Cover image for QuikTrip

QuikTrip

Is this your company?

QuikTrip

Add a Review

QuikTrip Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"

Updated Oct 28, 2021

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III
Chet Cadieux III
1,614 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay the best part was the structure you know whats expected of you and really feel good about working there.(in 446 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great and part time can really take advantage of the tuition reimbursement which covers unto 4.5k a year.(in 239 reviews)
  • "Great Pay and bonuses.(in 208 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for part time and easy to transition to full time management with hard work.(in 116 reviews)
  • "Quiktrip has a knack for hiring great and people and I've had a good time working with them.(in 111 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of QuikTrip and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay and benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful Job for the college age students.

Oct 1, 2013 - Part Time Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is great for anybody that is looking for a job in order to help pay for college. The are a very accommodating company.

Cons

The promotion opportunities are quite limited. The only way to get promoted is to consent to first working overnights for around a year.

2. 3.0

harsh managers

Aug 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

the job is not that hard once you get a hang of it and they pay is above minimum wage which is good.

Cons

As a full time college student, my managers keep scheduling me for over 20 hours a week and while i wasn't in school they barely gave me hours. They complain when i can't work beacause school activities

3. Join the QuikTrip team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great benefits but culture can be stifling at times

Oct 3, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up. Matched retirement plans. Lots of opportunities to grow and succeed.

Cons

Very conservative company. They don't always seem willing to change. People who have been working for QT for a long time are very enmeshed in the culture and it can be hard coming from the outside. Health insurance is pretty expensive if you have a family. Not very focused on work/life balance. Everyone is expected to work a lot and there seems to be a high divorce rate.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Jun 8, 2022 - Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and hours especially for a high school kid and most of the work isn’t bad in some cases enjoyable

Cons

The absolute worst management I’ve ever had the displeasure of working for

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

It is what is it (9 year employee)

Jul 26, 2016 - First Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fast Paced -CEO really cares for his employees -The culture. QuikTrippers hang out together quite a bit. You will never be short of friends and can vent about Manager X and {Insert Frustrating Retail Experience} -The Pay is great (as a full timer) for the work you actually do. While being stressful, where can you make 45k+/year without a degree. -Time off, both sick days and vacation. -Retirement -Career Advancement up to Manager

Cons

-Work Schedule (again, Full-Time exclusive). You have a set schedule. If a holiday falls on your scheduled work day, you will work it. Along with this, the intro RA and NA schedules can be rough to get used to. The flip side is, all full-timers have been there and can offer advice. -Manager dependent on experience. Every manager has a different way of running things and have different prerogatives. While some managers truly have your best interest in hand, some do not for fear of actually "pulling the trigger" with promotions. -The culture. Yes, it's a pro and a con. As a QTer, we strive to Never Be Satisfied. This leads to more focus on what should be improved over what was good. It is not uncommon to find an NA/RA frustrated about not hearing anything positive about their shifts. I witnessed a Manager take an RA around and show them very minor things (smudges on door panel to the bathroom, not label faced groceries, and hot dog buns filled improperly) and not giving them anything good. I asked the manager why not any good feedback and he said, "This minor feedback should be taken as good feedback because nothing major was wrong." -No breaks. It's not as difficult as it sounds as long as you are not used to breaks going into this job. It can get rough when pulling doubles (16-18 hours of work with no breaks), but it is what it is.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits but NO BREAKS!

Sep 30, 2014 - Part Time Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the fact of how the pay is weekly and everyone is generally nice and understanding.

Cons

They do over work you and its already bad enough that you dont get no break what so ever! You cant even sit down. When you do actually get a second to quinch your thirst they're hounding you asking you what you're working on. They also pressure you into taking promotions with little to no experience in the field. Only one week of training.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Be prepared to milk the machine, my friend.

