Rêv Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

"Good place to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-People are bright and easy to work with.
    -Nice office with good location.
    -A great place to learn and develop new skills.

Cons

-Projects can at times have heavy external dependancies, so the pace of certain projects can get slow at times.
    -It’s common for people to wear more than one hat.

Advice to Management

-Focus on simplifying the way the company operates.
    -Empower and trust the people on your team. Listen and help guide them to make good decisions.
    -Work with your teams, determine issues and remove blockers. Make sure your orgs are aligned correctly.

"Part of the new team, so far so good... And more to come!"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Market opportunity is great
    - Product still leading industry, needs improvement but it's getting better
    - New team and new energy!

Cons

- Fast paced, multiple-hat wearing startup environment, challenging sometimes

Advice to Management

Learn the lessons from the past, iIgnore negative energy from former employees / management team and look at the future. Focus on your partners and keep having innovation as priority for new products and partenrs

"BEEN HERE A WHILE & LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE"

Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Products are innovative and well regarded in the market.
    - Great opportunities for personal success and growth.

Cons

- If you don’t have payments experience, it can be difficult to ramp up.

Advice to Management

- Keep innovating
    - Stay focused

"A Lot of Runway Ahead!"

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time

Pros

-Re-focussed strategy
    -Company has a win-win mindset when dealing with its current customers as well as how the company is approaching new business opportunities
    -Organizational right sizing
    -Recruited some highly talented executives to innovate the product and upgrade the platform

Cons

Not a lot to comment here as the ship has been righted; it just takes time to get the new culture embedded.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and have a ruthless focus on executing the programs very quickly. Appropriately phase in the many opportunities that are in the pipeline.

"Lost Potential"

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

There's no longer a good reason to work for Rev. The business is on a dramatic slide down.

Cons

The exec team that built the business over the last 2 or 3 years all left, both in Austin and internationally. The remaining management are clueless.

Advice to Management

Any hope to save Rev will require the board remove both Sosa brothers from any influential role. Yobie B is a puppet. Roy Sosa still runs the show from the shadows.

"Rev Worldwide- Lean, Agile, and Focused....Great time to Join as team is revamped!"

Former Employee - Entrepreneur and Stakeholder in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Entrepreneur and Stakeholder in Austin, TX

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rev Worldwide has been an exciting place to work at over the years, in particular given the enormous feat it has undertaken in establishing a payments processing platform that supports programs across at least 6 continents. There are many wonderful employees that have exerted so much dedication to understand the markets, regulatory compliance, methods of doing business in each region, and optimal execution of programs. Over the years there were many lessons learned, and the good news is that the company is now lean and agile. Many very dedicated employees continue to forge ahead towards the implementation of innovative programs despite the challenges that have come their way. If there were ever an exciting time to join the company, it is now.

Cons

Rev Worldwide tried to do too much with limited resources in the past. However, it's great to see the company focus on growing those programs that have hit the home runs and that look like true winners.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep focused and apply the lessons learned from prior years. The enormous effort undertaken in establishing a footprint across many regions is a key asset to the company given all of the insights into the business culture and market feasibility within each country. Bring in employees that truly believe in the vision, and march on!

"Across the board exits of senior management after former CEO back in control"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Austin, TX

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time

Pros

The company told an attractive story - a "double bottom line" focusing on social impact as much as financial bottom line; a mission to empower the poorest by reducing exorbitant fees charged by prepaid instrument issuers; and a focus on mobile payments.

Cons

Flawed execution and founders' immaturity messed up the execution of these ideals. Firstly, it was soon apparent that the 'social impact' agenda was just PR, which was dropped as soon as the primary driver - the Chief of Staff - left the company. The mission of serving the poor was never addressed, instead focusing on easy pickings like travel programs. The founders bought in serious funding, but paid themselves $m salaries (for a pre-revenue startup). They traveled the world first class, when salaries were seriously delayed.

The investors took action when they discovered the CEO's tendency to creatively interpret data, and promoted the CEO of Rev Europe to run the company. John Mitchell was doing a good job bringing about transparency and turning around operations, when the former CEO regained board control, had John sacked and had took over by proxy.

Since then, all senior management executives have quit. Rev has started shutting down existing programs and is scaling back to US and NZ programs only.

Advice to Management

Since my opinion is that the current management _is_ the problem, there's no advise I can give them.

Rêv Worldwide Response

Aug 17, 2015 – COO

The company and its current management is focused on growing the current business and shutting down unprofitable efforts while evolving the product mix to help diversify its mix of revenue sources ... More

"Great outlook from where I sit"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Front End Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a nice mix of green-field product development, legacy maintenance, and internal development projects so there's always some enjoyable variety in what I'm up to day-to-day. Work-life balance is good for me, as 40-45ish hours a week is the norm. For some special cases (once or twice) I've worked longer hours but that was to deliver a demo for a very important source of business, which succeeded and was worth the effort in my mind.

I'm most familiar with the other members of our engineering team, but everyone in the company seems like they are capable and good folks to work with. Our engineering team is very solid and I have a lot of respect for our technical leadership. The other members of management are similarly capable and pleasant to work with.

Finally, the future of the company seems pretty solid with upcoming business and the management team has taken a significant effort to ensure that I will share in the firm's success when they didn't really have to, so I'm appreciative for that.

Cons

I don't really have much to complain about, other than we are in the process of improving processes and some internal delivery issues from years past. Still, I feel like that should be a continuous refinement practice so there's no getting away from this sort of business introspection and spending some time on administrative activities. It's more about instituting best-practices in every single aspect of what we do, which I personally appreciate.

There was some small measure of general internal chaos when I started and some significant turnover for a bit, but that was an issue at the beginning of my employment and since then things have been smooth. I feel like I need to be honest about what I saw when I started, but the things I would change have been changing for the better and are good now.

Advice to Management

Nothing here either, really. The future looks pretty good for the company's financial outlook and a solid pipeline of upcoming initiatives. As long as we are focused on delivery and follow-through, I can see only a huge amount of success ahead.

"Promising Start-up has turned itself around with new upper-management, offers great career opportunities and ownership"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great Senior Engineering Team
    -Great (New) Upper Management Team
    -Excellent Downtown Location on top floor of modern office building, with nice views.
    -Good benefits packages.
    -Many opportunities for career development and growth.
    -Opportunity for stock options / other incentives

Cons

-Financial Industry is heavily regulated, sometimes stunts progress on projects
    -Sometimes long hours are required during big push to finish up projects

"Compelling vision hampered by stuttering leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The original vision of bringing financial access to underserved markets is compelling.

Cons

Unfortunately, underserved markets don't make much money, so the company focused on more profitable market segments like international travelers. With the social angle largely missing, the working experience really suffers, especially since the company's efforts were spread too thin to make a big dent on one project.