Quotient, Inc. Reviews

Updated Dec 9, 2020

4.8
Quotient, Inc. Founder and Board Chair Jodi Lare (no image)
Jodi Lare
Pros
  • "Very flexible work environment and a place where you are given the opportunity to wear different hats(in 10 reviews)

• "Since Quotient is a small business, it allows the management team to easily help everyone get acquainted with the overall job feel(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Throughout my time at Quotient I have not seen any cons(in 14 reviews)

• "come to mind(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 9, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Quotient during the Pandemic. At the beginning I was worried about working remotely for a new project at a new company. It turned out my worry was unnecessary, it has been a great experience so far. At Quotient: 1) Everything is very fast and efficient, from obtaining my work laptop to getting access to resources. 2) People who I work with or have contacted are all knowledgeable, friendly. 3) All meetings are efficient and effective, no long, boring, useless meetings. 4) quotient uses modern software like Silicon Valley startups.

Cons

So far there is none.

CEO

So kind of you to take the time to write. We appreciate your feedback. Couldn't agree more on point 3. I suppose I could stomach a long meeting, here and there, and a boring meeting, every once in a while, but a long AND boring meeting? No thank you. I'd rather chew on tinfoil or eat a saw dust sandwich or try and put toothpaste back in the tube or, well, you get the idea. Be well. Cheers!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I finally enjoy coming to work!

Dec 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment, great work-life-balance, overall a great company to work for!

Cons

There are no cons I have experienced.

CEO

No sooner did you finally enjoy coming to work then BAM!, remote work is the order of the day. We really appreciate the positive vibes. However, there has to be at least one Con, no? Let me help you out. I'll offer up a few I've heard more than once: -The office is freezing. (that's a popular one) -There are too many different iced tea flavors in the company fridge. (my personal favorite) -Too much free food in the kitchen. (can't deny that one) -Company president is funny. (not really a con) There's plenty more if none of those work. Thank you for making us a better company! Buonasera!

3. 5.0

Glad I found this company

Dec 9, 2020 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly professional and collegial atmosphere. Knowledgable staff.

Cons

Working through the quarantine is still a challenge even as people have gotten used it to more.

CEO

Super great of you to write. We like to hear that we're "collegial" and "knowledgeable" but "Highly professional" ? Wow! To quote the greatest movie ever made - "We're not worthy. We're not worthy." We'll have to do something about that. :) We're shooting for somewhat professional or occasionally professional, even moderately professional. Seriously, thanks for the compliment and thanks for taking the time to type letters into words. Much appreciated. Cheers!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great start. Looking forward to where this takes me.

Oct 30, 2019 - Web Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Very swift communication. They make sure to keep you in touch during the hiring process, which was so appreciated after so many companies that ghost you after the initial few conversations. + Friendly atmosphere. Everyone is welcoming, and no one mocks you for not knowing things. + Opportunity for more. I feel like at every turn, you have an opportunity to not only learn new things and add them to your skill set, but also get a chance to try different things I might not be comfortable with at first. It also feel like there's a safety net, so you're not just thrown off a cliff side without any prep.

Cons

- The office is very cold. I'm always putting on extra layers indoors. - Tobacco smoke friendly place. Be careful if you're sensitive.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

So pleased to hear that we've communicated well throughout the process. We try, and without solid communication EVERYTHING is made more difficult. Sounds like we did okay this time around on that front.If I had a nickle for each time someone said the office is cold I'd have a lot of nickles! It is true and try as we may, building mgt can't seem to make it any warmer. I'd suggest building a small campfire to stay warm but I suppose that would be inadvisable inside an office building.The "smoke friendly" part is a little confusing. We encourage a healthy lifestyle but there are those who do make their trips outside to smoke and it does waft inside occasionally as people open the outer door. Shame on them!! :)Thanks for writing and happy holidays!

5. 5.0

Great enviroment

Sep 25, 2019 - Project Manager-IT in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Friendly work environment * Get to work on really innovative projects with great clients *Good work/life balance *Transparency from upper management *Helpful staff you don't feel alone in the initial acclimation phase * Small company but still well equipped with resources *Opportunities to learn * Stocked kitchen *Parking isn't a hassle

Cons

It's freezing in the office.

