Quintiq Reviews | Glassdoor

Quintiq Chief Executive Officer Rob van Egmond
Rob van Egmond

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Work-life balance and maximum efficiency"

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quintiq goes to great lengths to make their employees happy and productive. Since the acquisition by Dassault Systemes, the original Quintiq leadership fought tooth and nail to keep the best benefits we have, because that is part of what makes us love working here.

The work is challenging and interesting. We get to work with any number of different industries, and different people from around the world. The customers vary widely and often make the job more fun.

Cons

Work-life balance can get out of whack easily, depending on your role. There's often pressure to over-deliver, even when it eats into your home life (though managers are eager to find you help). Some of the customers make the work more challenging than necessary, but management strives to put the best people on the project, people who are good at working with difficult people.

"Coporate takeover bringing down an excellent company"

I have been working at Quintiq full-time

Pros

Great software and optimization
    Open office, encourages collaboration
    The smartest and most productive workforce I've seen in an office
    Fast paced and flat culture, your ideas are always heard and often put into action
    People truly enjoy working here, but the sudden changes are demoralizing

Cons

Unfortunately, a corporate takeover by Dassault Systemes promises to remove the Quintiq culture.

Work-life balance depends on your project. Long days, late nights, travel, and even weekend work can be necessary and sometimes common. Additional work both within and beyond your own project is expected, to assist others. In return, Quintiq compensated with time-for-time (paid overtime or extra time off). But, time-for-time is being taken away. In fact, management has approached employees on this with some aggression, and we'll lose earned time-for-time retroactively from the beginning of the year.

As opposed to Quintiq's culture, Dassault Systemes evidently prefers a standard corporate top-down approach.

Advice to Management

Time-for-time is integral to the project-based work, collaborative culture, work quality, and attracting and retaining smart and productive colleagues. For whatever Dassault Systemes hopes to gain in accounting by taking it away, they stand to lose much more. Please reconsider, this time with employee input.

"The smartest people in the room"

Current Employee - Quintiq Specialist in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Quintiq Specialist in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe that many people go their entire lives without finding a job that truly makes them happy. I had that at Quintiq. The culture of the company is that of "work hard, but be happy while your doing that work". I was surrounded by creative, intelligent, motivated peers who were eager to provide me with whatever help that I needed to achieve my full potential. I was proud of the work that I did and was able to see immediate results in the companies that used the software that I created for them. It felt good to brag to family and friends about how the code that I wrote directly influenced efficiency at some of the largest companies in the world.

The work is exciting and fast paced. A typical day involves sitting in front of a whiteboard with a few peers, and trying to design a solution to some logistics puzzle. As a software engineer, there are a wide variety of jobs that you could have. For example, somebody has to write the code to make error codes show up correctly on a cable box. I can assure you that this job is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. The problems that you will solve will require you to be creative and solve puzzles. Your full time job is to solve the types of problems that you read in brain teasers. It's fun!

Cons

Quintiq has a very flat structure, which is great because you work among your equals. As you gain experience, you will be given additional responsibilities. But, your official title won't change. Some people want to move up a structured managerial latter as they put in their time. I would say that Quintiq does not follow this structure.

Sales cycles are battles of attrition, but the rewards are huge. This means that the difference between a good year and a bad year is often whether or not your business unit had a single sale.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead as you are leading now, by showing genuine concern for the well being of your employees.

"A shadow of its former self"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Quintiq full-time

Pros

Still generally a friendly workplace
    People like to help others (but increasingly don't have time)
    Interesting and challenging work
    Awesome technology

Cons

Too much focus on short sighted, meaningless performance measures
    You can raise concerns, voice opinions, protect your work / life balance but expect to be penalized at review time
    BUs are under-resourced and unable to make their own decisions
    Too many processes, management levels, people interfering with everyday work and then wondering why efficiency is low
    Promoting smart people with poor people management skills into management positions
    Basically, all the cons you would normally find in a large, bureaucratic organization

Advice to Management

Show real leadership and empower your staff. Management used to be good at this.

"-"

Pros

Casual environment
    Great software for a specific purpose

Cons

Not what it used to be

Advice to Management

-------------

"Business Consultant"

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- amazing flexibility
    - time-4-time (overtime)
    - great benefits
    - empowers employees
    - enables creativity
    - Quintiq management can be self-deprecating at times
    - Quintiq academy, wiki, and community are great knowledge resources
    - open environment, 5 minute rule, encourages people to ask questions and be efficient

Cons

- limited pay structure, generally underpaid
    - sometimes ask the impossible of employees. This can be a pro and a con. It is a con when there is no choice but allowing it to consume your life
    - the 5 minute rule is less applicable when everyone's capacity is maxed out
    - limited upward movement consultants. that may just because they're not giving us superficial titles to make us feel better every year

Advice to Management

- create a better support and response system for projects that have the potential to take over people's lives.

