RAS Boriskin Reviews | Glassdoor

Sara Boriskin
  1. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Westbury, NY

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great way to enter the client service industry.

Cons

No cons that I could think of.

RAS Boriskin2019-07-29

"Do not work here, Sara is an awful leader."

Former Employee - Paralegal

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is not one positive thing I can say about this place.

Cons

Sara Boriskin is maybe the rudest, nastiest person I’ve ever had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting. I won’t curse on here but if I could I’d call her every name in the book. Her very personality is vile. You are underpaid and over worked. They treat the staff like children. They film you EVERYWHERE, they even have a camera facing into the buildings hallways so they can see who’s out there. They won’t give any... employees the WiFi password, they won’t allow you to have a granola bar at your desk. They expect you to clock out and go eat in a break room for a snack. God forbid you check your phone while the she evil one is walking by. Oh, but don’t worry they reward you with a field day with free pizza! Like we’re 12 years old....How about firm happy hours? Nope. Okay, Bonuses ? Nope. How about a raise? Sure take .5 cents. Overtime? You’re literally not allowed. They don’t wanna pay you anymore then they have to. I’m not kidding when I tell you how bad this place is and it starts from the top Sara inspires nothing but malcontent, she is a awful leader. she’ll walk around every 3 weeks and have fake conversations with people about there lives like she cares but she doesn’t and most the employees dread even having to talk to her. They are all about the bottom dollar and paying people as little as they can to get to where they want.

Advice to Management

The CEO acts like she’s better then everyone, she’s rude and condescending. Humble yourself. Stop treating the staff like children. Stop monitoring them like you’re big brother.

RAS Boriskin2019-07-31
  3. "Could be better could be worse"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Westbury, NY

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers usually there to help you out. Management can sometimes be stuck in ivory tower. Keep head down and you can survive.

Cons

Benefits whack, especially for non-attorneys. Recognition is given but never financially.

Advice to Management

Let people climb...

RAS Boriskin2019-04-15

"A Place to Make Your Mistakes At"

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time for more than a year

Pros

As is the theme with the other reviews, RAS is a place where one can learn a lot. If you are interested in law and want to see what a small sized law firm does, this is the place for you. There are trainings that occur every month or so (they do get repetitive if you have been there longer than a year) which help you to learn about different facets of the law and the organization. It is a place where any error you... make is a learning experience. It is almost guaranteed that if you mess up aside from a stern warning nothing will happen to you. Next to no one gets fired for messing up. Very few places let mistakes get made and no serious repercussions as a result.

Cons

The pay is not comparable to many other roles. Most start out at minimum wage, but that is to be expected when the company hires legal assistants for nearly every position. More 'experienced' employees do not see a large bump in pay and raises are minimal at best. There are no true incentives, bare minimum for holidays off (no day after Thanksgiving), day before a holiday the company does not close early, for a... longer tenure you do not get more days off, 401K after year that does not match, very little room to grow into a larger position and that is to just name a few. Also it is an 8 hour day, but the work given cannot feasibly be done in that time period. OT is a rarity and given out in must need circumstances.

Advice to Management

Provide incentives for employees to stay longer, so that they feel like a valued team member. Implement growth opportunities so that the employees that are committed will want to pay it forward. Have management be more open about what goes behind closed doors, rather than having a worried look on their faces anytime something occurs.

RAS Boriskin2019-03-28

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Paralegal

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time

Pros

No benefits from working here.

Cons

Everything is wrong with this place.

RAS Boriskin2019-04-17

"Employee’s here are Miserable"

I worked at RAS Boriskin

Pros

They pay time and a half OT. So if you’re desperate and want to make minimum wage plus work day and night this is the place for you.

Cons

Sara Boriskin treats her employees like they are dirt under her feet. She seems almost disgusted to even look at her support staff.

Advice to Management

You need to understand that people want work/life balance. They don’t want to work around the clock for peanuts at a company they don’t own.

RAS Boriskin2019-03-14
  7. "Grateful for Knowledge and Growth before Law School"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Westbury, NY

I have been working at RAS Boriskin full-time for less than a year

Pros

To be honest, I am pretty surprised by the negative reviews as they do not represent my experience or that of my friends, so far. I am learning a ton in my gap year before law school and have made legal connections and strong friendships in the short time I’ve been here. There are plenty of opportunities to take on new roles and responsibilities as you progress and I can truly say I’ll be sad to leave in the fall.... Also - did I mention Bagel Tuesday’s, Spirit Week, Candy Bars, etc.... I was not prepared for any of this in the “real world”, and the culture is definitely diff from any of the firms I’ve interned at.

Cons

It is a fast paced industry and you’re def expected to pull your own weight - but if you’re here for the right reasons and ready to work, you will not have a problem and will be recognized for it

RAS Boriskin2019-01-22

"Attorneys, stay away"

Former Employee - Associate Attorney

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Majority of employees are easy to work with

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work expected, no work life balance

Advice to Management

As an attorney, you are expected to bring a certain amount of work ethic. The management in this firm however will want you to work past 7pm even if all the work is complete. Women please be advised that the partner is a woman, however 90 percent of the management are all men. In addition, the worst grievance I observed was the failure of the partner to provide a reasonable accommodation for a sick pregnant... woman, an accommodation which was provided to other healthy attorneys. It’s disgusting. P.S. The five star reviews are written in the same style as the boss writes.

RAS Boriskin2019-02-14

"Great Place To Learn"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney

I have been working at RAS Boriskin full-time

Pros

The people and ability to advance or grow in your career. The firm culture focuses on teamwork. Although no firm is perfect, upper management is constantly attempting to create programs that focus on legal fundamentals and team building activities. Hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Some employees can be negative and create drama. If you are a team player; are willing to work hard; can handle high volume and want to have and opportunity to learn and grow, this place is for you.

Advice to Management

Stay positive and keep engaged with the staff. Keep on working to get better every day.

RAS Boriskin2018-12-22

"Revolving door"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant

I worked at RAS Boriskin full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire anyone, so if you need a job you should apply.

Cons

Sara is a she-devil. She's condescending and gets turned on by watching her employees cower. The pay is trash. Literally low income living. She pays as much as minimum wage at a mcdonalds in the boroughs. Half the people there spend half the day smoking. If you actually do your work you will be the only one. Then there's those older employees who swear their job is so important and vital.

Advice to Management

You guys suck. Throw the entire department away.

RAS Boriskin2019-01-24