CEO

What an awesome review you have written. We'll work hard to live up to it. We've focused intently on making sure new team members have a soft landing here. We know it's difficult to start a new job and get up to speed. Having worked in DC I too appreciate not having to pay for parking or fight for a spot. Hooray for the stocked fridge in the kitchen. Nothing like a cold drink on a winter's day...........in a "freezing" office! :)Thanks so much for typing up a review. Be well/stay warm.

6. 5.0

Love it!

Oct 30, 2019 - Junior Software Developer in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, ready to help you learn and become an effective part of the team

Cons

Nothing really bad here except for the cost of living in the area.

CEO

Well, we love you too and we're happy and honored that you're part of the team. It's our "good" people that attract other good people, like you. This keeps our culture strong and improving. Thanks for contributing.Wish we could do something about the cost of living. Come to think of it, the timing is perfect to ask Santa for some economic relief. I'll put it on the list!Thanks for writing.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really great group of people to work with.

Feb 15, 2019 - Functional Lead in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly work environment. (everyone is very easy to get along with) Chance to work with new and interesting technologies. Good work/life balance. (I have an infant, and the team is great about letting me adjust my work schedule to fit) Very competitive pay. LAN Parties! :) (OK, this might seem silly, but I think having fun team get together's like this says something about the company.) It's just generally a really nice place to work. I mean come on; how many companies have a catered meal brought in once a month to celebrate the birthdays for that month?

Cons

Not much that I can think of. The office is a bit cold. But that's true in many places I've worked. lol.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great employer and interesting projects and services that they provide. Small company feel.

May 22, 2014 - Developer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have a little bit of a different experience than the typical contractor. I work on projects that allow for the work to be done at HQ instead of the typical contractor that works at the client site. My personal experience has been great. I've had a hand in many different clients and projects and as a web developer I'm able to grow and learn more based on the variety of projects. Depends on what you're really assigned but you can be creating a module in Drupal for one project and doing a full migration into another CMS for another. For someone that likes more of the freelance personal atmosphere dealing with clients, I like this environment a lot. I feel that I have plenty of opportunities to be the face of the project and have that interaction with the client. And it doesn't go unnoticed when you're able to complete certain milestones in projects.

Cons

It can be a little fast paced, really just depends on the project and client you have. But people that thrive here are able to adapt project to project (not one is the same) and know how to accurately balance their work load. Communication is also a key, you sometimes need to speak up instead of waiting for someone to reach out to you.

9 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderfully Employee-Oriented Company

Sep 7, 2016 - Web Developer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quotient does a lot to make employees feel at home, and that is clear in everything they do. Every member of the management team is extremely approachable. I had the privilege of working closely with Clark, Shirley, and Dan on a few internal projects and they are very warm-hearted, passionate people dedicated to quality and efficiency. All of my co-workers were very down-to-earth yet brilliant people. If you want some of he brightest minds, look no further. I was lucky enough to be one of the creators of what we affectionately called the "mega cube". We created a large cube that housed 4 of us, giving us more space than we would have had otherwise since the company is growing rapidly. Dan is always willing to listen and take your ideas to heart and if you want to expand into other knowledge areas he helps facilitate growth as much as possible. In fact, the whole management team was in the process of implementing a whole program to facilitate expansion of knowledge for those who want to grow. There are many events to increase employee morale and interaction, a fully stocked drink fridge, and the best holiday parties. I left only to return to the private sector with an amazing opportunity. Quotient is the best company I have worked for.

Cons

Sometimes a bit disorganized and communication could be improved. There were a few mishaps with communication about employees leaving but by the time I left that had improved greatly. It seems like there are more opportunities for growth in some areas versus others.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks a ton for the kind words and for the advice on where we can improve. Listening is a lost art but Dan sure is good at it! We're all thankful for that. We sure can be a "bit disorganized" at times but strangely we kinda like it that way. Like a tiny dash of cayenne pepper in a big pot of chili it makes things a little more interesting, Much thanks for writing.

10. 5.0

Great Small Company with a fun yet professional atmosphere

Sep 6, 2018 - Web Developer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary and Benefits, Not a High Pressure Environment, Good Help from more Experienced Development Staff, The Office Space has a fun vibe without sacrificing professionalism.

Cons

The hiring process had some back and forth with HR, but not uncommon issues. Sometimes had to provide the same information in multiple applications.

CEO

Appreciate the review. I suppose after the "hiring process" nothing would seem to be high pressure. Damn HR forms!! We curse them!! Be well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews