Cover image for Quotix

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 2 of over 2 reviews

5.0
Quotix CEO Evgeny Sorokin (no image)
Evgeny Sorokin
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

453.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Quotix~980494
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best process that I worked in.

Jul 6, 2015 - Senior Software Engineer
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

The main pros are manager and process. From the first time I met Evgeny I understood that he is a sensible man. During the time I was working in one team with him I was assured that this fact was unmistakable. Evgeny not only has an idea what to do, but he can clearly explain the pros and cons of that idea. He was my boss when we were developing the liquidity aggregation engine for forex broker companies, and I'm very happy that I could work in a such good structured process of software developing that Evgeny had built. He is great in dealing with difficult situations and a fantastic problem solver.

Cons

I worked not so long, so I did not notice any significant cons of Quotix as employer. Maybe only provided lanches could be more diverse.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Nice place for java developers

Aug 8, 2015 - Senior Java Developer in Ayios Athanasios
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

That's the most agile company I've ever worked for. Week long development iterations, good amount of automated tests. Almost all units of work that come into development have acceptance tests specified for them. Most of the code is written in TDD style, so refactorings are a breeze and encouraged most of the time. Even though dev team is small, pair-programming is used for mission-critical code. From a technical viewpoint the system that java devs work on is structured properly, business-components are cleanly separated from each other and infrastructural code. Technology stack is stable and 95% of code is plain Java classes assembled together with Spring. SOLID principles of OOP are used in architecture and design. About 10% of developers time is devoted to paying off technical debt. Office is an openspace where devs, testers, support and ops people are all located. So you can expect a lot of interactions with other teams in the company. Product owner and customer representatives are always available if deves need them. Lunch is provided in the office, gym is available, there are even some company pets that live in office and nearby.

Cons

Unfortunately high agility comes at a cost. Some shortcuts are done here and there to fit feature into an iteration. And week long iterations do not leave much time to pay off technical debt that has already accumulated in system. System is quite big and dev team is too small to keep an eye on all parts of it, as a result some parts of code were not touched in 4 years. Some libs that are used in development are also old and there is no way to upgrade them in next months/years. Another issue that is related to agility is that if activity does not bring value to a customer - you can not do that in scope of iteration. So a lot things that should've been done to shorten development time of features are just skipped as non-important. Stability of technology stack means that if you're already know all the frameworks and libs that are used in system - you will not learn anything new, since only time to do experiments with new technologies is the 10% time that you'd rather spend on technical debt. Office is located far from city and you can not use any public transportation to get to work. Also some developers think that open space is too noisy, but I do not think that it is an issue.

1 person found this review helpful