QuintilesIMS Client Service Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Client Service Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in La Canada, CA
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in La Canada, CA

Pros

Good benefits. Good company culture.

Cons

Salary sucks. Annual raise is a joke.
    Limited career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Make salary scale/levels transparent. What is the range I can expect in a level.

"Below Average"

Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Redwood Shores, CA

Pros

The west coast head quarters is in a mall, intimate, beautiful office space with little distraction. You get the opportunity to work directly with clients (onsite) to build meaningful business relationships and really have an impact on the business.

Cons

On-boarding and training was lackluster. I was supposed to join a group of other new hires for on-boarding on the east coast, but they tried to on-board me via Webex and e-learning tutorials. I basically had to self-train. You're also expected to work over time (early mornings and late nights, available all the time), which is fine, but you don't get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

When I was trying to set goals for my career path, I was also told the exams I needed to take to advance were "out of date" and I couldn't advance until they made updated versions. They never did and I never got to advance. I eventually got laid off. It felt like they took advantage of my hard work and patience.

3. "Senior management is only interested in the bottom line"

Former Employee - Client Services Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

Large corporation with some potential to move around. Benefits were great. A stable work life, with limited overtime required.

Cons

Very top heavy. Senior management does not recognize its workers performance. Cost cutting to the bone left the office with minimum number of staff to operate. Numerous C-suite meetings but little action taken on the operational side to ensure staff have adequate resources to perform their duties. Staff turnover close to 100% within 2 years due to lack of professional and career growth opportunities and non-competitive salary. Job titles did not reflect duties. Senior management had limited to no knowledge of the day-to-day operations. Unsurprisingly they do not know the "business" and thus do not know how to run the business. Technology (at least in my office) was several years behind current industry standards.

Advice to Management

Offer competitive salaries at market rate. Fix job titles. Listen to workers and provide resources for getting work done. Provide career advancement opportunities. Recognize high performers. Replace current management with technology-savy members. Revamp your strategic plans to meet current industry demands and execute.

4. "IMS Health"

Current Employee - Client Services Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Client Services Senior Analyst

Pros

Culture is better than it used to be. Innovation at least gets lip-service as being important. Client focus has improved as well.

Cons

Still quite a few instances where IMS acts like a monopoly. You can have your data any way you'd like...as long as it's our way.

Advice to Management

Communicate better and more often your plan for the company. Employee satisfaction would improve if there was more of a feeling of inclusion.

"Is this a sustanable company or CEOs cashcow?"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team mates are good people

Cons

Zero advancement opportunities
    Bonus is only funded if CEO does not need money to reach his goals for his multi million dollars bonus :-(

Advice to Management

Don't touch my bonus money

6. "Client Service Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Barcelona (Spain)

Pros

Work enviroment, top learning in all fields, nice people.

Cons

Preassure and sometimes lack of communication.

7. "Great experience for college undergrads, although internship program still has plenty of room to grow."

Former Employee - Client Services Analyst Intern
    Former Employee - Client Services Analyst Intern

Pros

Culture is great. People are very friendly. They give you a really great work-life balance, with the option to work from home when necessary.

Client services is great when you want to communicate with other pharma bio-tech companies.

Cons

There is a growing fear about layoffs because of outsourcing, especially in IT. The job can be very stressful as reports are constantly needed to be on time and without flaw.