RGIS Inventory Taker Reviews | Glassdoor

RGIS US and Canada Chief Executive Officer George Brown
George Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes with traveling it can suck being away for long hours (in 46 reviews)

• Even most managers are part-time (in 33 reviews)

1. "OK at best"

Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Columbia, SC

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Decent starting pay
    - Meet many new people
    - Go many places
    - Extremely flexible

Cons

- Unorganized command structure
    - Coworkers are usually very lazy
    - The hours are not steady at all
    - you have to use your car to travel for the most part

Advice to Management

I have a very nice manager, so I have very little to say. All I have to say is to choose new employees more wisely.

2. "Good if you don't want a reliable schedule"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your fast accurate and never late or sick or have a desire to schedule a moment to yourself they pay you for time worked.

Cons

Time worked doesn't include the first hour of travel, making sure your early, or the time you stand in a store waiting to be clocked in

They may randomly deny lunch or rest breaks to hit their contract time frames

Advice to Management

Treat employees better than the equipment.

"Inventory Auditor"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Merrillville, IN

I worked at RGIS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. I was hired quickly. They don't force employees to take drug tests. Can be ok for a short term job. Usually get a lot of hours in January if you want them. People can usually get away with calling off a lot at RGIS more than with most other employers. I worked with a lot of entertaining coworkers. I got to travel some and see a lot of different stores.

Cons

The varied hours can mess with your sleep schedule, if you're scheduled for any time. They don't pay people for the 1st hour each way they ride in the company van to go to and from a company event. A lot team leaders and managers are mean. A lot people who drive company vans drive poorly and some fall asleep while driving.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the APH system. Focus more on quality and accuracy rather than counting as fast as possible. Pay people for all of their ride time when riding in company vans to and from company events. Drug test people who drive company vans. Management needs to stop allowing bad drivers to drive company vans. They need to train everyone better including management.

4. "Insane schedule"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in North Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in North Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RGIS part-time

Pros

It is good that they hire anyone who can count to 10. Anyone who is capable of working can get hired in an instant.

Cons

The schedule for this job is crazy. There can be a LOT of driving, travelling in dangerous conditions, and very little time to eat a healthy meal. Many employees spend a significant part of their paychecks buying junk food from vending machines as their only meal.
    Once, I was returning home from a shift in a company car. The manager who was driving had been working for 2 days straight with no sleep. We were going home in blizzard-like conditions at 2am, and he was dozing off as he was driving. After that, I refused to work out of town.
    Besides the dangerous driving conditions, we don't get paid for the first hour on the road. So, between going to the job and returning, that is two hours of my time when I don't get paid for going to work.

Advice to Management

Create a scheduling program where employees can sign up to work jobs that are close to home. It would be more efficient for everyone than shipping Fort Wayne employees to Indianapolis and Indianapolis employees to Chicago.

"Inventory Auditor"

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor Taker, Trainer in Nederland, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor Taker, Trainer in Nederland, TX

I worked at RGIS (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, team environment, friendly management

Cons

Never know what your schedule is going to be. Busy in the winter and super slow in the summer. Pay Is low and the caliber of people hired is not the best.

Advice to Management

Run better background and drug tests and this will help the overall look of your employees when they walk into a store. Aim for college students.

6. "inventory taker"

Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Boston, MA

Pros

Quick hire nothing else good to say..

Cons

No hours and bad management. Hours are not set and schedule is not flexible.

Advice to Management

Don't see any opportunity for advancement.

7. "Just a job- don't stay long."

Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Marietta, GA

I have been working at RGIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire anyone. So if you need a temporary job then go for it.

Cons

The management sucks. The coworkers are petty. BUT if you need a job until something better comes along go for it.

8. "They'll take anybody"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Jackson, MS

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They'll take anybody. Lots of opportunity for hours. not the worst job you could have.

Cons

on feet for hours at a time. they don't care about your health issues. counts go longer than planned. few breaks. standing for hours.

Advice to Management

learn to better organize. learn to accommodate those that need it. stop the employees from sleeping together. catch the thieves among you.

"inventory intaker"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker

Pros

Great team members, Nice mangers, long hours during inventory season( which is moree money) Great company

Cons

Standing on your feet long period of times.

"Unprofessional Behavior"

Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Brewer, ME
    Former Employee - Inventory Taker in Brewer, ME

Pros

I cannot think of any positive reasons to take a position at this company. Unless of course, you are an aspiring dictator with misogynistic tendencies. In that case, management at this company would be a good option for you.

Cons

My employment with this company lasted exactly one day, which was my "training" day. There were three other new hires, all male (I am female). There was a fair amount of guffawing and boys' club-type interactions between the male hires and the Satellite Manager of district 357 (also a male). We watched some standard training videos and then went on the sales floor of a local Kmart to practice counting. The manager continuously praised one of the associates who was doing really well, and kept telling another associate about some construction project he was setting him up with (to my knowledge, nothing to do with RGIS). The third associate was having a fair amount of trouble with his counts, and the manager kept telling him "don't worry, you'll get it". However, all I got was harassment. I was reprimanded for looking for him to find out where to go next when I had finished counting an area. Apparently, I was expected to just have the innate knowledge that I was to start on a new area without asking first, despite not being told this. Of course, when one of the guys did the same thing, it was perfectly fine. I was told to hurry and have a better sense of "urgency" because my scans per hour were only 397, when they were supposed to be 600 ... even though I had only just learned to use the scanner and had only been using it for about 20 minutes. The guy scanning next to me had less than 200 scans per hour, but apparently that was fine in his case. We moved on from apparel to grocery and were each given our own section to scan. I finished mine, the manager was nowhere to be seen, so I moved on to a new section. After all, I had been scolded for not moving on earlier. However, when he came back, shame on me! I should never do something without asking first. Also, I was continuously berated for looking at the keypad WHICH I HAD NEVER USED BEFORE. I suppose it would have been better to not look at it, and key in the wrong numbers? Two of the guys were looking at their keypads, but the manager had no problem with them at all. I don't know if the issue he had with me was that I was a woman, or if he just didn't like me. I was so glad when the day was over that I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I knew that there was no way that I wanted to work for someone who showed such obvious favoritism. Which is just as well, because I was never put on the schedule or contacted in any way after this.

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly, and do not show obvious favoritism. Give new hires longer to get used to the equipment and get their speed up. Three hours is not going to be enough time for a lot of people to be able to meet such high expectations. And if you decide someone is not going to work out, be professional and let them know.