"very project based, not product"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive

Pros

Strong developers and engineering leadership

Cons

too many BU's causes lack of focus on larger picture. Customers are buying a project and teams are almost entirely consulting

Advice to Management

replace sales leadership

"Great office culture, not-so-fun anything else"

I worked at Quintiq full-time

Pros

Quintiq offers a great office culture- snacks, soda, coffee in a bright green kitchen, ping pong table and board games, very casual dress code, even more casual interaction with everyone

Cons

The 3DS acquisition has Quintiq in a strange position. Seeing the General Manager, CMO, CEO and CFO step down or leave the company with no intention for replacement is concerning. The time-for-time payout program is great on the surface, but creates a culture of non-stop work and availability, and the company has made it unclear to employees whether the program will continue in the future. Adequate communication is lacking among leadership and between departments.

Advice to Management

Escalation and a casual culture seems great on the surface, but it isn't effective. The stress levels and uncertainty surrounding Quintiq were not worth me staying. Reach out to your lower-level employees and see where the problems are, look at your senior leadership and question if they handle their authority appropriately, and work harder to keep good talent.

"Interesting and challenging work, strong culture"

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong culture that isn't just something in an employee handbook; leadership encourages and promotes those ideals; employees are heard and recognizes for great teamwork
    All projects are puzzles, and due to the software being so flexible they can be applied within many different industries which keeps things interesting
    Excellent eLearning curriculum which continually grows and improves, very good processes
    Fun and relaxed environment, within the my office there are monthly events organized by a "fun committee", winter and summer corporate events, quarterly dinners
    We work hard and play hard, as many have said; you need to be smart and motivated to keep up so stay away slackers

Cons

Fast paced can lead to working more hours, but you get compensated with the time for time program (i.e. you accumulate any hours over 40 each week which you can use for vacay or get paid out at 2 point during the year)

Advice to Management

Things have been good, keep working to keep it that way.
    We've been growing; let's fill in those remain opening gaps to round out the teams, just don't forget to keep the veterans salaries inline with the new blood to keep things fair

"Excellent Company, great software, geared for growth"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At any company, if you are a hard worker and geared toward success, you need to put in extra time when needed. Quintiq recognizes those hard workers and offers unlimited Time for Time. This can then be cashed out twice per year at your current salary. You can also store it away year over year as a $$ value and take off for 3 months if you want. Each year the value in time will decrease as you get raises ( as expected ).

They really care about the employees. Weekly reports always get addressed and management is very excited to succeed with your help. The company has several events for all employees throughout the year.

The company is split into business units. Some are successful some are not. Leadership is important. You get to contribute to your business unit's success because you are 1 of up to 50 ( max ) people with a profit/loss that is nothing to balk at. This directly correlates to profit sharing. Quintiq gives 15% of profits to employees. Those business units that are most successful get most of the money. There is great opportunity to blow you base salary out of the water. Personally I had an increase of more than 30% from my base.

The software is extremely impressive. Things that would take a week to write in JAVA takes minutes with Quintiq. Everything that I hate about JAVA, C# or say C++ is extrapolated away for me and I worry about the puzzle and the logic of it. If you are more interested in the puzzle than leveraging your memorization of libraries, this is the place for you.

As a software engineer, you have the opportunity to work multiple projects per year. A major bonus is that you are the main engineer from start to finish ( entire PLC ).

Quintiq gives you the choice ( unless their hands are tied for specific reasons ) of which project you are working on. So if you like 1 industry or puzzle over another or like process vs discrete, they will make every attempt possible to fill that request. They realize that if you like your project you tend to do well.

One of the best things about being a software engineer for Quintiq is that they will actively bring their software engineers into sales cycles to configure products on the spot. This is extremely gratifying and lets you have a major contribution to the success of your business unit.

A-Team for A-Players only. This was a major pro of Quintiq. Everyone I work with is successful, smart, motivated and is a team player geared for success.

Cons

There are occasions where there is a lot to get done in a short period of time. Those that like a 40 hour week will find this as a MAJOR con. If you can't put a 60 hour week in here or there, feel free to stay away.

Those that can't keep up or are not motivated will surely fall behind. These B Player tend to not last. They are either let go before the end of their first year or quit by then.

Sometimes bluntness can be taken as rudeness, blatant disrespect, belittlement, condescension, etc. If you think you are smart having someone else not agree or call you out on something not so smart doesn't feel good. It took me a good amount of time to not take it so personally. If you are sensitive feel free to stay away.

Advice to Management

Make sure DS does change what makes Quintiq great and unique and keep doing what you do!