REED Reviews

4.0
REED Chairman James Reed
James Reed
Pros
Cons
  • "There is still a uniform dress code which is a little out dated, this has been modernised over the years but still old fashioned for 2020(in 63 reviews)

• "The only thing would be flexible working but I know that this is something that is being introduced(in 28 reviews)

1. "Good pay"

Current Employee - Armed Guard

I have been working at REED full-time

Pros

Pay is good, nice gym.

Cons

Away from home, German chow hall

REED2020-04-18

April 27, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive review

2. "Great place"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at REED full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, team, stress free environment

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities

REED2018-08-15

September 20, 2018Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your great review. We are launching our new Sales Academy at reed.co.uk which is transparent progression, development and reward framework which we expect will be a great enhancement to joining our sales teams.

"Great!"

I worked at REED

Pros

Leadership, Company Values, Promotions, Compensation

Cons

Compensation, Perks, Personal Growth, Training

REED2015-03-18

"In-fighting, politics, and all that's wrong with recruitment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at REED full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits Instant name recognition Lots of opportunities Company values are outstanding Variety of recruitment areas

Cons

Different "specialisms" compete with each other and reed.co.uk for business, and it can get really nasty Managers are so busy making sales figures that they don't manage staff properly Lip service paid to values, but not upheld in the company Outdated mentality about recruitment: call, call, call, etc

REED2014-10-17
  5. "Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Managing Director in London, England

I worked at REED full-time

Pros

Supportive and friendly people. Invest in training and development of recruiters. Socially motivated owners

Cons

Hard to criticise based on personal experience, autonomy and opportunity.

REED2020-05-19
  6. "Great company."

Current Employee - Senior Resource Business Partner in Northampton, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are wanting to work for a company who truly offers great career opportunities then REED if the one for you. I have worked for REED now for 5 years and in that time, my career has developed from Team Leader, Team Manager, Resourcing Business Partner and Senior Resourcing Business Partner. I have been a recruitment professional for 10 years now and what I love about my job is the interaction with so many amazing people, internally within our business and externally with all our valued clients. My job allows me to radiate the family core values we have here to our clients as we truly do care about supporting our clients’ needs and helping candidates securing their perfect job! – If you love old school family values then you will get on so well with Reed, as an employee and also as a preferred supplier to support your recruitment needs. We have been established since 1960 and incredibly innovative with the way we work and the technology we use however, one thing which has remained the same from when Sir Alec Reed founded the company is the importance of family! Our Chairman James Reed and our Global MD Ian Nicolas are both inspirational leaders, even during the extremely difficulty COVID-19 pandemic which has forced a lot of very hard decisions. Both have ensured that all employees are kept supported, safe and assured that we as a REED family will get through this!

Cons

Nothing - Really great company!

REED2020-05-11

May 20, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your lovely review. Congratulations on your 10 years! I agree that Ian's regular vlogs and overall communication has really helped to lead and support us through challenging times.

7. "Great company to work for, lots of incentives, great bonus structure and career development programme"

Current Employee - Executive Recruitment Consultant in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues, training and career opportunities

Cons

The 40 hour working week

REED2020-05-12

May 20, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive feedback.

8. ""Find a job you enjoy doing and you'll never work a day in your life""

4.0
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Bristol, England

I have been working at REED part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Reed for over 7 years now, I have always been given opportunities to develop my skill set and I feel that my manager values my opinion. Training and development is strong and although a bit slow and somewhat behind when compared to other similar companies, I have noticed significant improvements in the last few years both with their focus on employee retention and image overall, they clearly care!

Cons

The dress code when working in an office is quite archaic although worse for the men as they all have to wear the same ties which I'd find embarrassing if I was a guy and on a client meeting with another bloke - You shouldn't need to check which tie your colleague is wearing that day so you don't turn up like a pair of matching numptys! I understand that the bonus scheme is competitive for billing roles but I work in a support function and there is nothing for us, a target driven reward for doing your job well would be appreciated as the basic salary levels are certainly not any higher when you compare them to similar jobs with other companies. Staff turn over is reasonably high in central support functions too which I suppose is another con and would perhaps be helped by the introduction of the above point?

REED2020-05-12

May 20, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive review. We have worked hard to highlight and communicate the many great things about working for REED and so it's pleasing that you can see this. It's easy to lose sight of these things when we're all busy working hard. I will share your thoughts internally.

9. "Best business I have been working for"

Current Employee - Executive Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at REED full-time for less than a year

Pros

That's what I can say after almost a year: - helpful management - amazing tools - good brand to work for - juicy and generous bonuses - clear and achievable career progression - good work life balance - good company parties and nights out with the team - amazing team

Cons

- our demarcation rules are complicated - should be more flexible

REED2020-05-07

May 20, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive review. I agree, there's lots of positive things that REED give you and having a great team around you helps too.

10. "Love my job at Reed"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I joined Reed in January 2007 and never looked back . Reed have always encouraged , provided constructive feedback and ongoing support , have immaculate training and delivery , clear progression structure that is driven by you and your achievements . I have the best Manager who I am thankful for , he’s made me feel appreciated and respected and always listens . I know other recruiters and some still believe we are high street but we are not , we are true specialists in every market space and I am a true advocate for Reed. We have a job that changes people’s life’s and assist businesses to flourish , now who wouldn’t want a job like that .

Cons

I really can’t think of any.

REED2020-05-07

May 20, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive review. Recruitment does give the opportunity to make a positive difference on one of the most important life decisions for an individual - where they work.

Found 691 reviews