RANDYS Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RANDYS Worldwide President and CEO Kevin Kaestner
Kevin Kaestner

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover in certain departments (in 5 reviews)

• However, standing up to anyone in upper management generally results in termination (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Room to improve but better than it was"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Day to day work can be rewarding
    Company sponsored BBQs in the summer
    Holiday party in the winter
    Thanksgiving lunch for all employees
    Can/will work around personal schedule if necessary
    Really seems like CEO *wants* employees to be happy

Cons

Relatively few recognized holidays
    Prices for benefits keep going up and coverage keeps going down
    High turnover in certain departments
    Certain team members seem more than willing to toss you under a bus
    CEO seems out of touch with aspects of standard employee (clarifying that he wants to make everyone happy but doesn't seem to recognize what they actually want)
    Certain managers expect you to know/do the job they've given to you without letting you know what is expected or how to do the job, great way to set up for failure - always get clarification!
    Lack of career prospects - lateral moves are common, upward are rare

Advice to Management

There are good, ready to work, employees in the company and there are some that just show up to do the bare minimum. Figure out which are which.
    Share more info with the team members, work with the guys to drive home the core values, don't just expect them to know them and fire them when they can't read your mind.

Dec 1, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for leaving a review. Your feedback is important to us. Our Thanksgiving lunch is something employees look forward to and the food was delicious. I am pleased to hear that in your ... More

"Great people, low morale"

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people here are a blast to work with.
    Vacation time.
    Location.
    Mon-Friday schedule.

Cons

The pay to work ratio leaves A LOT to be desired, this is an extremely fast paced environment with more work than time to do it, be ready to do your job and help with other jobs even if you are completely swamped with your own tasks.

Averaged 9 to 10 hour days Mon-Fri, it wears you out after a while.

The monthly awards tend to drive morale down even further at the Washington WH.

When you make a mistake it ends up feeling like the end of the world, no constructive criticism is given.

Hard work is rarely rewarded in the form of a pay raise.

Sales floor gets cash prises/ 5 day and 5 night trip with bonus, ect. WH has NOTHING like this to reward hard work and create healthy competition while improving performance.

Business closes at 4:30pm but be prepared to stay until 5pm on most days due to sales pushing orders through AFTER the alotted cutoff time.

Even with the OT I was still breaking even on bills and budget.

Advice to Management

I gave 3 stars because although I really enjoyed working at Randy's and enjoyed working with most of the people there, this company seemed to only care about how much money I was able to make for it, i felt like upper management saw me as just an employee number.

Talk one on one to your workers and let them be candid and honest with you without wondering if they will be terminated for speaking their mind(and most importantly do NOT terminate them for trying to help the company succeed!), the real team players will come forward and offer ideas or suggestions that will be aimed at helping the company become better.
    If you wait until that employee quits to get that feedback you have already lost.
    As Kevin once illuded to, your employees are your most valuble resource, that being said, if one group is working lots of OT and going out of their way to help the company with no reward they will eventually stop trying.

"Don't do it! Keep your day job!"

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you can stay on the right side of things, not try to improve, not have your own opinions, not expect to be treated fairly, or ever think you have job security, this is the place for you. If you love to worry bout being fired Daily, you will love this place.
    Lower on the totem pole it's better for working here. Always say "yes, you are right. " to management.
    They are good about letting you get unemployment when they wrongfully fire you.

Cons

No job security, they make employees write good reviews on here so they can get people to work here, then they fire them for fake reasons. If they don't like any little thing about you, they will forge HR docs to get you fired and cover their bottom dollar. I wouldn't even give this place one star.

Advice to Management

Quit and let decent human beings who care about doing the right thing take over.

Jan 31, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review regarding your employment at RANDYS Worldwide. We are committed to our employees who demonstrate the desire and ability to contribute to the overall ... More

"extremely frustrated with these reviews"

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mon-Fri schedule, 401K, up to 5 weeks’ vacation, snacks, awesome co-workers. I am tired of reading these negative reviews. I have worked for RWA for almost 13 years, yes its aggressive, yes its performance driven, yes we are compensated well, yes it can be stressful. We are a group of ADULTS that work hard and strive to be the best in the industry. Our managers are pushed just as hard if not harder to deliver, we have aggressive goals and are held accountable for producing. I am 99.9% sure that all these “current employee” reviews were written by FIRED employees as glassdoor cannot verify employment and remain anonymous, specifically reviews “"Dishonest, Unhealthy, Degrading, and Ungrateful" and "Major changes needed..." If you want to come to work to do your job, not feed into the drama (every job has drama), and strive to be the best at what we do please apply.

