QuinStreet Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
QuinStreet Chairman and CEO Doug Valenti
Doug Valenti

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very flexible with work life balance" (in 24 reviews)

• "QuinStreet is an excellent place to start your career and grow through various phases of development" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Training is not thorough, management is corrupt, high turnover rate" (in 9 reviews)

• "There's been so many upper management changes due to the instability of the company and market place" (in 12 reviews)

1. "No Regrets"

Former Employee - Corporate Counsel in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Counsel in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility for 1st job out of law school
    Deep exposure to online media and performance marketing
    Management is approachable
    Collaborative teams meant access to diverse groups within the organization

Cons

Turnover in my team created tough working environment

Advice to Management

I continue to follow the company as many ex-QuinStreeters do. Continue to be performance oriented and differentiate from your competitors in terms of quality and service.

"QuinStreet Employment"

I worked at QuinStreet part-time

Pros

Relaxed dress code. Okay pay. Friendly coworkers

Cons

The actual products were kind of a scam. We offered to search for schools for people looking for jobs, and the only schools that were in the database were scammy, for-profit schools.

3. "Anynomous"

Current Employee - Account in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Account in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There isn’t much of a pro but the company day always are always fun.

Cons

The company has the best year yet and can only pay employees a 1.4% bonus with a small raise. I have been at the company for 2 and a half years now. Just sad. Doesn’t seem like they care about there employees that much.

Advice to Management

You are having to have high turnover rate and hard working employees looking for other jobs with the small bonus and raises.

"Good place to start career and gain experience"

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to start career and get some training and experience. Easy to advance from associate to manager in 1-2 years, and then senior manger in another 2 years (even if you are not managing anyone or gaining more responsibilities). Everyone is very friendly, and mostly smart and good at what they do. Very relaxed culture, hours are flexible and unlimited PTO. Also nice to have half cubicles and nobody has an office, so very open for collaboration and easy to interact with higher ups.

Cons

Pay is pretty low, raises and bonuses each year is barely anything due to "budgets". There was a big layoff and restructuring back in 2016 and since then there has been a lot of people leaving (low morale and people were overwhelmed with suddenly taking on 1.5-2 peoples roles ).

Note for the summer internship program: you don't get any say in the team that you end up on after the training, and at the end of the internship there is a possibility they can't give you a full time offer due to that team not having enough budget. They may offer you a role in another team.

5. "Straightforward Work"

I have been working at QuinStreet part-time

Pros

Management is more than willing to help you.

Cons

Work in one department becomes boring.

"Great potential, inconsistent management & transparency"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collective expertise across multiple fields, great culture, and interesting challenges which arise as part of the advertising/marketing industry.

Cons

Compensation is limited, and workload often results in long hours. Limited communication/transparency from senior management, with unorganized and vague execution to business model.

Training is limited and the current training programs aren't sufficient to establish expertise - limiting employees to seek training during their free time, outside of the workplace.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and invest in your employees, in order to improve visibility to your operations and future-proof your current business model.

7. "Adecco ruined everything"

I worked at QuinStreet full-time

Pros

Dress code! And you can do whatever you want it’s a fun Envoirnment.. just unfulfilling

Cons

When Adecco took over everyone was getting fired and they sucked the fun out of everything

Advice to Management

Go away and bring back Randstad

"A place to grow"

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time

Pros

QuinStreet is an excellent place to start your career and grow through various phases of development. I have been given various opportunities throughout my career here to branch out into new areas both on the technology and P&L side. Opportunities to own and lead initiatives are fruitful. The Company's willingness to test new initiatives and explore your ideas is refreshing.

Cons

Often times prioritization of resources and opportunities becomes difficult given the vertical orientation of the company. It would be great to have a more holistic approach to this and more visibility into the pipeline of opportunity across the company. More collaboration on new ideas across verticals would also be awesome.

Advice to Management

Continue to feed us more information around strategy, wins, and challenges. Often times we hear about everything after the fact. Given our momentum--there is much we can accelerate if we share more sooner.

"Worked at QuinStreet for almost 10 years and it was hard but great"

Former Employee - Vice President in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

QuinStreet is a challenging and interesting place to work. The company has a very performance-oriented culture which works great if you are ambitious, open to constructive feedback and hard working. As a company whose main product/service is digital marketing it is one of the best places to become an expert in customer acquisition, the various digital marketing channels and how big advertisers think about their digital marketing budgets. You will learn a ton and it will give you a pretty broad view of how the internet ecosystem works.

QuinStreet also has a promote-from-within culture and rewards folks for working hard and contributing. There are good opportunities for advancement over time, and people feel valued so they stay (often 5+ years).

The company navigated a big transition in its business (shift away from Education to Insurance/Financial Services) over the last 6-7 years which was hard to do and led to low morale at some points. To the credit of a lot of dedicated and hardworking people there, the business remained fairly stable throughout that process and has exited that transition and is now growing quickly. I would work there again.

Cons

The flipside of the performance-oriented culture is that your professional development and success at the company is evaluated based on the impact you are making. This can mean you won't get a lot of recognition for working hard on something that doesn't drive impact, and that if you are in a junior role it may be hard to make a big impact in your first year or two. You have to be open to feedback and enjoy solving hard problems to do well there.

As a company in Silicon Valley where startups are continually raising tons of money from VCs and trying to dazzle with their innovative ideas, QuinStreet can feel a little stodgy. QuinStreet has historically been fairly quiet as a company, and has done virtually no PR or brand-building - which makes it a bit hard to understand from the outside. People who have been working in the digital advertising industry for a while will know QuinStreet, but it may not get much name-brand recognition outside of that.

Advice to Management

The company was one of the early innovators of digital marketing and could do more to strengthen its brand and position as a thought leader in the digital advertising ecosystem.

"Works for me!"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible with work life balance. Open environment. Solid and reliable employees that are smart, proactive and fun to work with. Hard work and execution of projects are recognized and rewarded. Very relaxed working environment.

Cons

It's not FB or Apple, but I don't think I'd fit in there anyways!