QuintilesIMS Reviews | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib
Ari Bousbib

2,152 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Great place for a career"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Somewhere they are committed to you development and in contrast to some other CROs you can spend your career here as internal development is taken seriously. They have done a lot of work to ensure they have market competitive salaries too. People are generally very nice and the offices are great.

Cons

Can sometimes be long hours but not all the time - really depends on the project and how you manage it.

Advice to Management

Don't give up the commitment to early talent, people development and career mapping.

"Corrosive Workplace especially at Warren office"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warren, NJ

I have been working at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall the QuintilesIMS is great place to work with lots of opportunities to explore and grow, with exception of few bad teams such as legacy CRM located in Warren NJ.

Cons

Kiss up slap down culture, predilection for spineless hires. yelling on under links, unethical behavior. If you want psychological damage come here. people here don't trust you because they think you are competitor. Zero co-operation within teams. Product management is a disaster, they bring no ideas to table and don't appreciate any from under links. Hiring process is rigged and adaptation to Agile methodology is a joke.

Advice to Management

There is lots of research on organizational life, reshaping and adapting to good ways can bring and attract talented individuals and boost productivity.

3. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bedford, NH

I worked at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and vacation packages, competitive salaries. Tuition reimbursement program is a huge plus

Cons

Many of the managers I had there didn't seem very invested in helping me achieve my career goals. Building skills and self-improvement exercises are expected to be done outside normal business hours. Annual goal-setting and competency reviews are very cookie-cutter and not much time or focus is put into them throughout the year by management. Felt like a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Continually rescheduling or cancelling your scheduled one-on-one meetings with your employees makes them feel like a low priority and not worth your time. Make the effort to show you care about your employees' development.

5. "Assistant Manager clinical data services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Broad range of opportunities. Skilled management and operations colleagues. Team oriented approach to solving client needs and delivering solutions/excellence.

Cons

Over extended resources causing managers and support staff to lose work-life balance. Offshore support units not supported with adequate training or management.

Advice to Management

Focus on delivering excellence rather than trying to gain clients by promising lower costs that cannot be achieved or maintained without sacrificing quality.

"Hostile Work Environment in Warren,NJ"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Warren, NJ

I have been working at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work which believes in Change .
    and vision.
    Great company benefits
    Pension and bonus
    Excellent growth opportunities in rest of the company.

Cons

Very hostile work culture in legacy CRM team.
    People are treated in unprofessional manner.
    There is absolutely organization structure beneath the Director level.
    If you are in technology,please stay away from this place.

Advice to Management

Please change the middle management in Warren, NJ

7. "CTA"

Former Employee - Cta in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cta in Raleigh, NC

I worked at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Position is an excellent way to learn how clinical research works. Very nice facilities at the Durham, NC location.

Cons

The management team is all over the place. Training is not the best. Management is not consistent with the CTAs. It is very difficult to move up from this department.

Advice to Management

Training, training and more training.

8. "Great opportunity and highly rated EEO place to work"

Former Employee - RN Clinical Educator in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - RN Clinical Educator in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In charge of my own schedule except with urgent needs. Pharma contract with education opportunities. Online training for 12 weeks prior to hitting the road. I enjoyed being a Road Warrior with a 5 state territory. Salaried position.

Cons

Manager was quick to judge each worker and talked to peers behind their back. Once judged, unable to convince her of the value of thinking out of the box. She also had favorites and let us know whom they were by the words she used and special assignments given.

Advice to Management

Encourage direct managers to value each member of the team equally. Evaluate each manager for micro managing and stress the importance of allowing out of the box thinking for efficient and cost effective solutions.

9. "Regional Field Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Field Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Regional Field Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company with stellar management. The business model fits quite well in today's Pharmaceutical Industry. The CSO division has been the highly recognized for it's contribution to launching new products and providing talented individuals to drive market share and growth.

Cons

Quite frankly, I cannot convey any cons with regards to the organization. All divisions work in concert to provide the highest level of customer service to its clients.

Advice to Management

QuintilesIMS always has a robust candidate pool from which to advance and promote talented and successful managers. The realm of disease states and medications are vast from which to secure the best individual to lead a team.

"Great local staff and local leadership, but lack of direction from above"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great, fun culture that started with Appature (purchased by IMS in 2013) has remained. I get to work with very smart, knowledgeable people. No one is working me to the bone. Nice view, free parking.

Cons

Upper level management (above the Seattle office) has no idea how to run a software company. Direction keeps changing every few months. Apparently we're Salesforce developers now.

Advice to Management

Trust us, and let us do what we need to do to make a better product, rather than signing multi-million-dollar deals on vendor products and services without performing due diligence to determine that they fulfill our customers' needs.

"Tech Solutions"

Current Employee - Principal in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Principal in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

"Entrepreneur" feel to your job. Supported to pursue unique projects. If you have a good boss, you will excel.

Cons

Boys club. No women in top management roles. Keeps buying companies to show revenue instead of earning it.

Advice to Management

Get rid of managers that are in way over their heads, especially ones that keep losing clients. You have many.

Showing 2,152 of 2,288 reviews