KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

RES Employee Reviews about "res"

Updated May 11, 2021

Found 13 of over 203 reviews

4.4
RES CEO Eduardo Medina (no image)
Eduardo Medina

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Several great people at Corporate to work with; field personnel and Superintendents also wonderful (most).(in 27 reviews)
  • "Great apprtunities and good benefits.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Pay and benefits are good.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great Teams to work with.(in 7 reviews)
  • "They are beginning to build an excellent culture for a new generation.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "res"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Proud to work for a company with great values!

Sep 18, 2019 - Executive Assistant in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with RES for several months and RES is a great company to work for. RES understands that its employees are the backbone of the company and there is a large focus on morale between employees, management and their families. RES’ values: Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence…are the foundation of its culture and these create a happy work place where there is room for growth and there is open teamwork between everyone. I work with the executives and I have not worked for a company where the leadership is as honest, approachable and fair as at RES. Safety is a huge part of its culture and they are passionate about sending everyone Home Safe Every Day! Not only RES provides an atmosphere that is fun and rewarding, it is building a better tomorrow for future generations and I am proud to be a part of it!

Cons

Any great company knows that creating a great workplace environment requires hard work and continuous improvements. As a growing company, RES faces many challenges but they have processes in place to work through these issues. It is not an easy task but I have seen how they have embraced those growing pains in order to build a healthy business.

2 people found this review helpful

RES

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear your experience at RES has been so positive and that our efforts to strengthen our culture are making a difference. We're always looking for ways to improve and recognize that it's important to understand the evolving needs of our employees as we work to meet the challenges of our industry.

2. 1.0

Terrible Company

May 11, 2021 - Human Resources Director in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, industry (renewables), location, 401k plan.

Cons

HR, little to zero support for professional development, terrible culture and morale, zero diversity. HR is a data entry team with little influence to make positive wholesale changes across RES. Tom Duckett is a strong leader (Head of Development). Rest of the Americas Leadership Team is sub-par focused on their next paycheck.

6 people found this review helpful

RES Response

It can certainly be challenging for former employees to reflect on their time with a business in a positive manner when it wasn’t their choice to leave. While we’re sorry you’ve chosen to frame your experience in this manner, we wish you well in your career and hope you find what you’re seeking.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unsound organization without pay equity, appropriate decision making or accountability.

Jul 15, 2020 - Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home options. Exposure to an innovative and exciting industry. Some serious experts in the technical teams. ILLUSION of opportunity, independence and flexibility.

Cons

Systemic discrimination by age and gender (and more) in pay, opportunities, and advancement/promotions. Pay is below market, with a few notable exceptions for white males. Wide pay gaps and no action to rectify, despite RES launching a ‘Gender Diversity’ program in 2018 after receiving pressure in the UK. Insufficient financial planning and spending to ensure business units will stay viable (regular layoff cycles in the US). Inappropriate decision making across the company, meaning lack of process and decisions are made at inappropriate levels in the company. Lack of organizational and management structure, which translates into a devastating lack of accountability. If you can get past all of the bigger organizational issues, the on-the-ground work isn’t much improved. Insufficient training and employee support. Serious transparency issues. No work/life balance - even though they offer a reasonable PTO package and WFH options, it does not guarantee you'll be able to use them. Great for autonomy and experienced developers; however, higher ups will end up making late decisions that compromise the project (timeline, budget, key stakeholder relationships) and generate costly rework. Even if they didn’t inform you, you will be accountable to make the changes, whether there’s more time or money available or not. There is consistent employee turnover in all levels and departments and it negatively impacts the projects. Technical teams do not fall under the same management as the Dev teams, meaning there is constant chain of command issues and the project suffers for it. If you're at a satellite office, expect this to be a regular issue and for work to progress on your projects at the main office without your input or knowledge. RES relies on hiring good people who will do more than what they're paid. They rely on those who go above and beyond to cover gaps in hiring, leadership, projects, and overall organizational shortcomings. They bleed those employees dry, (often on the carrot on a stick illusion of opportunity/advancement), while other employees are left unmonitored and unaccountable for their work. Ultimately, the promise of advancement doesn't mean much because decision making roles do not change and nearly all of these individuals are older white men from the UK. On-the-ground employees are the ones who pay the price when unsound decisions are made by these individuals. RES specifically makes decisions and policies that put employees in compromising positions without protection or leverage. Example 1: Development employees expected to build relationships and make project promises in the field, but higher ups will make late-in-the-game decisions that counter act that work without consulting the Dev team or considering the local damage. RES will be unaffected, but your reputation will be compromised and maybe your integrity too. Example 2: ask about their project bonus policy. Do not be surprised if you get the runaround, even though they may have used project bonus monies as expected income for you in hiring negotiations. Look at the loopholes (all policies) and know RES will leverage those to protect themselves – these policies are covertly made and are not made to protect your interests. RES has gone through periods of layoffs every couple of years, specifically timed in the year. Hypothetically, management could force the sale of assets/projects and then lay off the Dev team and not pay out thousands in project bonuses. Do not expect to receive a full severance package.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your individual experience at RES. Your feedback is important to help identify areas of opportunity to ensure a positive employee experience across RES. This is a challenging time for our industry, with companies having to evolve quickly to meet the pace of change. What does not change at RES is our firm belief that our talent is our best asset. We know success depends on all of us working together, in line with our values, to drive our business forward. Although you are no longer an active member of the RES team, your feedback continues to be important to this effort.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor work-life balance, Poor company structure at the management level.

