Quotient, Inc. Reviews

Updated Oct 30, 2019

4.7
Quotient, Inc. Founder and Board Chair Jodi Lare (no image)
Jodi Lare
Pros
  • "Quotient has been a wonderful company starting out(in 33 reviews)

• "Very flexible work environment and a place where you are given the opportunity to wear different hats(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great start. Looking forward to where this takes me."

Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Very swift communication. They make sure to keep you in touch during the hiring process, which was so appreciated after so many companies that ghost you after the initial few conversations. + Friendly atmosphere. Everyone is welcoming, and no one mocks you for not knowing things. + Opportunity for more. I feel like at every turn, you have an opportunity to not only learn new things and add them to your skill set, but also get a chance to try different things I might not be comfortable with at first. It also feel like there's a safety net, so you're not just thrown off a cliff side without any prep.

Cons

- The office is very cold. I'm always putting on extra layers indoors. - Tobacco smoke friendly place. Be careful if you're sensitive.

Quotient, Inc.2019-10-31

December 9, 2019CEO

So pleased to hear that we've communicated well throughout the process. We try, and without solid communication EVERYTHING is made more difficult. Sounds like we did okay this time around on that front.If I had a nickle for each time someone said the office is cold I'd have a lot of nickles! It is true and try as we may, building mgt can't seem to make it any warmer. I'd suggest building a small campfire to stay warm but I suppose that would be inadvisable inside an office building.The "smoke friendly" part is a little confusing. We encourage a healthy lifestyle but there are those who do make their trips outside to smoke and it does waft inside occasionally as people open the outer door. Shame on them!! :)Thanks for writing and happy holidays!

2. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, ready to help you learn and become an effective part of the team

Cons

Nothing really bad here except for the cost of living in the area.

Quotient, Inc.2019-10-30

December 9, 2019CEO

Well, we love you too and we're happy and honored that you're part of the team. It's our "good" people that attract other good people, like you. This keeps our culture strong and improving. Thanks for contributing.Wish we could do something about the cost of living. Come to think of it, the timing is perfect to ask Santa for some economic relief. I'll put it on the list!Thanks for writing.

3. "Great enviroment"

Current Employee - Project Manager-IT in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Friendly work environment * Get to work on really innovative projects with great clients *Good work/life balance *Transparency from upper management *Helpful staff you don't feel alone in the initial acclimation phase * Small company but still well equipped with resources *Opportunities to learn * Stocked kitchen *Parking isn't a hassle

Cons

It's freezing in the office.

Quotient, Inc.2019-09-25

December 9, 2019CEO

What an awesome review you have written. We'll work hard to live up to it. We've focused intently on making sure new team members have a soft landing here. We know it's difficult to start a new job and get up to speed. Having worked in DC I too appreciate not having to pay for parking or fight for a spot. Hooray for the stocked fridge in the kitchen. Nothing like a cold drink on a winter's day...........in a "freezing" office! :)Thanks so much for typing up a review. Be well/stay warm.

4. "A really great group of people to work with."

Current Employee - Functional Lead in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly work environment. (everyone is very easy to get along with) Chance to work with new and interesting technologies. Good work/life balance. (I have an infant, and the team is great about letting me adjust my work schedule to fit) Very competitive pay. LAN Parties! :) (OK, this might seem silly, but I think having fun team get together's like this says something about the company.) It's just generally a really nice place to work. I mean come on; how many companies have a catered meal brought in once a month to celebrate the birthdays for that month?

Cons

Not much that I can think of. The office is a bit cold. But that's true in many places I've worked. lol.

Quotient, Inc.2019-02-15
  5. "Great Small Company with a fun yet professional atmosphere"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Salary and Benefits, Not a High Pressure Environment, Good Help from more Experienced Development Staff, The Office Space has a fun vibe without sacrificing professionalism.

Cons

The hiring process had some back and forth with HR, but not uncommon issues. Sometimes had to provide the same information in multiple applications.

Quotient, Inc.2018-09-06

March 8, 2019CEO

Appreciate the review. I suppose after the "hiring process" nothing would seem to be high pressure. Damn HR forms!! We curse them!! Be well.

"Awesome place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small firm feel personnel wise. Large firm feel with resources. (They give you the tools to be successful) Friendly and smart staff.

Cons

Also a pro, but it is work, and you will be challenged if you care. Long hours some days, but those days fly. Not the best benefits, but they are acceptable.

Quotient, Inc.2018-05-07

March 8, 2019CEO

Okay, we can live with that. Seems like we're doing okay but could improve on a few things. We get it. We're human, always trying to do better. Specifics on the benies would be helpful. You have taken time to type letters into words to create a review and for that we are grateful.

"Contractor"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Quotient, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

More or less left alone to work however the site that hires you wants. Very little oversight from the company.

Cons

Terrible benefits, no support, and at times the company feels like it's hostile towards you

Quotient, Inc.2018-05-04

March 8, 2019CEO

Hold on a sec. No oversight but we're Hostile? Yet you give us a "Positive Outlook"? How does that work? Clearly you should change that to unpositive or dispostive (I'm not positive they're actually words). Hey, at least you took the time to write and for that, we thank you, positively!

"It really has been over 6 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

+ Variety of work and technologies to involve yourself with + Opportunities to learn + Knowledgeable team members + Flexibility + HQ office perks (free coffee, tea, soda; monthly birthday lunch)

Cons

- It's easy to forget you've worked here for more than 6 years. Has it really been 6 already? - You find yourself thinking about work when you're on vacation, even when you don't need to, because you want things to go well for everyone you work with.

Quotient, Inc.2018-02-26

March 20, 2018CEO

Six years? Really? Those aren't dog years are they? Thank you for helping us make Quotient the company it has become. All that is good about us is attributable to our team. We're very lucky in that regard. BTW - When I'm at work I think about vacation! :-) Thanks for taking the time to type words.

"Freakin' Love this Place"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time

Pros

Awesome people working as a team. Great projects and clients using cool technology. Flexible work schedule and some nice perks.

Cons

Corp office is getting tight on space and the office can be a little chilly at times.

Quotient, Inc.2017-10-27

"New Employee Review"

Current Employee - Junior Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quotient has been a wonderful company starting out. Several things worth pointing out are within the overall atmosphere. Since Quotient is a small business, it allows the management team to easily help everyone get acquainted with the overall job feel. My fellow team members have been wonderful helping me get setup in my developer area. Quotient does fun and interesting things such as having a large celebration once a month for all employees with birthdays that month. The hiring process was wonderful and easily streamlined. All expectations were made clear throughout the entire process. I look forward to making a full career at Quotient by achieving the expectations placed in front of me.

Cons

Throughout my time at Quotient I have not seen any cons.

Quotient, Inc.2017-07-13

August 2, 2017CEO

Okay, I just got up off the floor. Think I passed out for a sec when I read your comment about the hiring process being "wonderful" and "streamlined." Are you sure you have the right Quotient? We tried to make it less burdensome while maintaining compliance. Maybe we've nailed it. Thanks for noticing. BTW - If it's all the same to you, we'd like to consider this a "New Teammate Review." Great to have you on the team! PEACE!!

Found 80 reviews