RERC Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "RERC"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RERC gave me an opportunity with virtually no real estate experience and almost six years later, I couldn't be any happier with my time here. The company has been extremely supportive in helping me advanced my career and management has done an excellent job growing the company and putting us in an excellent position today. Two main aspects of job fulfillment, work/life balance and compensation have never been an issue working here. I enjoy the work I am doing and the many perks of the job including travel and the prestige of working with some of the nation's largest real estate purchasers and investors. RERC provides a great environment and is comprised of many great professionals and I would recommend it to any friend or individual seeking to get into or already in the industry.

Cons

There have not been any major cons during my time here at RERC. The transition to Situs was challenging but looking back on it two years later, things have definitely been for the best.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked with the most recognized clients in our industry. Always given support/encouragement to grow as fast as my skill level allowed. You learn client service and how to provide solutions to complex situations. Great culture as most professionals have been with RERC their entire career.

Cons

There are very intelligent and driven professionals that have advanced degrees from prominent universities and have multiple designations that include the CFA, MAI, CRE, FRICS, CCIM and others. It is a firm driven to be best in class and that is demonstrated from the top down to entry level analyst. Be prepared to be challenged throughout your career at RERC.

Advice to Management

It is a great culture and people genuinely care for one another. I attended weddings of many of my colleagues, shared when new additions are made to families and we have been there for one another during tough times.

Given RERC is part of a larger firm now, do not forgot the roots of this great firm.

3. "Working at RERC"

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RERC is a great place to work if people really want to learn about commercial real estate and valuation. The management of the company really are experts with many years of experience. The company stresses high quality of work and the work is challenging and stimulating. The staff are a tight knit group capable of big results. The atmosphere is collaborative, fun, and lively. RERC management is transparent, fair, and honest. They really do care about all of the staff at every level. Growing company with great opportunities.

Cons

Really have not experienced much downside.

"Great people and culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at RERC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are second to none! The culture if very familial, and it is a young group that works hard and plays hard. People that deserved to get promoted or recognized almost always did. Learned a ton.

Cons

Hours can be a little longer at times since consulting work ebbs and flows.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Challenging work, family atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From the moment I started working here I felt like there was a desire to get me to learn and contribute in meaningful ways. There is no protectionism at this company, upper management is always looking to let you shine and grow. Because of this I have been able to advance many times and truly feel that the company will do whatever they can to help me achieve my goals. The culture here is also one of the greatest parts, as it feels like family and you can always share a laugh with any of your co-workers to help keep things upbeat, even when busy.

Cons

It is truly difficult to find cons, RERC is very open to change and surveys employees to learn about concerns and improve. Vacation and health insurance have improved dramatically over the years, and RERC has been flexible to accommodate employees that may be dealing with special circumstances.

Advice to Management

The family atmosphere that has been present since day 1 has been paramount to RERC’s success and employee retention. Everyone works hard, but that work feels more meaningful knowing you are all part of a team striving for the same goals. As long as we all continue to cultivate the culture, I think it would be fair to assume similar results and retention.

6. "The real deal"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work is top of mind and should absolutely be mentioned as a positive. The firm has a reputation for being among the most technically capable for good reason. RERC is a place wherein you learn from (and work alongside) some of the most achieved professionals in the commercial real estate industry. The benefits of this are truly immeasurable. Also of note is that positive professional attributes, as well as good character, are recognized and rewarded. The professional atmosphere breeds openness, kindness, honesty, intelligence, and technical refinement at the highest levels.

Cons

As one of the most trusted advisors in the commercial real estate industry, many institutions seek counsel with RERC. As a result, the workload can mount. Management, to their credit, works hard to identify areas to alleviate pressure, and the general work atmosphere is collegial, as well as understanding and supportive.

Advice to Management

Maintain high standards and the emphasis on technical expertise, while supporting those who work hard to uphold these standards. Work closely with those forging their young careers at the firm on a pedagogical basis concerning technical nuance, as it is beneficial for the long-term future of the firm. Remain always open to inquiry and discussion.

7. "RERC = Success"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

RERC is constantly challenging the status quo and striving to be the best firm in the real estate valuation and consulting industry. This includes expanding the services offered, internally driving technology to new levels, and hiring bright professionals. Existing staff is encouraged to advance professionally by paying for classes and obtaining designations. The larger SItus organization is supportive, focusing on client development and growth of RERC and all business lines. Transparency is also very prevalent, as the company has quarterly meetings for all staff where they go over detailed firm financials, so everyone knows how different business lines are performing. Explanations are presented by leadership for both positive and negative results. Great benefits for all, and performance bonuses for high performers. Overall, a very dynamic and fun place to work.

Cons

Due to a focus on being a market leader by staying at the forefront of industry innovation, change is very prevalent throughout the organization. These changes have a strategic purpose, but may be uncomfortable for those that don't embrace this type of environment.

Advice to Management

Continue with a transparent, ambitious philosophy that will allow our employees and the company to become the best they can be.

8. "Great Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Director in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Director in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* The people and culture - teamwork environment, people willing to pitch in at crunch time
    * Management cognizant of individuals different career aspirations and interests in terms of work-life balance
    * Great opportunities for professional growth - company's year over year growth has been substantial
    * Good benefits
    * Direct exposure to clients
    * Ability to provide feedback and help shape procedures and methods to improve the execution of engagements
    * Learning opportunities are significant - from broad property level commercial real estate valuation down to debt and equity interest valuation.

Cons

No longer a small company

Advice to Management

Keep identifying and rewarding innovation, significant contributors and high potential individuals.

9. "RERC Review"

Current Employee - Analyst in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Analyst in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at RERC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RERC has little to no ego (great humility) among its professionals and encourages critical thinking in all facets of its business segments. "Speak softly and carry a big stick," may be a fitting motto for many of the analysts and directors here. There is tremendous respect for what the early employees have built at Situs RERC. Terrific future growth opportunities for RERC. Good education reimbursement.

Cons

Continue to diversify the workplace and culture at RERC.

Advice to Management

Do not forget your roots and continue to be your intelligent, humble selves.

10. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Analyst in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at RERC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are welcoming and management is knowledgeable, which provides a great atmosphere to learn and gain experience. RERC is a great place to pursue a career in real estate.

Cons

Office hours are 7:30 to 5:00, with a mandatory 8.5 hour work day.

Advice to Management

I would abolish the 7:30 start time and mandatory 8.5 hour work day. RERC does a good job of recruiting talented people who are willing to go above and beyond and work extra hours when needed.

RERC Response

Feb 23, 2017 – Director - Operations

RERC has adjusted our standard office hours to 8:00 - 5:00. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for input from current employees and former employees to continue to make RERC a great... More