R&R Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2019

4.0
R&R Partners CEO Billy Vassiliadis
Billy Vassiliadis

"Laid back culture, unqualified and sneaky middle management"

Former Employee - Creative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at R&R Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back culture and the ability to drink at work, along with cool parties. Some really cool, really nice people.

Cons

Low pay. While the culture is good, the values are lacking. After I was hired, there was a bait and switch. The work that I was hired to do, was not the work that was sold to me in the interview. I had a bully for a manager, who favored friends he had hired and was a compulsive lier. Even though I was more than qualified, I was blocked and undermined by someone who had never had a real job before working at... R&R. This person was hired, due to being a diploma mill alumni. My creative experience and background accounted for nothing and I was constantly being blocked by inexperienced team members, who were afraid that I would get in the way of their promotional chances. Our team had a chance to show our past work to the leadership, and mine was deliberately omitted for obvious reasons. My fellow co-workers lied and downplayed my abilities and skills to senior management. It was only when I started to submit complaints to HR, that senior management started to pay attention, however these people were still allowed to play their games, cause problems, work on personal projects and basically undermine others. They were never punished for it and a few were even promoted. Senior management did nothing about conflicts of interest, when it came to romantic relationships between employees who worked together. Lazy, troublemakers were allowed to do whatever they wanted, including working on personal projects, whilst others did all the client work. These people were allowed to poison the environment and undermine others on the team. Senior management was clueless, because middle management lied and made out everything was ok. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I know the talent pool in Vegas is limited, but seriously!!!

Advice to Management

Take a real, real close look at your middle management. Introduce a culture of fairness and equality, and then hold people accountable if they don't live it. Stop coddling the trouble makers, who do little in the way of work, but get the breaks and promotions, because they complain loud enough and play the political games. Stop promoting lazy, unqualified bullies, because they act the fool, hug the CEO and crave... attention all the time. You have no idea how much damage can be done to morale and to peoples mental health, by those who play dirty, bully and deliberately undermine others.

R&R Partners2018-09-11
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at R&R Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are amazing, the people are family, the opportunities are endless and they take care of you. No micromanaging. Can bring your dog to work.

Cons

Onboarding is a little shaky. There's no full overview of the company.

Advice to Management

Provide a more detailed intro to the company when onboarding.

R&R Partners2018-08-24

"Great place to work, with opportunity to grow."

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at R&R Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Enjoyed my time at R&R. Appreciate the management for believing in me and giving me so many opportunities to grow.

Cons

It was a great place to work, and I have no cons.

R&R Partners2018-07-27

"Great Culture, Poor Pay"

I have been working at R&R Partners full-time

Pros

What is there to say about this company other than it is an example of great corporate culture.

Cons

As most companies the pay can be better. Especially for dedicated employees.

R&R Partners2018-06-20
  5. "Experiential Designer"

I have been working at R&R Partners full-time

Pros

Strong emphasis on new innovation Growth and purpose driven company Liberal company that openly embraces female empowerment and LGTBQ People & Culture & CEO truly care about employee happiness Ability to work remotely part of the time which helps when there are longer weeks Work/life balance is fair to good. You can have a personal life, which is unusual for agency life.

Cons

Some of the departments are cliquey Decision making sometimes takes too long

Advice to Management

Focus on holding some of the people who don't pull their weight more accountable. Limit POD size to maximize efficiency.

R&R Partners2018-04-04

"Great focus on the employee and work/life balance!"

I have been working at R&R Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture where people live and breathe core values! Great work has been created here on cool accounts and even more exciting work is on the horizon. R&R has really heard what their employees want and did what is in their power to implement and offer those things to their people. Very intelligent, forward-thinking, innovative people work here.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees, offer career paths and and

R&R Partners2018-02-08

"Great employee benefits, learned a lot"

I worked at R&R Partners full-time

Pros

-Parties -Great benefits -Early close during the summer

Cons

-Cliquey -Stagnation due to long-standing client relationships -Suppression of innovation if you don't fit the right personality type -More about "who you know" that your contributions

R&R Partners2018-02-07

"Good Place for Short Term"

Current Employee - Media Planne/Buyer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at R&R Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Work on big accounts - Traveling spending budget better than big corporations - Opportunities for training during work hours

Cons

- 401k is a terrible deal, unless you there for long term (min 6 years to get full employer match) - Difficult to get raises - Hour standards vary on departments

Advice to Management

- Get a better 401k plan - Offer better training to new employees (better on boarding) - Offer better growth opportunities across offices, not just Vegas (Headquarters)

R&R Partners2018-01-25

"In disarray - hopefully they will find a fix."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at R&R Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for the company for over 5 years and really enjoyed my job and role, until 2017 hit ( see Cons for more on that). Office is nice, coworkers were amazing (until they all quit). Opportunity to work on larger/national accounts, depending on what team you work on.

Cons

The leadership did a “re-org” which left a lot of confusion and the CEO said “if you don’t like it, leave” (which is fine, and ultimately true with any company), but basically everyone with any vision, leadership or quality did end up leaving - every week since May there have been 2+ departures of Directors, VP’s, C-Suite, etc and they were never replaced. Another review said they hire Flavors of the Month to save... the agency and then they’re gone in under 12 months and that is spot on. They now lead with fear, negativity and have a mentality of how many hours your butt is in the seat equates to how hard you work. I would have stayed if 2017 hadn’t happened to R&R but I became unsure of where this agency was heading, and that feeling seemed to be echoed by the leadership. It’s a bummer...

Advice to Management

Be transparent. Stop looking outside the company to ‘fix’ whatever you think is wrong. Pay attention to the other offices you have and understand there is a world (a big one) outside of Las Vegas. Value and trust your employees (and Billy, listen to your executive team instead of just doing what you think is right). Don’t take everything personally. Stop taking constant surveys asking employees if they are happy... (they aren’t) and tell us what you are doing to FIX it.

R&R Partners2017-11-25

"Working here made me change my career"

I worked at R&R Partners full-time

Pros

Probably some interesting political opportunities.

Cons

After 15 years in the ad biz and experience at many other shops that were supposedly “sweat shops”, I started working at R&R. Other places I’d been at including CP+B were like a vacation compared to R&R. There was absolutely no work life balance there. You spend your entire day in meetings, unable to get anything done, and then you are working late into the night as a result. The lack of process makes it almost... impossible to get anything done. Truly the worst job I’ve ever had.

Advice to Management

Take a look at how other agencies operate, because they’re doing it a lot better than you.

R&R Partners2017-12-08