RANDYS Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

RANDYS Worldwide President and CEO Kevin Kaestner
Kevin Kaestner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover in certain departments (in 5 reviews)

• However, standing up to anyone in upper management generally results in termination (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Room to improve but better than it was"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Day to day work can be rewarding
    Company sponsored BBQs in the summer
    Holiday party in the winter
    Thanksgiving lunch for all employees
    Can/will work around personal schedule if necessary
    Really seems like CEO *wants* employees to be happy

Cons

Relatively few recognized holidays
    Prices for benefits keep going up and coverage keeps going down
    High turnover in certain departments
    Certain team members seem more than willing to toss you under a bus
    CEO seems out of touch with aspects of standard employee (clarifying that he wants to make everyone happy but doesn't seem to recognize what they actually want)
    Certain managers expect you to know/do the job they've given to you without letting you know what is expected or how to do the job, great way to set up for failure - always get clarification!
    Lack of career prospects - lateral moves are common, upward are rare

Advice to Management

There are good, ready to work, employees in the company and there are some that just show up to do the bare minimum. Figure out which are which.
    Share more info with the team members, work with the guys to drive home the core values, don't just expect them to know them and fire them when they can't read your mind.

Dec 1, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for leaving a review. Your feedback is important to us. Our Thanksgiving lunch is something employees look forward to and the food was delicious. I am pleased to hear that in your... More

2. "Motorsports enthusiast's paradise"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time

Pros

Cool intelligent people to work with.
    Culture club which is constantly arranging fun activities.
    Everyone is eager to teach you what they know and help you be successful.
    Nice open office environment where you can collaborate easily with colleges.
    Mentoring program for those who want to learn more or even switch departments.

Cons

Some processes are dated.
    Some software and computers are getting older.
    Reluctant to update and change policies and procedures with the times.
    Would like to see more focus on making the best product rather than the best for the money.

"DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU ARE A WOMAN!"

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time

Pros

Free donuts or bagels on Fridays.
    Might win a gift card in raffles that occur almost monthly.

Cons

Pictures of women everywhere in the building. The company also prides itself on its calendar showing women with cars. It is a very unprofessional atmosphere. I would not want my daughter to work here.
    The company panics every time something goes wrong. It claims things have changed since Randy left, but they really have not.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Show some think skin when an issue occurs.

"Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

CEO Randy total narcissist, untrustworthy, you never know which Randy you have in front of you. Joeckel andy Hyde.

Advice to Management

Get professional help.Even if Randy is not the CEO he would still pull the strings. And that is not a good thing. Run very very fast away.

"Great people, low morale"

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of the people here are a blast to work with.
    Vacation time.
    Location.
    Mon-Friday schedule.

Cons

The pay to work ratio leaves A LOT to be desired, this is an extremely fast paced environment with more work than time to do it, be ready to do your job and help with other jobs even if you are completely swamped with your own tasks.

Averaged 9 to 10 hour days Mon-Fri, it wears you out after a while.

The monthly awards tend to drive morale down even further at the Washington WH.

When you make a mistake it ends up feeling like the end of the world, no constructive criticism is given.

Hard work is rarely rewarded in the form of a pay raise.

Sales floor gets cash prises/ 5 day and 5 night trip with bonus, ect. WH has NOTHING like this to reward hard work and create healthy competition while improving performance.

Business closes at 4:30pm but be prepared to stay until 5pm on most days due to sales pushing orders through AFTER the alotted cutoff time.

Even with the OT I was still breaking even on bills and budget.

Advice to Management

I gave 3 stars because although I really enjoyed working at Randy's and enjoyed working with most of the people there, this company seemed to only care about how much money I was able to make for it, i felt like upper management saw me as just an employee number.

Talk one on one to your workers and let them be candid and honest with you without wondering if they will be terminated for speaking their mind(and most importantly do NOT terminate them for trying to help the company succeed!), the real team players will come forward and offer ideas or suggestions that will be aimed at helping the company become better.
    If you wait until that employee quits to get that feedback you have already lost.
    As Kevin once illuded to, your employees are your most valuble resource, that being said, if one group is working lots of OT and going out of their way to help the company with no reward they will eventually stop trying.

"Don't do it! Keep your day job!"

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you can stay on the right side of things, not try to improve, not have your own opinions, not expect to be treated fairly, or ever think you have job security, this is the place for you. If you love to worry bout being fired Daily, you will love this place.
    Lower on the totem pole it's better for working here. Always say "yes, you are right. " to management.
    They are good about letting you get unemployment when they wrongfully fire you.

Cons

No job security, they make employees write good reviews on here so they can get people to work here, then they fire them for fake reasons. If they don't like any little thing about you, they will forge HR docs to get you fired and cover their bottom dollar. I wouldn't even give this place one star.

