RAB Lighting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Ross Barna

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing Company with a View To The Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northvale, NJ

I have been working at RAB Lighting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RAB is a great place to work, whether you're just starting out, or well into your career. Great growth, with lots of potential for more, with offices and facilities throughout the country. Friendly work atmosphere, with good mix of people - some new, and others who have been with the company for many years. Excellent benefits.

Cons

No voicemail. Understand why, but it would still be a beneficial addition.

2. "Great culture"

I have been working at RAB Lighting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people and good life work balance.

Cons

None that I can find.

3. "Growing company with typical pains"

I worked at RAB Lighting full-time

Pros

The company is still growing at a healthy rate. You have access to a great deal of resources. Benefits and compensation are good as well. The company in general is very supportive and as long as you can justify your needs there are no issues getting the tools you need.

Cons

There is a very toxic culture within the Warehousing and manufacturing departments. There was a recent shift in the upper management of both departments and while manufacturing is moving in the right direction. The warehouse however is faltering severely. Department direction is very scattered with no focus on fixing issues in a structured manner. And the recent restructuring that occurred has only made things worse. Often you'll find that a project you were told to work on the day prior now has to take a back seat to something new that has come up. Leadership and support are non existent here.

Advice to Management

Support your people as much as possible. Company growth is great but talent will leave quickly if the environment is not healthy. Try and coach management personnel that might not yet be ready to be in the positions they hold.

4. "Assistant Lighting Designer"

Current Employee - Assistant Lighting Designer in Northvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Lighting Designer in Northvale, NJ

I have been working at RAB Lighting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone works towards one goal.

Cons

Lunches are aweful, inter department communication is very new.

5. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at RAB Lighting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seamless allowance of $20 per day. Friendly work environment filled with smart people. Stocked kitchen with snacks etc. Freedom in the tech stack, solve problems however you feel is best, with whatever tools you feel are best for the job. Opportunities to try interesting new things on the clock.

Cons

Not a technology company, and that is apparent at times with the lack of focus on using latest best practices or the hottest tech stack.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on technology moving forward, the core of the company relies on a heavily outdated ERP system that should eventually be phased out.

RAB Lighting Response

Oct 19, 2016 – CHRO

Thank you for your enthusiastic review! We take pride in our friendly and creative work environment and it’s good to see that it’s being appreciated. While some of our systems are mature, they are... More

6. "warehouse"

I worked at RAB Lighting full-time

Pros

Union benefits, training on the job, work hours full time hours a week. stable employment and work for able bodies and low level educated individuals.

Cons

Culture creates various environments mostly socially negative. Training and resources are sufficient. The derogatory and sexual culture among low-level and mid-management makes compensation worth alot less

RAB Lighting Response

Oct 7, 2016 – CHRO

Glad to hear your positives and we agree. On negatives, we are concerned about your comments and are investigating them. We are serious about providing a positive work environment for our people... More

7. "Manufacturing"

Former Employee - Jack of All Trades in Fitchburg, MA
    Former Employee - Jack of All Trades in Fitchburg, MA

I worked at RAB Lighting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge of how they perform procedures on and with products tools and equipment

Cons

No sitting while working

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Northvale, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Northvale, NJ

I worked at RAB Lighting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

RAB is a very fast growing lighting company with a lot of opportunities for employees to grow professionally and personally. The company encourages and financially supports its employees on professional development, ie. Company pays for CPIM, CSCP, LC classes and exams, PDMs …..The young CEO with sharp vision about the LED lighting market and the outstanding new product development team strike to develop innovative products and push to the market quickly. The upscale Northvale headquarters is recently renovated. Employees enjoy free healthy lunch and organic fruits, flexible work hours, generous benefits, corroborated environment, a lot of smart and young people/a lot of RAB babies, good future :)

Cons

The company is experiencing some growing pain. Constantly train new employees, May lack of parking space when there are visitors.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage and empower employees in decision making.

"Great company not too good management."

Current Employee - Quality in Northvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Quality in Northvale, NJ

Pros

Good benefits, people a friendly and lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

Way too much bosses, there more bosses than employees! I saw a few people get fired for very silly reasons. If u do something really wrong yes u deserve to be fired, but for minor stuff they don't need to. There is new employees everyday, because people actually gets fired all the time, then the have to go train new hires again from the agency over and over. Lot's of people from the agency just stays for a couple months and the quit.

Advice to Management

The problem what I can see is that people I know work there for more than 5 years, and new hired who came for just one week making more money than them. It's kinda hard because we don't really have anyone to tell, some one step up and ask my supervisor before, he was like no that's a lie! How it's gonna be a lie when I saw so many new hired paychecks! I think alot of things happening there right now which most of the employees are not satisfied with, but we can't say or do anything about it because our voice never gets heard. I think the CEO Mr. Ross if he do finds out about what's going on, he will definitely not be happy, I think he really really needs to go undercover and find out what's going on. There is so much more to say! I'm just a normal working in the factory.

"Thumbs Up"

I have been working at RAB Lighting full-time

Pros

I've been working at RAB for a while now and this place is a great learning and growing opportunity. The company is headed into the right direction especially with new ideas and culture to improve our drive in the market. The company is in a nice neighborhood, free healthy lunch, and the best benefit package I heard of so far. There are a lot of friendly people as well and RAB is a good place to grow into.

Cons

Because we are constantly growing, there are growing pains along the way. The facilities are currently over packed but its something to deal with until more facilities are acquired and built. Of course there should be more parking and bathrooms. you have 2 toilet stalls shared with 100 people. As for the negative reviews left listed below me, I do know which ex-employee wrote that and most of them are pretty bogus and false is because they don't know how to work together.

Advice to Management

Continue to take accountability.