KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Quixey Reviews

Updated May 22, 2019

Found 58 of over 66 reviews

3.2
Quixey CEO John Foster  (no image)
John Foster
Pros
  • "Some free food left, but everything had been cut(in 8 reviews)

• "Good location - close to public transportation and Mountain View downtown(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Several people confirmed already, there is no product and no revenue(in 5 reviews)

• "Besides an arrogant and egotistical CEO, the top heavy management is obnoxious(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to be an intern

Jun 22, 2016 - Intern in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are very intelligent, helpful and fun to work with. There were a lot of perks too; Food in the cafeteria, gym access and even time with a personal trainer and much more

Cons

Not anything that will apply to everyone. However the open office approach is not for everyone, especially if you are easily distracted

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company trying to take it to the next level

Mar 20, 2015 - COO's Org in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a unique vision and major potential. There are a lot interesting projects to work on. It seems like the goal is to figure out what type of company we need to be to make it in this industry. Leadership is taken steps to get us there Culture is awesome. Never worked in such a friendly and inviting environment. My coworkers are my peers regardless of age or experience. They are the best part of coming to work on a daily basis. The benefits are top notch. 3 meals a day from an awesome caterer, gym membership, onsite yoga and trainers, and a Quixey Life program that creates a platform for employees to do activities together or give back to the community. Salaries are high This is a great place to be working!

Cons

Roles and teams are known to change. The nature of a growing start-up is finding who your company needs to be for the current stage and the next. I think we are getting closer to who we need to be and have faith that we will get there. Work load is hard to predict week by week. Different projects require varying amounts of effort and makes it difficult to know what hours you may need to commit to complete a task.

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Quixey is a great place to work with a CEO who is very open, and an extremely intelligent team.

Mar 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quixey is a very open company with regards to openness from the CEO and upper management. The level of intelligence and friendliness of employees is very high. The benefits are great. The area we are in (app/deep-app) search is rapidly growing and Quixey is a pioneer in this area. Quixey is a place where individuals who want to make a difference can since the area (app search, deep-app search/ads) is just now beginning to take off.

Cons

Quixey is in an area (deep-app search/ads) that is very new, as a result it is impossible to create definite, immutable plans. Individuals who require complete structure with precise 5-year plans are unlikely to be happy. While there definitely are multi-year plans, the details rapidly change due to the newness of the space. Likewise, the company does have a high expectation of employees. Individuals who do not want to work hard (while still having a good life balance) might not be as successful.

9 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

My experience at Quixey made my career. They've really helped me thrive.

Aug 12, 2014 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits and perks: top health care, healthy organic snacks, 3 meals a day, fun office decor, nice laptop monitors, 3-day company retreats twice a year -Brilliant people: the engineers here are seriously the smartest people I've worked with. They make engineers at other startups in Silicon Valley look ordinary -Great technology: Quixey's working on a platform that makes the work of other startups look ephemeral; this presents lots of interesting technical challenges -Emphasis on culture: People do lots of fun activities together like playing board games; everyone is generally open to ideas from their co-workers as long as feedback is constructive -Strong finances: the CEO is a whiz at raising big rounds of VC funding and closing big deals

Cons

-Suboptimal org structure: top heavy with lots of execs; a few core teams are really understaffed while other nice-to-have teams are staffed ahead of when they're necessary -Constant firefighting mode: it seems like the company is always jumping from tight deadline to tight deadline to deliver on big projects -Too many meetings: anybody working on important projects spends way too long in meetings

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies I have worked at

May 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart Idea: Quixey has a smart idea. By smart, I mean it's unique and also most appropriate for the current time. The founders and senior management have thought over this, and constantly revisit to make sure, we have the highest clarity on what the company does, it's current and future prospects and it's reliance on new employees to create value. Fine People: The people at Quixey make Quixey happen. I have seen a keen interest in seeing people being constantly involved with the interview process to make sure, that we not only get the finest employees in terms of technology, expertise and communication skills, but also in terms of how well they would fit with the culture to move Quixey forward. Great Progress: Over the last 1.5 years, since I have joined, Quixey has made great strides in technology, adoption, and partnerships. I feel they are moving on the right path, with the right priorities.

Cons

I don't really seen any cons, but I do see challenges. The challenges Quixey will face are more to do with dealing with change. As the company grows, they will need to learn to adapt to the change, in terms of the software they build, the people they hire and the processes they use.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

product

Dec 15, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Product management was a good org

Cons

engineering management was not a good org

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Fantastic Company - Amazing Culture, Talented People, and Great leadership

Aug 13, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is filled with amazing, hard-working, passionate, smart, and talented individuals that I've ever experienced. My manager makes my work meaningful and motivates me to continue to wake up in the morning and start with a smile - he truly cares for my career development, remains transparent, and has my back from day 1. People like this in the company build great relationship and trust among peers. Management here let's you take ownership where you could perform to your full potential. I've seen many many managers in this company who works the same way. I've learned so so much in such a short time. CEO and Leadership have stretched vision and are attempting to solve real problems that no one know has successfully achieved. Kudos to them!

Cons

Like many start ups growing expediently fast especially, this company is doubling in size less than a year, which takes a toll on operational efficiency. - Company culture is slowly falling apart - people here takes advantage of being spoiled with technology, food, snacks, etc. We are seeing more of a mess and individuals should learn how to clean up after themselves. - Some new hires takes longer than others to on-board

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Incompetent, ego-driven people leading a company that has no customers, product or revenue

Jun 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are all very very smart and capable. Great benefits Fantastic meals from professional chef Healthy snacks beyond compare Dart guns and darts all over the place Posh offices (formerly Whats App ) Amazing parties, off sites, industry events Some good technologies

Cons

Company has no direction except the tact taken by its ego-driven CEO whose vision seems impervious to any business common sense, market realities, customer needs or market feedback. CEO sucks the life and energy out of the room, naysayers are promptly humiliated in company-wide meetings. Leaving employees are bad-mouthed during all-hands. The vision is forced onto employees regardless of their experience and it isn't working as evidenced by lack of users of any kind, partnerships or revenue given the amount of money raised Sr. mgmt is self-delusional, constantly talking, never listening to customers or partners Company is in serious trouble, un-Godly amount of cash raised with 5 strategic directions because none of them have any real traction. Partners really don't understand what Quixey actually does. Power play at the top with extreme conflict, whole company knows they don't get along. With money raised, company thinks it's the next Google, but it can't execute. People talk about executing in every meeting but so many meetings, no one has time to execute. People work 10-5, no sense of urgency whatsoever

45 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Competent coders and good work environment but lacking in management

Jul 15, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a few very talented programmers that will make the experience here worthwhile. The work environment is also very relaxed and flexible, allowing you to work from anywhere and take paid days off as long as you get your job done. It is a ridiculously comfortable life here.

Cons

The management here is a bit confused. Often I am given tasks that either are simple fixes better left to the people who originally wrote the code or incur an opportunity cost from not assigning me to code something more difficult and critical. I feel like I could be much more helpful, but I was not able to convince management to support me to help across the teams.

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Start-up at the frontier of mobile app search

Aug 14, 2015 - Vice President in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest reason to work at Quixey is that it is at the bleeding edge of mobile search focused on how to make finding functions and content inside apps easier - globally. The company is one of the very few US companies that has made inroads into China successfully with a large local presence, strategic partnerships with Alibaba and understanding culture of Chinese companies.

Cons

Management does change direction every few months but its also a reflection of their need to evolve in a fast changing mobile landscape and what the market needs tomorrow rather than where it is today.

13 people found this review helpful