QuinStreet Reviews

Updated May 14, 2020

3.3
QuinStreet Chairman and CEO Doug Valenti
Doug Valenti
Pros
  • "Very flexible with work life balance(in 28 reviews)

• "Great place to learn about the industry and have a very hands on approach(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's been so many upper management changes due to the instability of the company and market place(in 12 reviews)

• "Poor senior management which always rotates(in 11 reviews)

1. "Overall great experience, a lot to learn"

5.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big company, many departments, so it's different for everyone. But I had a good boss who taught me, challenged me, expected good work, and treated me like a real person. I felt my starting salary was fair and the promotions and raises were generous. There was a lot to learn. By the end, I felt 100 times more prepared to take on another challenge than I did when I started there. The perks and social vibes are decent. A wide range of ages and cultures. Nice office, easy to park, kitchen, happy hours to try to get new employees acquainted, big Halloween festivities, stuff like that.

Cons

Just know what kind of work you're getting into, as it can be less than thrilling for most departments I imagine. And you won't like everyone there. That's to be expected though. It's a big company.

QuinStreet2020-03-25
  2. "Director of Marketing"

Former Employee - Director of Marketing

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Team, Great Benefits, Offices all over the US allow for connections throughout.

Cons

Being a public company many things are very slow to get approved to move forward.

QuinStreet2020-04-16
  3. "Favortism, Laziness, and Incompetence Define it"

1.0
    Current Employee - Media Supervisor in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are fresh out of college, it's something to put on a resume.

Cons

They talk about being a meritocracy, but it's a total lie. The president openly promotes a culture of favoritism to such an absurd level. It does not matter how many hours you put in, how much work you complete, how many roles in addition to your own you have to assume when they lay off people on your team (and they will), how good the quality of your work is. She WILL ignore your existence and heap all the credit on her personal favorites. Even if they put in 6 hour days while you put in 10, if they claim something is too much of their time, it'll be taken off them and dumped on you. Then there is an accounting and sales ops team that stymies your ability to get anything done in a timely manner. Directly hurting business in your vertical. Yet, the CEO sings their praises. Account managers are there for 5+ years, work 30 hour weeks, refuse to get better or learn and get rewarded for it.

QuinStreet2020-05-15
  4. "Decent company to work at"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and helpful

Cons

Some processes/tools seem a bit dated, room for improvement /growth- however the company does invest in the advancement of their own proprietary tools which is awesome.

QuinStreet2020-02-03
  5. "Best Company I have Ever Worked For"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere! I love coming to work every day. My team are like my family and I can talk to pretty much anyone in the company including the CEO without feeling barriers due to titles or any of that nonsense. Low turnover, this was something that I needed in my next job and found here. Fun, we work hard and play hard with happy hours monthly and fun games and company outings and volunteer events. Always something going on to get everyone the chance to connect with everyone else here. Awesome clubs- I love being on the softball team, but there are several other sports teams year round as well as baking, board games and many other employee lead clubs.

Cons

None That I have Seen.

QuinStreet2020-01-29
  6. "Opportunity Abounds – It’s Up to You"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

• You will learn a ton about performance/math-based marketing and analytics • CEO and CTO/President are smart, engaging and full of energy and ideas • Shared services teams (i.e., Creative, IT, Recruiting, HR, Legal) are packed full of hard-working, kind people • Exciting time as company continues to promote and evolve their SaaS (QMP) and media products (eg., Clicks, Calls, Inquiries) • Can feel like a startup while providing the stability of enterprise

Cons

• Foster City headquarters not ideal location for office commute from East Bay or Tri-Valley area; can also be difficult from South Bay • Depending on manager/team, a flexible or work from home schedule may not be possible • May not be best culture for seasoned professionals unless good fit for company culture

QuinStreet2019-10-21

"Run away fast from the B2B division!"

I worked at QuinStreet full-time

Pros

Not much! Nice people to work with but that is about it. This used to be a great place to work for years but it is plagued with too many issues.

Cons

- This company outsources everything and the product quality is awful. Their entire sales pitch is BS - They can't renew clients and have an increasingly poor reputation in the B2B technology space - The management team has driven it into the ground. They all come from different industries and have never understood the B2B market - Competitors in the industry are steam rolling over them and growing while QuinStreet stagnates or year over year - Dishonesty abounds all throughout the business. Beware of being put in ethically compromising positions throughout your time here. - They seem to have lost all their top sales people to competitors over the years. A few that have massive followings and solid reputations in the industry and were considered some of the best.

QuinStreet2019-10-25

"EDU vertical driven into the ground"

Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time

Pros

- Finance vertical is an industry leader - Own very strong finance and insurance websites - Have a few huge insurance clients

Cons

- Industry sees QuinStreet EDU as shady, dishonest and unorganized - EDU leadership only focuses on month over month revenue- NO strategy in place, constant "firedrills" - Completely unrealistic sales goals, expecting increase when clients are leaving constantly - New clients won't sign up with "Shady QuinStreet"- opting for agencies instead - EDU media is basically dead unless your goal is to fill your sales funnel with people only looking for jobs - No feedback and horrible people management - Fired or drove out the only people trying to actually improve the business

QuinStreet2019-09-24
  9. "Great Product & Features, going in the right direction"

Former Employee - Senior QA Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great head starts in Insurance & Mortgage Integrations Technically Evolving

Cons

Do not recognize or reward great talent and end up losing critical SME's

QuinStreet2019-09-09
  10. "Decent Place to work."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mainly consumer brands, less B2B

Cons

None I can think of

QuinStreet2019-08-08