Quorum Review Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Cami Gearhart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Annual reviews, Christmas bonuses, ORCA card or parking subsidy, great health benefits (in 7 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule, good training, casual work environment, great benefits and great people to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover due to employee dissatisfaction (in 6 reviews)

• If you can't bring your best effort to work every day and thrive in a fast-paced work environment, then you probably shouldn't apply (in 5 reviews)

1. "Growing company with healthy environment"

I worked at Quorum Review full-time

Pros

-Educated workforce
    -Mission/Vision/Purpose
    -Staff willingness to learn from and work with others cross-departmental
    -Employee benefits; company paid Orca Pass, Employee paid health insurance, company match 401K, generous paid time off.
    Friday socials

Cons

-Technology and equipment lagging behind growth path, but at least effort is being made to remedy. Can become an issue especially with time sensitive issues that are slowed by technology.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage input from front line staff as they see the daily workings and can provide suggestions that can be turned into process improvement.

"Pay not Worth it"

I worked at Quorum Review full-time

Pros

Free booze on Fridays; really good holiday party; good health benefits; paltry bonus

Cons

Terrible management; pay is a joke; intimidation and bullying by both employees and management is known but nothing is done about it

Advice to Management

Make an effort to keep your good people

"Unfortunate"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Quorum Review full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My supervisor was awesome! I can’t say enough great things about him. I wish he had more of a platform to make further changes for the team while I was there. He actually listened to the issues and tried to have them resolved by other teams.

ORCA Card

Health Insurance

Cons

Unprofessional management. Management acts like teenage girls. All of them are part of a clique, and if you upset one of them, you have a huge target on your back from the rest of them. The gossip I would hear about other staff (such as my own teammates) made me very uncomfortable. In fact, there has been gossip about me and whether or not I have written one of the previous glass door reviews after I left. Expect to be ignored your last two weeks by management, if you ever decide to move on to a better opportunity.

High error rate from the analysis/document generate team. My job as an AM became a daily apologizing game to my clients about errors that were made. The individuals who continue to make the errors were identified, but no additional training/support was given by their manager.

Low pay. Hopefully they have raised their prices to be more in line with industry standard.

Advice to Management

Remember what this company is about: participant safety in research. You need capable people in each department doing the job correctly in order to achieve that goal. Please address the staff members that are not doing their job correctly. They drive away the good workers.

Get feedback from your staff actually doing the job before implementing new processes and systems. Not involving the staff causes changes that do not actually benefit the workflow and actually make things more complicated and time consuming.

Focus on improving the environment at the company. The place is so toxic, I used to dread waking up every morning to go there. Not being at the Q has made me a much happier person. Get rid of that dread for your current employees.

"This place is a joke"

I worked at Quorum Review full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- ORCA card
    - Health and dental is pretty good
    - Free alcohol on Friday

Cons

- Insecure management that periodically checks Glassdooor reviews (It's not uncommon for them to have conversations where they try to guess which former employee posted what - on my second week at Quorum the CEO spoke to new hires and encouraged them to post good reviews on Glassdoor... even though I had only worked at the company for less than a month )
    - Unprofessional work environment - I cannot stress this enough, double standards, bullying, intimidation, etc.
    - Lack of overall direction, focus, and development for the company and employees
    - High turnover, the good employees don't stay long unless they are in a desperate situation
    - Ultimately is a dead-end job
    - If you don't want to wear a costume on Halloween you are encouraged to use your PTO and not show up for work that day

Advice to Management

Test things before you mandate them as the new process. There have been so many failed launches and technology 'whoopsy-daisys' while at this company- all completely avoidable. The whole company is impacted by a select few who need to learn how to plan and make educated decisions.

Management is frequently on Facebook, playing Pokemon Go, etc. but are often too busy and stressed out to answer work related questions.

Problem-solving doesn't really exist at this company, maybe change that?

Overall, good luck with everything. Life on the other side is great.

"Positive Reviews of this Company are by the Narcissistic Managers running the place"

I worked at Quorum Review full-time

Pros

The work itself is very fulfilling. The team members are very helpful and supportive.

Cons

The company management team is the worst example of self-centered, narcissistic, can-do-no-wrong, can-take-no-feedback management I have ever experienced. Imagine working for a company run by multiple Donald Trumps and that is what your experience will be. They completely devalue their employees, gossip, and back stab their people. Very few people even bother responding to the employee surveys because although they say they are "anonymous" they are not and you can see it by how they treat people who try and give feedback and help.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look in the mirror and analyze what you need to do better at. Stop devaluing your employees. Stop calling people names.

"Terrible Workplace"

I have been working at Quorum Review full-time

Pros

End of the year bonus.

Cons

I agree with the review stating in detail how the sales department will accommodate new clients, even when those accommodations don't fit within the company's SOPs. This effectively interrupts the way account managers can perform their jobs. Something I strongly disliked is that our department manager shared everyone's performance metrics in the department. I've never worked at a company where job performance was not done on a one-to-one basis. And I think a lot of people felt stressed about coming to work because of this.

Advice to Management

The CEO is nervous and passive, and the company has a poor reputation in the IRB industry. Management, please start actually valuing employees.

7. "Submissions Specialist"

Former Employee - Submissions Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Submissions Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Quorum Review full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Managers & supervisors treat employees with great respect & consideration. The CEO makes every effort to make employees feel valued & respected, through words, appreciation days & special fun events, such as "team fun" outings that each team goes on together every other month. Many opportunities to cross-train & learn as many skills and different roles as you have energy for! I learned so much here, and made many friends. This was the best job I ever had. I'd still be there if we hadn't moved out of state.

Cons

The work is fast--paced, and challenging. You need to be both fast & accurate.

Advice to Management

Please keep listening to your employees' needs. Please hold all employees to the same standards of respect for each other as you demonstrate in your behavior to each of them.

8. "I really enjoy working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Quorum Review (Less than a year)

Pros

A pleasant working environment, collaborative and fun with a great mission of protecting people and bettering patient care.

Cons

You will be busy, but it makes the days fly by.

9. "Great Environment & Opportunities to Grow"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Quorum Review full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits (free employee paid health coverage, ORCA card, etc.), opportunities to move up and grow you skill set, bosses care about their employees and the company itself.

Cons

The industry can be dull and a little tough to wrap your head around, give it time.

10. "Not bad"

I have been working at Quorum Review full-time

Pros

I can work from home sometimes, and boss is a good mentor

Cons

Fairly under developed IT department