Quotient, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Jodi Lare

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very flexible work environment and a place where you are given the opportunity to wear different hats (in 8 reviews)

• Every member of the management team is extremely approachable (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Throughout my time at Quotient I have not seen any cons (in 16 reviews)

• None really, the office is a bit cold sometimes, but other than that I haven't seen any cons to Quotient, Inc (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"New Employee Review"

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quotient has been a wonderful company starting out. Several things worth pointing out are within the overall atmosphere. Since Quotient is a small business, it allows the management team to easily help everyone get acquainted with the overall job feel. My fellow team members have been wonderful helping me get setup in my developer area. Quotient does fun and interesting things such as having a large celebration once a month for all employees with birthdays that month.
    The hiring process was wonderful and easily streamlined. All expectations were made clear throughout the entire process.
    I look forward to making a full career at Quotient by achieving the expectations placed in front of me.

Cons

Throughout my time at Quotient I have not seen any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I feel like this is a great small business to work for!

Aug 2, 2017 – CEO

Okay, I just got up off the floor. Think I passed out for a sec when I read your comment about the hiring process being "wonderful" and "streamlined." Are you sure you have the right Quotient? We... More

2. "Freakin' Love this Place"

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time

Pros

Awesome people working as a team. Great projects and clients using cool technology. Flexible work schedule and some nice perks.

Cons

Corp office is getting tight on space and the office can be a little chilly at times.

Advice to Management

thanks for hiring me.

"Modern company with open policies, good people"

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great benefits, transparent/easily accessible policies, responsive HR department, upper management that cares about employee feedback... everything you'd expect from a modern tech company! Big plus that the CEO is a very friendly guy - everyone here is. I'm very happy here.

Cons

The onboarding system is somewhat of a nightmare.

Feb 28, 2017 – CEO

Well we're happy that you're happy! If it weren't for that gosh darn nightmare onboarding system I'd bet you'd be off-the-charts happy. We need to fix that. Just so happens we're working on it nowand... More

"Challenging Work, Good Camaraderie, Growing Fast"

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Existing clients and working relationships include exciting and challenging project opportunities. Columbia office seems to have good camaraderie; easy to chat with senior management. Support for employees who would like to improve skills or liaise with external community. Management & HR have listened closely to employee needs with benefits improvements.

Cons

Working on client site means being slightly removed from perks of central office. Pace of projects and growth means communication can sometimes be disjointed; also more challenging to create time for continued professional development.

Advice to Management

Continue to elicit employee feedback, connect more with onsite/client-based employees, and consider "exchanges" at different client sites for skills development

Jan 3, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for writing and sharing your thoughts (first of the new year) with us.

We consider communication, with all team members, to be sacred. Your point is well taken. It's not easy to... More

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is full of pros. After nearly 5 years working here, I'm still excited to come to work each day. The work life balance is good. Being a small company, you may occasionally be required to work a bit extra, but the payoff is great. Most team members are generous with their knowledge, and foster a collaborative and learning environment. You have the opportunity to grow, and to bring creativity to your job. The casual dress and dog friendly environment is also a plus.

Cons

Quotient could do a better job at new employee orientation in regards to their projects and the work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, with perhaps a bit more transparency.

Dec 7, 2016 – CEO

Ruff grrr ruff ruff slurp ruff! (Thank you for your kind words)
    -Spike

"Wonderfully Employee-Oriented Company"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Quotient, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quotient does a lot to make employees feel at home, and that is clear in everything they do. Every member of the management team is extremely approachable. I had the privilege of working closely with Clark, Shirley, and Dan on a few internal projects and they are very warm-hearted, passionate people dedicated to quality and efficiency. All of my co-workers were very down-to-earth yet brilliant people. If you want some of he brightest minds, look no further. I was lucky enough to be one of the creators of what we affectionately called the "mega cube". We created a large cube that housed 4 of us, giving us more space than we would have had otherwise since the company is growing rapidly.

Dan is always willing to listen and take your ideas to heart and if you want to expand into other knowledge areas he helps facilitate growth as much as possible. In fact, the whole management team was in the process of implementing a whole program to facilitate expansion of knowledge for those who want to grow.

There are many events to increase employee morale and interaction, a fully stocked drink fridge, and the best holiday parties. I left only to return to the private sector with an amazing opportunity. Quotient is the best company I have worked for.

Cons

Sometimes a bit disorganized and communication could be improved. There were a few mishaps with communication about employees leaving but by the time I left that had improved greatly. It seems like there are more opportunities for growth in some areas versus others.

Advice to Management

Honestly, keep doing what you're doing.

Nov 16, 2016 – CEO

Thanks a ton for the kind words and for the advice on where we can improve. Listening is a lost art but Dan sure is good at it! We're all thankful for that. We sure can be a "bit disorganized" at... More

"Great company with well knowledgeable staffs"

Current Employee - Linux Administrator in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Linux Administrator in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the recruiting up to my on-boarding process, i was treated with dignity and respect.

Great benefit, competitive salary commensurate with one's experience and a sphere for career growth.

A company that values employees opinions/suggestions in every aspect.

Very flexible work environment and a place where you are given the opportunity to wear different hats.

Cons

I haven't been here too long to have any negatives about the company and i know i never will just from first impression from (Gordon) who recruited me..

Advice to Management

Keep on doing the amazing work

Nov 16, 2016 – CEO

Gordon is most everyone's first impression of Quotient. That's a HUGE reason we attract so many solid people to the company. HE-IS-THE-MAN! (full disclosure: Gordon isn't writing this.) No one... More

"Great Combination of experience and new graduates"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the dynamics, mentoring,project growth and new tools being rolled out to allow ever increasing effective inter-team and inter-discipline learning opportunities.

Cons

Progress is always a little bumpy but great pains being taken to ensure everyone is onboard with Quotient's organic growth. I feel we will do great things as our Teams grow together.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping all hands engaged!

Aug 17, 2016 – CEO

"Dynamics" - "Mentoring" - "New" - all good words to see in the "Pros" section. We won't argue with you. Kinda like the "Bumpy" in the "Cons" section as well. Feels like progress should be a... More

"Great Company with Awesome People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time

Pros

All of the people I have been involved with have been great with getting me started and have done a wonderful job at making me feel welcome.

Cons

None really, the office is a bit cold sometimes, but other than that I haven't seen any cons to Quotient, Inc.

Advice to Management

None, I definitely have not been at Quotient long enough to have any substantial input. Maybe a little more space for employees; it's a little cramped at times but the closeness seems to mostly bolster comradery.

Jul 12, 2016 – CEO

We love the headline! Thank you. Is it fair to say that we're an awesome company with great people as well? Either way it's awesomely great to read.

The tight space is an ongoing challenge, no... More

"A Great Company with a Strong Emphasis on Excellence!"

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quotient's management staff are knowledgeable and employ a hands-on approach toward career growth. The company has a welcoming culture and friendly staff members who strive to benefit both employees and clients.

Cons

The company is growing at an accelerated rate, acquiring new talent and taking on more innovative projects from clients. If there is any downside, it is the growing lack of space for new hires.

Jul 12, 2016 – CEO

Yep, we like to roll out the red carpet so to speak. It's actually an ugly off-brown color but still nice. It's great that you've had a nice experience in what sounds like your young career at... More