representative"

Pros

Great Starting Pay for Reps.

Cons

They promote the wrong people to be Supervisors.

Advice to Management

Get input from fellow reps before promoting indivduals.

2. "Customer Service Represent"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Benefits, company discounts, free lunch at times, give aways and raffles, breakfast where they serve pancakes and funnel cake, just a fun environment. You mostly talk with moms and dads and pets owners.

Cons

Intense short training, lots of testing during training, they try to cramp allt together in such a short time you must be a quick learner, 5 employees quit within my 90 day period.so much to deal with (shipping companies, credit card companies, gift card issues, damaged items, spoiled items)

Advice to Management

Make sure that there is a manager or supvr available nce new employees are hired and placed on the floor. There were 2 very good people that had the people friendy skills that were let go because they couldnt keep up with all the technical things that they had to learn in such a short time. I recommend alis giving more training in real life conversations with customers.

Oct 11, 2016 – VP Customer Care

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take pride in our Customer Care team being one of the best in the country, which is in part due to some fairly rigorous goals for... More

3. "ju s t ok"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

not bad business model. Intelligent coworker. Good location. Good view.

Cons

poor engineering environment. Cr blocks the process of development. Ownership is the way everyone wants to be boss.

"Peer group is great, work could be more fulfilling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+work alongside some of the smartest & nicest people (who are also funny!)
    +Amazon stock
    +flexible work schedule
    +opportunity for advancement
    +opportunity for movement inside Amazon
    +power to own your business
    +Amazon benefits

Cons

-systems and tools don't keep up with the business
    -constantly chasing deliverables and due dates
    -lack of long-term strategy, everything we do is in the now for right now
    -some of management and leadership don't have any valuable coaching or development skills to offer
    -don't get rid of the people they should but spend time weeding out some more junior folks
    -lack of accountability, ownership, and goal alignment across functional teams

Advice to Management

Stop living in the moment, offer a long-term strategy, communicate the how and when we get there, and track against it. Stop the churn and force your leaders to do the same. Stop just saying and start doing/enforcing. There are a lot of great, talented people at Quidsi who want to do the right thing for the business but are hindered by the red tape (that never used to exist), turf battles (created by silo's of the re-organization), lack of passion (due to lack of vision and how we continue to grow long-term). Give your "high potential" employees access to the right development by providing them impressive managers or fear continued lack of strategic vision and big picture thinking for many years to come.

Oct 10, 2016 – VP HR

We also think that Quidsians are some of the smartest and nicest people around! We appreciate your summary of some of our many perks and benefits – from career growth opportunities to happy hours to... More

"director"

Pros

great work environment; lots of fun activities, snacks, events, etc. Smart people too - people are really great at what they do and come from top schools.

Cons

Wasn't clear where they stood on the amazon food chain. Seemed like we weren't THAT important to them, though its possible things have changed.

"Designer"

Pros

There's a Starbucks across the street. If you stay long enough, you'll be vetted into a more responsibility.

Cons

One of my worst experiences- Art direction and design resources are minimal to non-existent. On one occasion I was asked to change my hours as they would not pay my overtime.

Advice to Management

Invest in your departments, hire proper directors/leaders. Merchants and strategists do not replace educated, experienced, conscious leaders in the industry. Nurture teams and avoid the obvious revolving door.

"good career starter, not for growth"

I have been working at Quidsi full-time

Pros

Quidsi is a great place for a first or second job. You can gain experience, make connections, get in the Amazon network. Lots of challenges and opportunities to fix things.

Cons

Not so good for growth. In the past year, restructuring, budget cuts, and directional shifts in an effort to turn the business around have left a wake of confusion and scramble. Tech is off limits, "systems" = excel, relationships between teams are tense. Star employees who have been with the company for years are jumping ship at a higher rate than usual and those that are still around are unhappy, frustrated, and looking for something else.

Oct 10, 2016 – VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We’re glad that you recognize Quidsi is a great place to gain experience. As a company that embraces big ideas and ownership over projects and... More

"The Chocolate Factory of Call Centers"

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Where do I begin?Great attitudes from all departments and personnel, free food (including fruit for us health nuts), and even a special event they hold one day a week for employees! (I don't want to give away any spoilers). They have a recreational area complete with video game systems, pool tables, and even work out equipment. Speaking of workout equipment, not only do they have their own personal workout area but you also get a free pass a really upscale gym around the corner. The training was awesome and I really hope to one day go back to work for the company. If you've been in customer service for years like I have, this company makes you feel like all that hard work finally paid off.

Cons

The only cons that comes to mind is that with most call centers the rookies are going to get the worse shift bids at first. This is a 24/7 contact center, and when I started out, I got off work around 3am at night. So this might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

I hope you're still being as awesome as I remember, and hope that I'll be able to work for you again. Your employees appreciate you!!

"Associate Director"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi full-time

Pros

Amazing people, collaborative, highly positive environment. Simply some of the best people I have ever worked with - many who have gone on to found their own businesses. They have the right combination of smarts, creativity and drive.

Cons

Integration with Amazon stumbled at times, going through a tough transition period. Many of the senior managers left, and the company was in transition from high-growth startup to midsize growing company - and along with that came some growth pains.

Advice to Management

Sometimes teams can be too silo-ed, making for friction and/or poor communication between teams. Make sure that the new hires match the current direction of the company.

"culture is in the eye of the beholder"

I have been working at Quidsi full-time

Pros

- Guiding Principles and Amazon Leadership Principles: everyone seems truly to be on board with these and tries to embody them. This is great because it defines what the company culture, values and standards of expectations.
    - Teams are comprised of talented and experienced people, props to recruiting for setting the bar high.
    - Internal movement opportunities available, though you have to seek it to find it, they're there.
    - If you raise your voice with a well thought out and beneficial idea it will be heard.
    - Medical plans are good and affordable, free food is a nice surprise once in a while too.

Cons

- Negative outlook from employees who have been here for a while plays a toll on newer employees who don't know "what it was like before". I'm content with what it is now but others need to stop dwelling on the past and stop being brats about "perks" that were cut down. Morale is low because you're holding a grudge against privileges, not rights.

Advice to Management

Don't rely on the culture team and employee services to improve morale and the mood of the company because events and activities won't make me love my job more. They are fun and make Quidsi unique and I do see them as necessary but more personable department specific attention needs to come from the top down in order to be really trending in the transparent direction. Be more organic in this and less structured.