Cons

Sales managers need assistants to take some of the smaller tasks off their plate so they can focus more on helping bring the new guys up to speed. More communication from management on important tasks and cross department updates on new or important items. Better training for new reps(currently being worked on).

Advice to Management

Work on passing off some of your work load to people that can help, free up some more time to spend with your reps that need the help. Keep the sales contest coming!
    I was not asked to write this review. I care about this company and believe in the direction it is going. I am tired of seeing terrible reviews when I know this a good place to work.

Dec 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback about working at RANDYS. I am glad you like working here. Please feel free to stop by my office if you have any other feedback to ... More

"Fast paced company with improvement needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Randys for over 3 years and I take pride in saying that I work here. This company is growing at a very fast rate and the opportunities here are endless. Any employee that is self-motivated and takes initiative can move up quickly when opportunities are presented.

Cons

Like I said, this company is growing at a very fast rate. With any fast-growing company, training and communication needs to be top notch and this is something that we lack here at Randy's.

I hope that more impact players are found within the company and outside the company so they can help fill in the gaps as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Carve out time to train and retrain your team.
    Increase communication to your team.

Dec 16, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to hear that you take pride in working at RANDYS. I agree with you that communication across the organization is very important and must be maintained as we ... More

"Great place to work. But not for everyone."

Pros

Very nice people to work with. Great schedule and location. Decent pay and benefits. Fast paced environment. Quality products. Company growth.
    I've worked at Randys for 12+ years. This place is great but it's not for everyone. It's busy everyday and by the time you get home, you're totally exhausted. Mentally, physically, or both. Each day goes by fast. It feels not that long ago when Randy's only had one building. Now there's 4 locations nationwide and still growing. Some people call it growing pains, but here it's just a regular day.
    If you're looking for a job where you can just punch a clock, this isn't for you. You have to work hard and be passionate about your job to be successful here.

Cons

Lack of training, communication, and support. Training is mostly on-hands training. New hires are often thrown into a job with little or no proper training.
    Communication is mostly on a need to know basis. And sometimes the people that need to know aren't told.
    Support is limited. Everyday you feel understaffed. Many days you are actually understaffed. Operation systems are out of date too.

Advice to Management

Advise to management: Make expectations clear for your employees at hire. Support your employees as much as you take care of your customers. Train your staff to swim before you throw them in the water. Upgrade your operating systems.

Advise to employee prospects: Don't oversell yourself in the interview. You're better off being honest and not getting the job, than to get the job and get fired a month later. This company doesn't keep dead weight. And get along with your co-workers. Difficult employees don't last long either. Getting along is easy with this group. Don't be THAT person.

Nov 22, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your review. I agree that the employees at RANDYS are very nice; they make it fun to come to work every day. Your comments about training and communication are very relevant, and we ... More

"Fast Paced Company with Potential for Those Driven to Succeed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

Randy's offers unlimited potential. If you are detail oriented, own projects from start to finish and are accountable for the outcome then this will be right kind of company. The individual departments work well together and it is very much a team atmosphere to ensure all the work is completed and help is provided if needed. Most people in the organization hold themselves to a very high standard of work and this is evident in results throughout the company. Very few people come to simply collect a paycheck; they actually care about the success of the company and those around them.

Cons

As with any quickly growing company, communication can be a problem and impede progress. Management needs to continue to communication the direction of the company, encourage team building and facilitate change in the culture.

Advice to Management

Focus on the daily wins, continue to improve the culture, keep communication open.

Nov 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your review. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. The employees at RANDYS do hold themselves to a very high standard. We are dedicated to the leading the automotive ... More

"Dishonest, Unhealthy, Degrading, and Ungrateful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Monday- Friday, Location, Hours of Operation, Decent Snacks, Free Coffee, Unlimited Bathroom or Smoke breaks, and...... absolutely nothing else. No really nothing else.