Jul 8, 2019 - Field Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to a variety of construction and project management skills. Pay and benefits are good. Can make numerous helpful connections with other clients,subcontractors, and other employees.

Cons

Awful Work-life balance: Takes advantage of salaried employees (70 - 80 hr work weeks). Lack of self accountability in management - easy for supervisors/coworkers to scapegoat or take credit for someone else's work. Easy for an individuals good performance to go unnoticed. Unqualified employees in management. Poor management structure and employee performance review process. Harmful "Bro-Life" culture. Friendly/hard working employees WILL be taken advantage of and receive a heavier work load than others. I do not recommend taking this position at RES if you have a 4 year engineering degree and expecting an intellectually stimulating, technical job.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Declining company that has lost focus on its employees

May 2, 2019 - Electrical Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at RES for many years, the majority of which were very positive both for personal and professional growth. I developed many strong friendships and learned a wide array of skills that have helped me immensely in becoming a team manager at my current job. I thank RES for those years and mourn the decline of this once great company, which has been decimated by the current incompetent and disengaged leadership.

Cons

Senior management at RES has declined significantly since the leadership shake up in 2016. The family-ownership feel changed and employees became less valued and listened to. Solid management was dismissed (or left out of frustration) and cronies were brought in, one in particular who is an openly abusive, degrading, and incompetent jerk was consistently promoted up to his current position of Senior Vice President, in spite of numerous employee complaints and overall unprofessional behavior. This promotion alone is a great indicator of RES's decline and the detached nature of their new leadership and disinterest in its employees.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Feb 7, 2019 - Executive Assistant in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my role as an EA, I appreciate the growth opportunities I have been given at RES. I could not ask for better bosses and co-workers, and I appreciate the collaboration I have experienced in both the Finance team and the Development team. RES encourages passion and excellence as two of its primary values. I see this daily as I am given new and sometimes challenging tasks that expand my knowledge in many different areas within the company. In the 1-1/2 years I have been here, I have seen positive changes launching RES forward to become a more prosperous and cutting edge company. I am proud to be a part of this company and I look forward to many more successful years with RES. The renewable energy field is a very exciting field to be involved in. I appreciate the positive environmental impacts RES is creating all across the world !

Cons

The only "con" I can think of is the "growing pains" we go through at times as the company evolves. It's a great problem to have though and I think it shows the progression of the company as a whole. People at RES work hard, and also play hard...something I really appreciate in a company of this size!

7. 5.0

SE Salary

Sep 30, 2018 - Sales Engineer in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hands off management style and merit based environment.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons to working at RES.

8. 4.0

Great Place to work

May 2, 2018 - Purchasing Agent in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very cool place to work, great mission and for the most part great people to work with.

Cons

I took the job at RES at a lesser pay for the benefits, culture and the "green" work. Soon after I arrived the benefits started going down, Vacation/Sick to PTO, bonuses based less on personal work and more on company performance. Medical went up and raises were just OK. Advancement opportunities were bleak. Over and over again they would hire from outside rather than internal.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to get experience but do not work here long.

Apr 18, 2018 - Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can get a chance to work from scratch to finish of a project that adds a significant value in your knowledge. The contract, design, testing, construction experiences give you enough knowledge for your next move. Young co-workers - so you will not get bored.

Cons

A severe disconnection between engineering and project management and developers. Project management and developers ignore the engineering part and that leads to some funky bids for a project when submitted. So here's a billion dollar question - if you think that you are a Nobel Laureate who finds fun in doing innovative research 24/7, what are you doing at RES? Put your feet on the ground.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Project Egineer Intern

Sep 12, 2016 - Project Engineer Intern in Lubbock, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The overall environment of the workplace was very rewarding and helped me to learn and grow as an intern with the company. There were individuals on the project who helped me understand the different processes that went into constructing a wind farm as well as how to work well with others and be successful in the work place.

Cons

While my time on the project was very rewarding and beneficial there were some downsides to where I worked. When I first arrived because I was working along side the field administrative assistant and was placed in a trailer inputting data on a computer program for about 3-4 weeks. There would be times where I would be sitting in the trailer for 6-7 hours with nothing to do because the task I was placed with took me no more than 2 hours to complete . With that being said RES replaced the project engineer on site with a new project engineer. Once that change was made I was able to work alongside him and that helped me to grow exponentially as an employee and helped to gain knowledge about the project from many different angles.

1 person found this review helpful