RED Interactive Agency "happy hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

RED Interactive Agency Employee Reviews about "happy hours"

Updated Nov 1, 2018

3.9
RED Interactive Agency CEO Nick Phelps
Nick Phelps
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Good work / life balance, at least in my field of work in the company(in 12 reviews)

• "Great company culture: happy hours, weekly company-wide meetings, comped meals when working thru lunch/dinner, etc(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I personally see this as a trade of work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• "Any place doing great work like they are, will have long hours(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "happy hours"

Return to all Reviews

"I like coming into work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time

Pros

-Collaborative, talented, and motivated individuals work here -Everyone is NICE to one another -Everyone is friends with everyone. I would feel comfortable talking to anyone here about something professional or personal. I feel like my coworkers have my best interests at heart -Fun "agency" perks. Park Day. Inspirational Days. Happy hours. -Food for the office -A place that I can really grow my career - I feel supported and happy here everyday. Truly some of the best professional individuals I have ever worked with.

Cons

None I can think of at the moment!

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with employees and help them reach their career goals.

RED Interactive Agency2017-09-05

"Not A Place For Good Creative"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at RED Interactive Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I was at Red, they had pretty good perks like stock refrigerators and happy hours. The company did have some talented people working for them. Unfortunately that's where the pros end.

Cons

There were so many cons, that I don't have the time to write them all down. First, this company loves hiring "Creative Visionaries" which is a fancy way of saying Creative Directors who are really not creatives. This creates a problems when creative directors are trying to tell a designer to do something that doesn’t make sense. These creative directors, and producers often ate up the majority of the budget on project leaving the designer very little time and money to create awesome work. Creative Directors get credit for work that they had very little to do with, often leaving the designer who work many tiring hours behind. Designers are paid very little, even though they are the hardest working in the company. This company doesn’t know how to treat their talent. There is no respect for the creative process. This place prefer quantity over quality, which is very sad. There are many cliques, and if you don’t suck up, you will be used and then tossed aside. Many of the talented designers have left, and I would recommend no designer to ever work here.

Advice to Management

Hired creative directors who have talent and who are not just talk. And make strong creative the core vision of the company.

RED Interactive Agency2018-11-01

"Great company culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at RED Interactive Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff, friendly people Fun projects and great clients for your resume Access to upper manangement Great company culture: happy hours, weekly company-wide meetings, comped meals when working thru lunch/dinner, etc.

Cons

Unbelievably long hours, client-is-always-right mentality even when client clashes with an entire department Poor performing staff kept on long after they should be fired because of years at company... Disheartening for staff working hard to compensate for these people

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff when they're having trouble

RED Interactive Agency2017-06-02

"Feel Fortunate to have Landed Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Almost all of the employees are full time. You get to know the people you are working with. -People here are insanely talented. -The work / life balance is the best I've achieved in LA. -The office space is inspiring and well appointed. -Management takes good care of people: great benefits, groceries, beach cruisers for rent, discounted dry cleaning pick up and delivery, happy hours, discretionary annual bonus, etc. -People have crazy tenure. -The company gives deserving people an opportunity to grow their careers. There is a lot of room for upward mobility. -Management is very approachable and open to new ideas.

Cons

-The management feels a great sense of responsibility for the people they bring onboard. Sometimes this means that they will try too hard, for too long, to make a situation work that isn't the right fit.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Continue valuing employees as people and not resources.

RED Interactive Agency2013-08-30
  5. "Great talents in a digital agency with plenty of room to grow"

Current Employee - Design in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's great to work with and learn from many talented individuals. It's a fun and casual working environment. Exciting projects come by at times for great clients. There is opportunity to advance your career here. The hours are mostly normal, which is really unheard of. Of course, once in a while it gets crazy during deadlines, but it's mostly managed well or given comp time. Free food and snacks in the kitchen. Happy hours. Great benefits.

Cons

Projects could get repetitive and monotonous. Sometimes there are not a lot of room for creative freedom. It needs to create a more inspiring creative culture. Rapid company growth could be overwhelming. It's starting to feel more corporate; the company is still finding its structure. The departments and teams are often secluded and separated.

Advice to Management

Try to improve communication and collaboration among different departments and teams. There are lots of talented people who ought to benefit from collaborating with each other more often. The company ought to experiment more. Define clear career paths and goals for employees.

RED Interactive Agency2013-09-09

"Best working experience I've had"

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time

Pros

- Good culture & work environment - Super talented people - Company values doing quality work - Technology focused. Great place for engineers/developers to work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects - Engineers/developers have a strong voice and are part of the ideation process (i've seen some of the best ideas come from our technology group) - More product and platform work than in the past - Developing more of our own IP - Nice balance of strategy, ux, creative and technology - Good work/life balance (although things can get crazy during crunch time and project launches) - Good benefits (medial, dental, vision etc.. 401k, gym membership, dry cleaning, happy hours, competitive vacation) - Low employee turnover... so you get to work with a lot of the same people for long periods of time and develop good workflow and working relationships

Cons

- Not google, but it's though to get in the door. Interviews can sometimes require meeting with 5 people or more, takes several hours and may require coming back to meet more people. Engineers (and probably other roles) require taking skills test - Company is still figuring out how much structure and process is necessary - Clients can be difficult and hard to nail down - Can be challenging to balance doing quality work with timelines and budget requirements

RED Interactive Agency2013-09-05