May 1, 2019 - Relief Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

It goes without saying that the best thing about QT is their pay and benefits. Also, there are thousands of amazing individuals who work for this company. It is quite rare that you have a bad experience with another employee. The company wants to develop their employees not only as their employees, but as individuals. This is very apparent from day one starting as a store clerk. A good amount of time off (5 personal, 10 sick days a year, rolling calendar.) Paid Vacation time A tad pricey but all inclusive health care plan

Cons

Sometimes the store that you’re at just sucks to work at. The bad ones are usually either in a high drug traffic (urban) area, a slow area (you get less employee hours but you have to check the dates on EVERYTHING because it spoils), or a high volume area (managing 43 different things at once is difficult). The overnights are not only potentially dangerous as you are by yourself, but you also have a lot expected to be done At least in my division, they work you as if you are two or three people No discounts/free food aside from free fountain drinks and stale food items No breaks, even if you work 8+ hours or a double! How is this even legal?! The training that I received going from clerk to shift manager was spotty at best. I’ve been in this position for nearly 2 months and there’s still so many unanswered questions. Mandatory 46 hour work week is dreadful. Be prepared to say goodbye to your hobbies and friends. You’ll only want to eat and sleep. Sometimes, there will be no coverage for a manager or a clerk that has called out, so guess what? You get to work a double!

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 19, 2021 - Night Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

You feel like your are a big part of the company. The owner loves his employees. The base pay doesn't look great but with all the bonuses and incentives it pays off at teh end.

Cons

Is like everything now; short staff so feel overworked but if your in to make money this is the opportunity to jump in and make that happen.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Culture Change

Aug 19, 2019 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers and most managers are amazing. I’ve met some of my greatest friends at QT. In my opinion besides the pay, that’s hands down the best part about QuikTrip. The pay is really good considering you don’t need a degree. Starting pay is a little rough but if you stick to it you can make some good money working here. There’s tons on incentive to move up and the bonuses can be top notch if you work your way up to a high volume store.

Cons

Work-Life balance is extremely hard to deal with unless you’re a store manager. You’re life will unfortunately have to revolve around QuikTrip if you’re really wanting to move up. Most of my friends are QT employees because we all work a similar schedule. You have to work all holidays which is a drag because they’re near impossible to get off. The schedules are pretty bad, minimum 9-10 hours and you get no breaks and no lunch. This job eventually wears you down over time due to the constant standing and no downtime. Managements is definitely detached from how things really are there now. At one point we promoted within that way people that worked in the office understood where store employees were coming from, since we shifted into a food, fast food business about 90% of people in the office never had to work in this environment. It feels like they stick their heads in the sand when it comes to real problems that occur day to day. Training standard has dropped substantially. I use to take pride in my job because of the standard we held but not anymore. It feels like we’re just another business cutting the bottom line to make money.

7 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to grow in

May 4, 2017 - Clerk in Lawrenceville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have spent 5 years with this company as a part-time clerk I would like to share my insight with the company. This company provides a lot of room for growth and skills that can be utilized in future careers or positions with the company. I loved many of the employees I worked with and developed a close bond with the people that are there, and QuikTrip is somewhat picky on the employees that they hire. The pay and benefits are pretty good for the retail/convenience store industry, such as vacation pay (2 years for part-timers to obtain), bonuses, and pay. It's difficult to find a part-time job that provides incentives and pay that QuikTrip does. Staying with the company for a long period of time certainly exposes you to a lot of things that QuikTrip provides. Managers and full-timers are making great pay that are comparable to those that have a college degree job. Pretty flexible with my schedule to accommodate school schedule, and personal time. Being a fast paced job can certainly make time pass by throughout the shift, and you quickly develop a habit of constantly keeping yourself busy.

Cons

- The location of your store and managers can make or break your experience with the company. As much as this company tries to stay in uniform with expectations and duties across all stores, there are certainly differences in the way a store is handled based on managers preferences which can mess you up when you work between different stores. (Ex. some managers are more nit picky on certain things while others aren't) - The company tries to minimally staff their employees and push you to work harder so they can cut costs of paying so many employees. - You do not get breaks, if you want to eat, you can do so when the store is in good shape but may have to stop eating if things start to pick up or get busy again. - Working for the company can quickly burn you out, especially with the number tasks and duties that are being added since their shift towards focusing on food service with little to no compensation over stress load that is continuously being added.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 967 Reviews