RANDYS Worldwide Automotive Reviews

• Part-time
2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Kaestner

Pros
  • It is fast paced and everyone expects improvements which is great (in 4 reviews)

• Great People Throughout the Whole Company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • He trys to lead by fear, and doesn't possess fair and just business management skills (in 3 reviews)

• High turnover is just in 2 roles; that being said, there are numerous people that have been here many many years (in 4 reviews)

"It’s not for everyone"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

You can read all the negative reviews, but to be honest most of these people that were let go oversold themselves. Randy’s isn’t for the meek or timid. We work hard, fast, and expect results. I for one, find this to be the best job I’ve ever had. There are no pay check collectors here, everyone pulls their own weight. I’ve spent years at other companies that protect their weak link employees and ask everyone to pick up their slack. I applaud the management at Randy’s for keeping it lean and cutting out the weak links. What you are left with are staff of hard working employees that are dedicated to the mission. I love what I do, I appreciate the team that I work with, and I’m challenged every day.

Cons

It’s a growing company. You’re going to have growing pains. There’s not going to be a work instruction for every function of your job. And if you need your hand held through your entire job, you won’t get that here.

Advice to Management

Communicate more often where you’re taking us. If we’re to stay on board, we should at least know where we’re going.

"Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Everett, WA

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers. MOST of the sales team is a fun group to work with. And bagels or donuts on Fridays.

Cons

The management is horrible. They will tell you what you want to hear and then turn around and stab you in the back. I thought that things would change after Randy sold the company, but no. The management is still the same and they run the place like a dictatorship. You will go to work everyday fearing that it is your last. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the pain. This company is horrible and not worth it.

Advice to Management

The investment firm should fire them all and start over.

3. "Anonymous"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Everett, WA

Pros

Good location weekends off free coffe donuts bagels on Fridays

Cons

More sales managers/directors/vp than years I worked there should be a red flag.new he person every year it seems

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage you have good people let them do their job

"Read comments with low ratings, 100% correct. If 0 was option, that would be selected. Steer clear of this dark place."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like free bagels on Friday, I suppose that could be a pro. Or maybe the free coffee. Other than that, you should steer clear of this place. It is a dark, dark place to be. In interview process they will tell you the culture is changing because the Randy does not work there any more, he sold company in May 2015. Don't believe it. "Getting better" is relative.

Cons

Too many to list but here are a few: every meeting with CEO he yells, swears and demeans employees in public. All other C levels fall in line with CEO and are not leaders who will mentor or lead. They too operate in fear of the CEO. They do not provide any guidance and do not have your back. They are weak minded because they operate in fear. Expectations are never made clear and when one fails to meet the expectations, you're fired without any knowledge that you were not meeting them. If you like to be lead by fear and enjoy an environment of yelling, swearing and being demeaned by execs in public, then this is an awesome place to work.

Advice to Management

I discounted the reviews on glass door, boy was that an unfortunate mistake. Stop leading by fear, be collaborative. Read some John maxwell books on leadership. Maxwell defines how real successful leaders choose to lead. Grasp those concepts and you will meet growth targets much easier. Give people some leeway to learn from a mistake without fear of being fired. If you do need to let someone go, have the kahunas to talk to them and look them in the eye before hand and let them know where they are not meeting expectations. Give them a chance to succeed as opposed to setting them up to fail by not providing clear expectations to begin with.

"It sure heck isn't for everyone"

Current Employee - Varied in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Varied in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company meetings are cool for a few months, but then you realize it's all BS. The people are generally good when they are away from work and not worried about getting fired or yelled at. The company really tries to be a good company, but leadership is just not able to do it. Paycheck, paycheck, paycheck.

Cons

It's a job, a pretty crappy, career in neutral, job, but it's better than not working, a little. if you need a job, and are thinking about Randy's, prepare an exit strategy right away and keep looking for a better job. If you are good at what you do, you can definitely find better, the Randy is always desperate to hire people. Paycheck, remember it's a paycheck, don't think of it as anything else. When you hopefully quit, before getting fired, remember Randy's fondly as that bad example and always try to find a job that is completely opposite.

Advice to Management

I have negative comments for sure, but you can see a lot of hard working people around. Advice? Stop treating them like crap. It takes all of week for new people to hear the whispers and get that "What have I done?" look on their faces. Paycheck, keep those paychecks coming.

"Unbelievable"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager

Pros

None that I could think of beyond the first day.

Cons

Leadership aka "The Randy" is a piece of work. New person every day or every afternoon. Every HR person in the area has had a tour of Randy....there are so many adjectives to describe the style and persona - not enough room here to list them. Start with you Psyc book and go forward

Advice to Management

Get hep.

"Don't Listen to Executive-Sponsored Propaganda"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great peers and some free snacks on Fridays.

Cons

Company execs (ie. owner and president) are the only people who would put positive reviews on Glassdoor. This company is a horrible at leading employees and providing a solid employment experience. Employees are not valued or appreciated. In my department of 9 people, over the last 12 months, six have been fired and their positions partially back-filled. The company has a high profit margin because it has had a slightly better vision than the other redneck competition (in the truck differential part market), so the owner and president have the 'luxury' to treat people like pons and garbage. But this company is quite famous in the Puget Sound region to be horribly managed. Don't leave your job, even a bad job, to come here. Only if you need some money, short term, should you apply. This has been, by far, my worst employment experience in 20 years.

Advice to Management

Hopeless.

"WORST Place EVER!"

Former Employee - Office Position in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Office Position in Everett, WA

Pros

Free coffee and donuts on Friday

Cons

There are not many pros to working here. Upper management are uneducated country bumkins. The president is quite hostile, and tries to play it off as if he's just teasing or playing around (he even thinks he is funny) when in reality he can dish it out, but does not handle any sort of rebuttle. The other amin staff are immature and have no knowledge in using technology with any sort of skill. During the interview, they make it seems like am exciting place to work, when in reality, they suck your soul out. They have no training and lack the know how to do so. If you have a desire to grow and want to take on challenges, this is not the place for you. There is absolutely no communication in the office and they get rid of people left and right. The hoops they make you jump through just to get hired are not work it, even if you just want to work there for a short time. Is you are lookingfor an admin position, please don't waste your time. There are great recruiters who will find you a great company and no which one's to stay away from...RANDYS

Advice to Management

Retire

10. "Full Time"

Current Employee - New Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - New Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people overall. Very helpful group. I had read and heard stuff about Randys but decided to accept the position as the pay was good and the location great. I am not disappointed at all and the people have been great so far. It is a growing company and I see opportunities for improving and making more.

Cons

Need HR Mgr and the training could be more formalized.

Advice to Management

make sure there is good training for all new people as it is quite overwhelming to start in the company especially with so much going on.

"Worst Job I have ever had"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free water in the sales room. Fellow salesman are pretty nice for the most part.

Cons

Everything else. The owner leads by fear and fires people at a drop of a hat if he is having a bad day. the Managers will tell you anything you want to hear to your face then stab you in the back the second they can. The owner cut sales peoples pay by 25% one day because he thought they did not work hard enough for there money. No notice..nothing. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.

Advice to Management

Maybe try and build your employees up rather than beat them in to submission. Try leading by example not by threat of termination..

RSS Feed </> Embed