Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Perry Turbes

Pros
  • great exposure to the oil and gas industry and business (in 16 reviews)

• Good starting salary, semi-annual bonuses, learn as much technical information as you like, learn about a specific niche in the oil and gas industry (in 8 reviews)

Cons

"valued employee in a growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Quorum treats their employees extremely well. With very competitive salaries, bonuses, and profit sharing, the compensation is unlike I've seen in most companies.

Cons

As a smaller company, it is almost required that every employee travel for a period of time. Some travel more than others, but it can be up to 100%.

"Poised to be a success story of the new NA energy economy"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Quorum is a rapidly growing company in a rapidly growing industry. It offers employees a great environment to learn both the software and Oil and Gas industries. It is on the leading edge of Oil and Gas Accounting solutions and offers smart motivated consultants the ability for to advance quickly.

Cons

Long hours are expected. - Those who are motivated and engaged should not find this unusual. I do not know of any consulting company that would expect any different.

Some travel will be required However most of the industry is in Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma and Denver so long international trips are rare.

Advice to Management

Do more to let employees know they are appreciated

"Quorum is a great place to develop your career."

Pros

Great People, Long term vision and growth, Care about their Clients

Cons

Company expects employees to be hard working, high achievers

"Great Place to Build a Career"

Pros

Great place to learn a lot about the oil and gas business and technology. Lots of training to take advantage of. Company has a strong focus on mentoring. The people are great, lots of high performing, smart and personable people. Talented leadership team with many that started their careers at Quorum.

Compensation is very competitive. Office facilities and location are top notch.

Cons

Consulting is a tough business, travel and hours can be challenging for some people to manage effectively.

"Challenging, fast-paced environment but rewarding in experience and compensation"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, training in software, rich industry experience, collaborative work environment

Cons

Not enough vacation time, travel time is not billable to the company

Advice to Management

Senior managers and above can always be more approachable and friendly

"Rewarding place to work with career opportunities proportional to ambition"

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

The people are talented individuals from top to bottom with a culture centered around mentorship, employee development, and dynamic work opportunities. You will learn a lot about the oil & natural gas industry, develop meaningful technical skills, and have opportunities to gain responsibility very early on. A significant portion of the leadership is "home-grown" talent. Financial compensation is very good and merit based. Social and team-building activities happen frequently at the vertical / team level to build camaraderie.

Cons

Expectations are high to continue to build on the company's success, so scrubs won't last very long and need not apply.

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Lots of experience and responsibility straight out of college. Friendly people. Open workplace where employees are encouraged to ask questions. Mentor program for new employees. 4 week training teaches lots of information/technologies. Opportunities to help out with recruitment process. Flexible work time frames (as long as you put in your 9+ hours). Really intelligent co-workers. Work activities can change day by day, so tasks will never be boring. The company is doing great overall in their industry.

Cons

Other employees will know and gossip about your new role/project before you even know it (so you'll usually hear unofficially first). Some employees have to work long 12+ hours days on projects and generally seem unhappy. High turnover. Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day. Depending on the teams, there can be issues in communication.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention. Ensure all managers & above are openly communicating tasks. Find a way to ease the stress of charge codes.

"Great place to grow!"

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

I came through the "college recruiting" process just like most of the other employees here. I had 2 round of interviews on campus with different managers then got a call to come visit the office. The office visit is what really won me over! The Houston office is amazing! We got a chance to talk to some of the current employees over dinner and they told me what their likes/dislikes are about the company and even gave me some tips for my office interview. The next day, you have an interview with an executive of the company. I wouldn't even call it an 'interview' it was more of a conversation. The same night after my office visit, I got a call from someone in recruiting with the offer. (Very quick turnaround).

I've been here for almost a year and I am already a 'back-up' for my BL and the backup team lead. Quorum really cares about the growth of their employees!

Cons

In the beginning, it may seem like you are working long hours (50-60 p/wk). After a couple months when you get the hang of it you learn how to manage your own time. The way I look at it - more time and effort you put into something the more you will get out of it.

"Great Opportunities at growing software/consulting company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

1. Quickly obtain high levels of responsibility
    2. Merit based promotions and pay raise. Overall, competitive pay
    3. Few work politics
    4. Quorum is gaining market share in the Upstream area. Already industry leader in Land and Midstream

Cons

1. Growing company leaves areas for improvement. On the flip side, there is no large amounts of red tape or hoops to jump through to do your own job.
    2. In 2014, Quorum was overloaded with new deals. this is tough in the short term, but great in the long term

Note: many of the reviews on here seem to be from individuals who have never had experience in the real world. If you are complaining about 50 hour weeks, you should go get a government job, and not be looking to be a consultant. Company wide, the hours average to about 9 hours a day. Good luck finding anything cushier at the Big Four.

Advice to Management

1. Improve recruiting to prevent the hiring of unmotivated individuals who are afraid of being committed to their job.
    2. Be more strategic with clients to ensure long-term client relationships
    3. Focus on retention of good employees
    4. Emphasize more company culture so that young employees are able to better identify with their career

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

-Quorum is a fast growing company and thus provides a lot of opportunity for people willing to take advantage of it (especially if you're a more technically minded person)
    -The company is making a big investment in upgrading their technology stack
    -Growing in both number of clients and number of products
    -Good forward vision from executive team
    -A good open door policy where any level can be approached
    -They treat well employees that perform and provide very competitive pay

Cons

-A lot of turn-over at the lower ranks so we constantly having to deal with untrained new hires being put on projects
    -Need to provide more up to date and relevant training to new hires during month long training program
    -Going through growth growing pains (increasing amount of red-tape and management overhead)

Advice to Management

Try to keep as much of our culture as possible as the company grows and resist the temptation to create layers upon layers of management and red-tape.