Advice to Management

Quit and let decent human beings who care about doing the right thing take over.

Jan 31, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review regarding your employment at RANDYS Worldwide. We are committed to our employees who demonstrate the desire and ability to contribute to the overall... More

"extremely frustrated with these reviews"

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mon-Fri schedule, 401K, up to 5 weeks’ vacation, snacks, awesome co-workers. I am tired of reading these negative reviews. I have worked for RWA for almost 13 years, yes its aggressive, yes its performance driven, yes we are compensated well, yes it can be stressful. We are a group of ADULTS that work hard and strive to be the best in the industry. Our managers are pushed just as hard if not harder to deliver, we have aggressive goals and are held accountable for producing. I am 99.9% sure that all these “current employee” reviews were written by FIRED employees as glassdoor cannot verify employment and remain anonymous, specifically reviews “"Dishonest, Unhealthy, Degrading, and Ungrateful" and "Major changes needed..." If you want to come to work to do your job, not feed into the drama (every job has drama), and strive to be the best at what we do please apply.

Cons

Sales managers need assistants to take some of the smaller tasks off their plate so they can focus more on helping bring the new guys up to speed. More communication from management on important tasks and cross department updates on new or important items. Better training for new reps(currently being worked on).

Advice to Management

Work on passing off some of your work load to people that can help, free up some more time to spend with your reps that need the help. Keep the sales contest coming!
    I was not asked to write this review. I care about this company and believe in the direction it is going. I am tired of seeing terrible reviews when I know this a good place to work.

Dec 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback about working at RANDYS. I am glad you like working here. Please feel free to stop by my office if you have any other feedback to... More

"Fast paced company with improvement needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Randys for over 3 years and I take pride in saying that I work here. This company is growing at a very fast rate and the opportunities here are endless. Any employee that is self-motivated and takes initiative can move up quickly when opportunities are presented.

Cons

Like I said, this company is growing at a very fast rate. With any fast-growing company, training and communication needs to be top notch and this is something that we lack here at Randy's.

I hope that more impact players are found within the company and outside the company so they can help fill in the gaps as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Carve out time to train and retrain your team.
    Increase communication to your team.

Dec 16, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to hear that you take pride in working at RANDYS. I agree with you that communication across the organization is very important and must be maintained as we... More

"Great place to work. But not for everyone."

Pros

Very nice people to work with. Great schedule and location. Decent pay and benefits. Fast paced environment. Quality products. Company growth.
    I've worked at Randys for 12+ years. This place is great but it's not for everyone. It's busy everyday and by the time you get home, you're totally exhausted. Mentally, physically, or both. Each day goes by fast. It feels not that long ago when Randy's only had one building. Now there's 4 locations nationwide and still growing. Some people call it growing pains, but here it's just a regular day.
    If you're looking for a job where you can just punch a clock, this isn't for you. You have to work hard and be passionate about your job to be successful here.

Cons

Lack of training, communication, and support. Training is mostly on-hands training. New hires are often thrown into a job with little or no proper training.
    Communication is mostly on a need to know basis. And sometimes the people that need to know aren't told.
    Support is limited. Everyday you feel understaffed. Many days you are actually understaffed. Operation systems are out of date too.

Advice to Management

Advise to management: Make expectations clear for your employees at hire. Support your employees as much as you take care of your customers. Train your staff to swim before you throw them in the water. Upgrade your operating systems.

Advise to employee prospects: Don't oversell yourself in the interview. You're better off being honest and not getting the job, than to get the job and get fired a month later. This company doesn't keep dead weight. And get along with your co-workers. Difficult employees don't last long either. Getting along is easy with this group. Don't be THAT person.

Nov 22, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your review. I agree that the employees at RANDYS are very nice; they make it fun to come to work every day. Your comments about training and communication are very relevant, and we... More

"Fast Paced Company with Potential for Those Driven to Succeed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

Randy's offers unlimited potential. If you are detail oriented, own projects from start to finish and are accountable for the outcome then this will be right kind of company. The individual departments work well together and it is very much a team atmosphere to ensure all the work is completed and help is provided if needed. Most people in the organization hold themselves to a very high standard of work and this is evident in results throughout the company. Very few people come to simply collect a paycheck; they actually care about the success of the company and those around them.

Cons

As with any quickly growing company, communication can be a problem and impede progress. Management needs to continue to communication the direction of the company, encourage team building and facilitate change in the culture.

Advice to Management

Focus on the daily wins, continue to improve the culture, keep communication open.

Nov 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your review. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. The employees at RANDYS do hold themselves to a very high standard. We are dedicated to the leading the automotive... More