RCM Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2019

Found 13 reviews

3.4
Robert C. Marconi
  1. "Independent companies are the best!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at RCM Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working here. The teams are very helpful and friendly. My manager allows me creativity to help the company grow. I’ve worked in corporate environments before and independent companies are the way to go. They care more about you as a person than a number.

Cons

It can be dirty in the plant. I work in the office, so this does not effect me.

RCM Industries2018-05-06
  2. "Proceed with Caution"

I worked at RCM Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits for full time employees are very good.

Cons

New President does not know learn to run a business to keep it profitable or get replaced. Treat people with respect and they will do more for you.

Advice to Management

Two books suggested for reading: 1) " Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It" by Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg. 2) “Making the Customer Experience Magical Now!” by John Formica. Two great books to make your business succeed.

RCM Industries2019-06-22
  3. "Engineer"

I worked at RCM Industries full-time

Pros

Great challenging career with lots of potential to advance

Cons

Hold many different responsibilities and job functions but you get skills in many areas.

Advice to Management

Lean manufacturing is succesful only when you get the culture and that starts from top down. Move more to automation

RCM Industries2018-10-01
  4. "Great Company"

I worked at RCM Industries

Pros

Very good place to work, friendly people, company is on the rise, industrial atmosphere, young new talent, good customer base

Cons

Not a lot of locations compared to competitors, difficult business to be in right now, lots of overhead, some floor workers can be lazy

Advice to Management

Keep paying and treating the interns well, higher starting salary, better opportunities to get a promotion or bonus, try recruiting from career fairs

RCM Industries2016-09-22
  5. "Employee"

I have been working at RCM Industries

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for improvement. The knowledge base and skills are present amongst the employees. The overall personality of the employees is good when you are talking to them about personal stuff. There have been changes to focus on the customer and drive improvements at the source.

Cons

A lot of finger pointing. Common practice to consider things other people jobs. A lot of chiefs. Direction is lacking. Key personal being ignored.

Advice to Management

Take a step back on blaming others and take a look internally in your department to see what you could have done to make the situation better. Don't instinctively get defensive. Actually listen to your employees when they are talking. They have a lot of good information that needs to be heard. Act upon employee information not just your own.

RCM Industries2016-05-11

"Too much two-faced behavior"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Liberty, SC

I worked at RCM Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees were amazing. I was hired as a shift supervisor at this company and absolutely loved and appreciated the people that worked on my shift.

Cons

The front office and management were a nightmare. There was a lot of finger pointing, false promises and back-stabbing behavior by upper management. The front office would fire employees and make jokes about it.

Advice to Management

Quit treating your employees and lower management like they are worthless.

RCM Industries2016-05-04
  7. "Administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, SC

I worked at RCM Industries

Pros

Great place with good people

Cons

None reallyt to speak of

Advice to Management

Keep it up

RCM Industries2016-01-14
  8. "Unethical Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at RCM Industries full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Co-workers! long-term career opportunities and good safety program.

Cons

High turnovers in management, once they create their little group to improve and change, believe me they will do anything to get you fired or make you quit... Negative and Stressful environment!!!!

Advice to Management

See the truth and address it- push in qualified plant management & directors before is too late! RCM have talent and committed people do not loos them...

RCM Industries2015-11-17
  9. "Die Casting"

I have been working at RCM Industries full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We are a die caster this is a great place to work, not a clean environment as it is a factory. Have worked here for many years 10 plus. Have seen some good workers come and go, but they all seem to want to come back, as the grass is not always greener on the other side. The company does rehire them which is a rarity these days.

Cons

The hours and benefits ( holidays and vacations) should really be re-considered with what the rest of the world is doing.

Advice to Management

People need to be treated with respect. I don't think they would want their spouse or child working in environment that they create which sometimes is very hostile. There is a way to handle errors made and make corrections without making them feel like they are worth nothing. This plays on their health and work output. Treat others as you want to be treated. I think they would see more people actually caring, then...

RCM Industries2015-02-11
  10. "Nearly 3 years full-time working for RCM Industries."

I have been working at RCM Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

RCM is a power player in the die casting industry that survived and prospered coming out of the recent recession. In the past couple of years, I have seen the company start to transition from an "old school" company, you can say, under new senior management. Since then, there has been a lot of team building between the four RCM divisions, which exemplifies the company's restructuring and growth. The owner remains very...

Cons

Die casting is a dirty industry as you are working with molten metals, but you know what to expect if you have worked in this industry. I don't have this problem myself, but I have seen some instances within the organization involving a struggle to find work-life balance. To be fair, every organization has this problem I am sure, and as RCM transitions into more of a "new school" company, I think these issues will eventually...

Advice to Management

My advice would be to spend some time improving the culture in the plants. Too many employees feel disrespected, taken advantage of, and thrown under the bus. Finger pointing is a real problem, but I am confident that the recent team building success that has occurred across the offices will eventually filter its way into other aspects of the organization.

RCM Industries2015-02-11