RAIT Financial Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Scott F. Schaeffer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great company for anyone in every position!"

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sense of belonging, advancement opportunities, good benefits, constantly trying new solutions, good leadership

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say

Advice to Management

Streamline corporate job duties to help expedite getting things done at the site level without having to seek approvals from so many participants.

2. "Horrible, experience. I was laid off & never given a reason. I've had absolutely no luck in getting my last paycheck."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Sandy Springs, GA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Sandy Springs, GA

I worked at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the property I worked at. The residents were great. Management was lazy and horrible.

Cons

I tried working with property management and corporate with no luck. They found a loop hole instead of paying me for the hard work I did for the company. I have a family and suffer from PTSD and they refuse to pay me my last check.

Advice to Management

Do what's right and pay people for the hard work they do for you. I made you almost$20000.00 in my last month there and its sad you refuse to pay me my last check of $1600.00.

3. "Great Atmosphere"

Pros

Great place to work and a lot of outlets to help you.

Cons

Salary employees work very long hours in order to complete everything expected.

"Cliquey Culture/Glass Ceiling"

Former Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work if you one of the "made guys" that knows the owner.

Cons

As a whole, not a particularly talented group. RAIT was spun off from Resource America. Resource basically stuck their laggard employees at RAIT. The senior level managers all know the owner. They are referred to as the "made guys." As a result, the office is very cliquey. They hire their friends and relatives and bring them into the made guy fold. The made guys will make ZERO effort to speak to you or get to know you. If you are not a made guy you will be treated like a serf. The conduct of some senior level managers goes unchecked. Some managers bully their employees, and keep them on defense at all times. They bad mouth former employees.

Advice to Management

Maybe start hiring and promoting based on merit? I know, an abstract thought...

"Think of Employees Needs"

I have been working at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most holidays are given to employees

Cons

Lack of communication; diversity and oppostunity. executive team isn't interested in building solid teams

Advice to Management

Listen and recognize your employees

"BEWARE!!"

I worked at RAIT Financial Trust full-time

Pros

Nothing! Nothing! Not a thing!!!

Cons

Offered me a job and I gave my 2 week notice at former employer. The day I am going to start the recruiter calls me and they pull offer back. So now I have no Job and No income!! This is really a great place! I won't mention names to who pulled this off but just stay away!!

Advice to Management

Act like a professional Company and don't pull this CRAP!!

7. "Entry level analyst in the rotational program"

Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, reasonable hours, great benefits. If you work decently hard, you can get all your work done between 8:30 and 6.

Cons

Lower end entry level salary. The analyst program is highly beneficial and you will learn a lot, but it is disorganized, and you might not know when you will switch departments.

Advice to Management

Make the program more organized by mapping it out for the analysts. Clear timelines and goals would be beneficial for all parties.

"Treats employees like disposable pawns."

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Memphis, TN

I worked at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing comes to mind. When you first get hired, it might seem like a decent company, but after about a month or two it will become very apparent that they are incompetent and overly demanding.

Cons

Shady business practices that led to a multi-million dollar FEC settlement. Upper management seems to not be on the same page with each other. One person will tell you one thing, then another person will come along with something completely different. They have recently acquired an outrageous number of residential properties, which is causing a lot of problems associated with expanding too quickly. Many of the properties had problems during the acquisition that falls on the corporate management teams, but they have fired the on-site teams instead of realizing that it is a systematic failure at the corporate level. When they acquired properties in Little Rock, they fired the whole staff without even interviewing them or telling them that they would not be hired. The previous ownership said that it was some of their best employees, yet RAIT decided to let them find out they would not be hired from the mouth of their replacements.

Advice to Management

Slow down, get it together, realize that your employees are what makes you strong and not the other way around.

"One of The Best Places to Work!"

Former Employee - Underwriting in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Underwriting in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very family oriented friendly people. Very Mom-friendly in terms of schedule flexibility. Great work-life balance. Lots of perks. I found it very impressive with how senior management was able to manage this firm quite well through a tough financial market. have nothing but optimistic outlook on the future of this company. Very inspiring group of people. Encouraging work environment.

Cons

The company is pretty small therefore it's very hard to move up. Career-wise you'll start to feel stuck after a few years. Much office politics, very male dominated culture. There are absolutely no women in senior level positions at this company.

"Good life/work balance."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Phila, PA

I have been working at RAIT Financial Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly staff and family oriented; good work/life balance

Cons

A lot of employees have been here for years and act like a tight group. Being new can sometimes feel uncomfortable because everyone knows everyone except you and you may sometimes feel like you're intruding on their time together because they are so close

Advice to Management

Be more open to letting people in