RES Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Al Monserrat

Pros
  • It is a great place to grow professionally (in 6 reviews)

• I think there are some good honest people at the company and they are trying hard, the people from EMEA are really nice, the Americans not so much (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Company suffers from an identity crisis (in 2 reviews)

• No effective messaging or positioning (in 4 reviews)

1. "Global leadership, Innovative technology, Great,great people to work with"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller company, growing fast.
    Innovative technology, in a category with explosive potential
    Passionate commitment to our customers, clearly evident in support and product development
    Top quality leadership
    Great people to work with
    Usually enough resources to get the job done

Cons

Growing pains, especially with an established European team who are now dealing with a growing international presence
    Market space is new, fast changing and not as yet well understood by the market
    You can always ask for more -- resources that it

Advice to Management

We're winning. Stay the course.

"RES Software is a fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - US Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - US Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RES Software has great people, a wonderful culture, awesome prodicts, and is growing explosively in the US. I have experience working for a few different software companies (large & small) and I can say hands-down RES Software is a great place to work!

Cons

No major negatives to report... just normal growing pains for a company heading into hypergrowth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing whatever you're doing!

"RES Great place to come to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with solid business plan.

Cons

Advancement can be challenging in some areas.

Advice to Management

Open communication is always appreciated.

"Established software company on the verge of hyper-growth"

Current Employee - Vice President in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Powerful IT management products that are easy for IT to deploy and use but which also greatly improve end-user experience and pecerption of IT
    -Loyal and passionate customer base that continues to expand their deployments of our software
    -Experienced team with the drive and the desire to to what it takes to make our customers, partners and employees successful

Cons

-We continue to build name recognition outside EMEA but have made tremendous progress in the last 12 months
    -Resources are a bit tight and we're growing fast but that's to be expected at this end of the hockey stick
    -Still somewhat of a challenge to explain things at the product level but our IT Store messaging is already helping to solve that

Advice to Management

Stay the course - we are on the right track!

"Great place to work with a lot of technical knowledge"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here at RES Software we are continuing to grow. The company has a great base in The Netherlands. The US team continues to grow and grow. The technical knowledge within the company is the best I have ever seen. Everyone works very hard as a team but we also have a good time doing so. This is one of the few companies where I have worked that they take great care of me (us) as employees. I am very proud to tell people who I work for and why. Everyone from upper management to the bottom is approachable and knowledgeable. There is plenty of room for advancement and a lot to look forward to in the future.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Everything you are doing is working very well. Keep up the great work and I look forward to many more years with the company.

"One of teh top organizations I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at fortune 500 companies as well as mom and pop. I have experienced being a number and being a contributor. RES has taken the best from organizations around the globe and built an amazing staff, that i have been so happy to work with. Your contributions are immediately felt, the company has great concern for its people. They treat all of their employees with respect. They have a growth path for their employees, and the benefits are among the best I've seen from an organization.

Cons

I don't have anything in the "con" area. The hardest hing about working at RES is that you have to WORK HARD, and in return you will reap the rewards!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the users, listen to your employees and customers and this ship that you have set sail will quickly become the fleet it is destined to be.

"Great company in hot space"

Current Employee - Providing Great Solutions for Customers in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Providing Great Solutions for Customers in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technology vision is way ahead. Same CTO for 14 years. CEO is the guy that built SAP in the US from 0 to a billion. Chairman is the guy that built Altiris from scratch. These guys could work anywhere and they work here. Says a lot about the company in my opinion. Very open culture where we can express our ideas to senior management. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

You need to be the type of person that can work in a very fast moving enviroment.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people that deal with the customers every day!

"Fun work-environment filled with exceptional people"

Current Employee - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RES provides any dedicated employee with various opportunities to grow on a professional level. No matter what the job title might say, each employee has the opportunity to impact the success of the company and gain valuable experience that can steer their career path in the direction they choose to. Personally, what I enjoy most is the fun work-environment and the exceptional people I am lucky to work with and learn from each day.

Cons

Not really a con but... the experience at RES is what you make out of it. Employees have to be resourceful and dedicated to become successful.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Inspiration at every turn."

Current Employee - AAGG
    Current Employee - AAGG

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at RES is exciting and electric. I have worked for one of the largest software vendors in the world, let's call them "M" and when I decided to leave the sanctity of that company I looked across a wide landscape of ISVs. All of them were smaller ISVs employing under 200 people. All of them had strong technology and were turning a solid profit. But out of all of them there was only 1 that had a culture that not only inspired creativity and involvement but it actually encouraged it. At RES I can wake up in the morning, have an idea for something new or different ways to do something. I send an e-mail out asking for the "team's" input and thoughts and almost immediately people are rolling up their sleeves and diving in. This is in sharp contrast to my previous experience where it took 18 months to get anything done.

If you are a bright, talented, motivated individual looking to join a team of like minded professionals this is the place for you. However, if you are a B player then you should move along. B players do not last long at RES.

Cons

I will be honest, not everything has always been a field of daisies fertilized with Unicorn droppings. We had sales leadership issues that caused the sales team to become demotivated. I am happy to report that the new leader is a stellar guy. His management style is fantastic and he inspires and motivates his team to elevate their competency to meet his level. It's not a coincidence that in his first quarter as leader the team exploded their number.

Every company has growing pains and RES is no different. But this is a 13 year old "start up" and still growing. These growing pains are better than shrinking pains, trust me.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing your stars and let them shine.

"Best group of people I have ever worked with"

Current Employee - Channel Manager-West in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Channel Manager-West in Denver, CO

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been involved selling RES since 2003, but only started at the company in 2011. After the change in leadership last year, I felt that I had finally found a long term home. The fact the we have a balance between technical vision (with the original author of the software still actively involved) and business accumen (heavy hitters from Wyse, Symantec, SAP, MS) I am fully convinced that this company is on its way to dominating the marketspace we are now pursuing. I have never been involved with a group of people that has shown so much mutual respect and forward momentum. Sure, we have our disagreements, but this is a team like no other

Cons

It has been a long, uphill struggle, and occasionally the time zone differences between the US and HQ create some response time challenges for customers and partners. That has changed in the short time I have been here, and I am sure it will continue to change for the better.

Advice to Management

I am convinced that we are about to have several record years in a row. Especially in light of what is happening in the market place. My only advice is to remember when we are flush with cash, to continue to give the technical team a lot of input as far as our direction. Let's not allow the investment bankers to steer us into the rocks, as some other, less fortuate companies in our market space have.