REI Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
REI Systems President & CEO Veer Bhartiya
Veer Bhartiya

Pros
  • Nice workplace environment, flexible hours (does not mean less work) (in 13 reviews)

• Best workplace environment, flexible work hours (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They all talk about a great work/life balance, but that's a lie (in 4 reviews)

• After all this hard work also, do not expect recognition unless you have out of office friendship with managers (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sterling, VA

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great projects and career advancement opportunities, can WFH and good benefits

Cons

8 hour workdays are too long

Advice to Management

Good

2. "REI Systems is an American Dream company with a heart and soul, unlike some companies without souls and hearts"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sterling, VA

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

REI Systems, they treat you like family. It's hard not to love a company that treats their employees so well despite having shortcomings and imperfections, even if you are slightly insane. I took a one-way ticket vacation to find myself and heal myself from mental anguish, and I am very grateful they maintained my employment status despite my mental and physical health issues. The tea and coffee there are amazing, the co-workers and management are top tier. Wegmans is nearby with the best food in the world. Great gyms nearby too. Sigh, REI Systems makes me miss the USA despite loving China as well. It truly is one of the best places to work in the DC Metro area. I love you REI Systems!

Really great people... can't believe all those fake negative reviews would ever write such trash about this great place.

Cons

Doing the Deltek everyday can be tedious sometimes. It's not a Google or Facebook yet.

Advice to Management

[Like]

3. "The People's Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aldie, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aldie, VA

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for experienced folks, great office space, flexible work schedule, has work from home options if required, good 401K, better than average medical/dental/vision plans, talented resources, and amazing people managers who care for your needs and career growth

Cons

If you find shortcomings here, you will find it everywhere. If you complain here you will complain everywhere. There are very few cons and managements is ready to take in input to solve them. Very few cons and I dont want to name them.

Advice to Management

Continue the great job you have been doing to harness the culture, people and technology. You will continue to be a great place to work!

"Software Developer Intern"

Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Fairfax, VA

I worked at REI Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues very friendly and helpful. Human Resources and even training department is excellent. Balanced work load and lots of new things to learn from.

Cons

No big cons about the company.

6. "Wonderful place to work in the DC area!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sterling, VA

Pros

Great benefits, really smart colleagues, flexible working hours, work that makes a difference in the real world even though it's government. I really enjoy working there.

Cons

Most projects use somewhat older technology, located far from DC, Need more conference rooms for group meetings

Advice to Management

Communicate what's going on across the company more often. Have more corporate events. As the company grows, keep the start up culture.

REI Systems Response

Oct 26, 2015 – REI's People Services Team

It makes our day to hear from someone like you, and we thank you for your advice. As you know “making a difference” is a major feature of our company vision and we’re glad to know that you share our ... More

"REI is great!!!"

I have been working at REI Systems full-time

Pros

REI Systems is truly a great place where they take care of you (the benefits are amazing! they have street fighter in the lounge! and all the tea you can drink!!! I highly recommend working here if you want to be a software engineer!

Cons

Timesheets are sometimes tedious five words

Advice to Management

Keep growing please! Also, the company website reisystems.com should have the URL shorted so that the /Pages/default.aspx is removed

"Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Principal Business Analyst in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Business Analyst in Sterling, VA

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with great benefits, growth opportunities, and a responsive management.

Cons

In a business park - not a lot of retail/restaurants around.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Proud to Work at REI Systems!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Pros

I've been an employee at REI for 8 years and I'm very proud to say this. No company is perfect but REI really goes the distance to make employees happy. Winning one of the Top Workplaces award really exemplifies this. It was the employees who provided the nominations so that tells you that the majority of the staff enjoy working here. My assumption is that many of the negative remarks posted here are by employees who were asked to leave REI because they were poor performers and also it looks like a small number of these employees are putting up multiple posts to drive REI's rating down.

Cons

Some managers could benefit from soft skills training so they can better relate to their employees. The 360 review process and the hiring of a professional/personal coach is helping to address this need.

Advice to Management

Continue to make investments in our employees. We have come a long way in the last 2 years and it really shows. Please keep this positive momentum going!

"Amazing Workplace (so happy that we finally got the recognition in top work places)"

Current Employee - Manager in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sterling, VA

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working people, great benefits, awesome teams/culture
    The founder of the company has hired a fulltime people coach to give support to the employees...seriously who does that? This is how much the management cares about their employees
    Well deserved recognition for being ranked number 11!!!

Cons

Some managers are micro managers - but last year has been all about improvement in this area

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - listening to all your emlpoyees

"My positon at REI keeps Beautifully Unfolding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Pros

nice offices, open mindset of my boss, willingness to experiment and try new things, earnest co-workers

Cons

Sometimes the owners/leaders of the company are only 90% willing to walk the walk

Advice to Management

Enforce accountability in small ways. Yes, modeling it is important, yet there are times when some small unilateral rules are needed