RCG Global Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Simplot

1. "Takes care of me"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I always have a new project after the other project ends. They find project for me even out of state. I feel that they value me. They offer great benefits - medical and paid time off to name a few.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now because US Region, especially, has been nothing but good to me.

2. "Generic"

Current Employee - DBD in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - DBD in Edison, NJ

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family culture,long tenure of most employees

Cons

Long tenure of most employees, relaxed

3. "Recomendable Consulting Company"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good SDLC processes.
    Effective offshore and onshore model.
    Warm and caring people from management to lowest rank.
    Strong teamwork within projects and teams.
    Continuous training and career path.

Cons

Onshore assignment policies changes every year depending on situations and always not favorable to employees.
    The tax policy for onshore assignment is not always favorable to employee but more for the company.

Advice to Management

Try to invest on very talented young fresh graduates from reputable college schools. Talented young people always brings smart ideas and enthusiasms on the team that with proper guidance they will produce more than what the highly paid mid level career people can deliver.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's not for everyone, but if you are a high achieving consultant who doesn't want to be another number in the big 5, then you will do well here.

Cons

Increases are hard to come by. You have to advocate for yourself and make yourself indispensable.

5. "Delivery Manager"

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RCG is a leading edge company that is all-in with hadoop expertise. The analytics engagements that I get involved with are rich business consulting gigs. They seem to go out of their way to protect & retain their talent.

Cons

Must follow a rigorous delivery process. They take this very seriously. Not really a con however.

"Full time employee - 10 plus years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RCG Global Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Utilize the latest technologies. Company invests in certifications. Solution projects.
    Pay, benefits, time off.

Cons

No cons at this time.

"Only care about a core group of employees"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, who are enthusiastic about their company

Cons

Only care if a core group of employees stay; you never get a performance review

Advice to Management

treat your employees better

"Not very professional"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant - Technical Lead in Moore, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant - Technical Lead in Moore, SC

I worked at RCG Global Services (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Very simple hiring process,

Cons

Only hired me because they had a client that needed my skills. I was laid off after the project ended.

"Life at RCG"

Current Employee - Senior Worker Bee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Worker Bee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior Management - A Mixed bag. Executive management - Those I knew were a pleasure to work with, a few exceptions. Regional VPs are despots, each with their little cabal of loyal employees, all others are treated like dirt. At least one has a psych profile that would prevent him from holding any other job,and would probably be subject to potential institutionalization...total psych job.
    Long term employees - Good experienced, loyal people - all locations. A pleasure to work with. I learn a lot every day.
    Pay - Decent but don't expect a raise.
    Bonus - Maybe.
    Hours - Long
    Medical insurance is very good.

Cons

CEO - Nice guy, has been responsible for growth and eventual buyout of the company from previous owners. With the long term senior employees at his disposal, he could build a company to be proud of, but that isn't happening. Company drifts along with maybe single digit (+/-) growth. A 6/10 when compared to other CEOs I've worked with.
    Senior/Regional management - will use you like a rag and kick you to the curb. You better be billable 24/7 and like abuse. Give all sales credit, bonuses to their cabal of friends/loyal syncophants. Everybody else better be happy with their salary.
    Incompetent offshore president/general manager. Previously project manager who had been kicked off of every project he was assigned to, that wormed his way into leading the offshore development center, and is milking it for all its worth. Useless, and could have been responsible for building double digit annual growth, but

Advice to Management

Cull your regional VPs. New blood. You have no idea how much they are hated, and how they talk about you behind your back. Change out offshore center management. This could be a growth engine for you, but not with the current leadership. Be more dynamic, you could grow the company far more than you have, if you just were willing to put in the extra effort.

"Horrible Consulting Experience--"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Portland, ME

I worked at RCG Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you don't have a job and you can't find one, You should use this as a pit stop.

Cons

Its a sweat shop. The management has couple clients whom get billed as they think these guys are the best. They don't have steady long projects. That means the executive level guys are not able to convince companies that they can execute. Every project ends after a feasibility study for 3 - 4 months. Typical. Lots of travel required. Most of their employees are east Indians who get treated badly and they still take it as they need the Visa's.

Advice to Management

Please stop lying to people telling that Boston is a great place and you have multiple projects. Its not worth a try. Stay where you are and look for a better job. They say they will hire you full time and throw you to the curb if you are on the bench for a week. They don't want to pay the corp-corp rates or daily rates and just can't hire consultants as they pinch into their pockets. Its not a good place to be.