Cons

After many years of loyal service to Randy's it is becoming more obvious and apparent that there is no loyalty at all and that the company is completely careless and carefree when it comes to its employees. Many have been here for 5+ and 10+ years and then one day simply gone for no reason. There will be claims for performance issues or something of that nature but these are simply lies. At any day anyone can get fired without a second thought. Great individuals fill the building in all departments, marketing, purchasing, accounting, quality control, warehouse, service, and sales. Many of them do not get exposure to the bad sides that are associated with this place and please believe it that there are no good sides here no matter what you read. The last few high rated reviews were a cry for help from the HR Department which is as laughable as the reviews are if you've been around and know the truth. The dishonesty that takes place here is beyond anything I've ever seen or heard. You will hear promises made and they will be nothing but forgotten in the very near future or they are made just to hush you up. Upper management takes place in much of this dishonesty and no one stops them. The CEO sits back and watches because he trust and believes them, (hard not to when you are told what you want to hear on an hourly basis and the ones talking would lie or do anything in their power to get ahead). HR is the same joke it has been for over 10 years, just a puppet that has no say and goes where the string guide her. Often times this is out the revolving door. Don't come to work here if you want to remain sane. The name and the company used to stand for something that it no longer does. You will turn into a zombie like many of us have over the years and you will never be able to function anywhere else because of it. Be prepared to get talked down to, insulted, threatened, belittled, and treated like the dirt and ground you walk on. No matter what you do or don't do there is no winning here, it has continued to get progressively worse over the years. No matter what you do or bring to the table it is not enough. You will be accused of not trying, slacking off, holding out, or flat out not being good enough or good at what you do. There is no end to the negative things that can be said about this place and that have been taking place for the last year or so. Just a continuous downward spiral. There are people holding positions they shouldn't be able to talk or even dream about holding. People that care about no one and nothing but their own tomorrow who are in control and have a say in people's lives, well beings, and future. These people are overlooking those who actually care and have cared for the company, brand, and co-workers (some for over a decade). If there is an older company or a new company looking at what not to do and how not to treat its people please look to Randy's for all your questions and concerns to be answered.

Advice to Management

Stop talking and start doing. As a CEO of an industry leading company do not let it go to a second tier company. Clean house. Your weak management team is the problem. I don't know how else to put it other than a direct statement. The group of individuals you have that are responsible for the profitability of your company and everyone's paychecks is deflated, degraded, and disregarded on a daily or even hourly basis. Bring in leaders that care and want to succeed together rather than cover their own backs and put blame on everyone but themselves and their faults. Look for potential new leaders from within. Anything or nothing at this might be better than what's there now.

Dec 19, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are concerning and we would like the opportunity to talk face-to-face about them. I would encourage you to take advantage of our open ... More

"Stay Away unless you love being thrown UNDER THE BUS!"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time

Pros

Free Donuts or Bagels on Friday
    No one has gone POSTAL YET!

Cons

Working here will suck your soul right out of you!

Seems like the past couple of Reviews are either FAKE or they are just blind and don't really see what's going on around them!

Advice to Management

You want to make a change? First get rid of HR cause either they are Blind and Deaf or just don't CARE! Then weed your way threw Management and so called Leads because some can't manage or lead even themselves out of a wet paper bag! Only then CHANGES can be made! Your only as strong as your weakest link! If they can't hack it on the sales floor what makes you think they can hack it in the Warehouse!

Dec 27, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Please come and see me (or your manager) when you have some time. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments. -Kelli

"GROWTH"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a true leader when it comes to differential parts. Everyone has a certain pride in the products offered and they stand behind the quality. Everyone is always working together as a team to take care of customers and reach new ones . Company is very receptive to ideas and innovation to continue the success and positive growth . Open door policy , upper management works close with everyone and will address everyone needs to make you successful .

Cons

Randys is aggressive and fast pace , like any company going thru growth. With that said not everyone can handle the expectation , and ever evolving atmosphere. Communication , and guidance can be tough as the growth continues.

Advice to Management

continue to make every effort to involve and create a 1 team attitude thru out . Communicating direction and guidance. At the same making sure everyone has a clear picture of company expectations and goals.

Nov 7, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to send us a candid review. One of the many great things about having a new person join the team is hearing about their experiences and fresh perspectives. I appreciate ... More