RGP Management Consultant Reviews

5.0
RGP  CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of RGP and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Professional

Jan 28, 2021 - Human Resource Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very professional, stay on trend with latest technologies and legal impacts, work hard to keep a remote workforce engaged.

Cons

As in any consultant position you can be your own island and must stay engaged with your RGP project contact.

RGP Response

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are an agile organization, continuously learning and evolving to best support our team members' and clients' needs.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Get ready for disappointment - they say they have an opportunity, that's all it is, that's not a job - bench

Mar 20, 2009 - Management Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

You might get lucky and they have a real position to put you into! If they do, you get paid hourly like any other contractor.

Cons

They recruit you using language like a permannet position saying "We have an opportuinty with a Client for a position doing Planning". What they really mean is this - if you are willing to go thru our background check, we will build a profile from your resume to try to create demand to start a project up with this client. We will pay you nothing and you are expected to help win the business you thought we had that we were recruiting you for. Also, their Medical Insurance does not kick in until you have been working there for 60 days! If you are on the bench, you are unemployed period. My career planners warned me about this - I tried it out for myself. It is true. There were more people on the bench (looking for a job anywhere they could find it) but Resources Global still counted them as their resource. The consultant bears all the risk here in this relationship. It is very misleading.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Management Consultant

Apr 8, 2013 - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of assignments. Ability to preview companies you might consider working for directly. Focus is on accomplishing tasks, not becoming involved in office politics. Take assignments that truly fit your skills. Paid by the hour, and overtime is time and a half. We all work long hours, by in consulting, you are compensated for them.

Cons

Down time between assignments can be longer than desired. Some people in the client organization may feel threatened by the presence of a consultant - the "why does management think we need you" mind set. of course, insecure people are going to be insecure with their fellow employees as well.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Supply Chain Consultant

Dec 26, 2016 - Supply Chain Management Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Management treats their employees with respect and makes them feel valued. Very supportive of your personal life/family needs.

Cons

None noted at this point.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding and supportive company.

Dec 7, 2016 - Management Consultant, Implementation Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptional benefits, intelligent and supportive management and colleagues. Intellectually stimulating.

Cons

Wish I had a corporate credit card.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay when active

Apr 24, 2017 - Human Resources Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of Flexibility, good pay opportunities with a decent benefits package that the company pays for while waiting between engagements.

Cons

Uncertainty of length of "on the bench" time while in between assignments. Communication not always the best regarding ending an engagement

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Consultant

Apr 13, 2016 - Management Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

RGP provides good benefits: Medical, dental 401k, vacation - typical consumed during extended bench time.

Cons

Extended bench time between assignments. Decreasing number of interim C level or upper management level assignments.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Communications Consultant

Mar 25, 2016 - Management and Communications Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about making sure you have quality work assignments

Cons

They have limited consultant opportunities available

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great People

Sep 8, 2016 - Management Consultant in Phila, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working with multiple clients

Cons

Time off between gigs and not getting paid

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Jun 27, 2016 - Management Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, decent pay, benefits, and training available.

Cons

Not enough projects and work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews