RGP Management Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
RGP  CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene
0 Rating
  1. "Supply Chain Consultant"

Supply Chain Management Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at RGP for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Management treats their employees with respect and makes them feel valued. Very supportive of your personal life/family needs.

Cons

None noted at this point.

Advice to Management

Work to improve starting salaries for consultants.

RGP2016-12-26

"Great People"

Management Consultant in Phila, PA

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Great working with multiple clients

Cons

Time off between gigs and not getting paid

Advice to Management

More sales please

RGP2016-09-08
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Good place to work"

Management Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at RGP for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, decent pay, benefits, and training available.

Cons

Not enough projects and work.

RGP2016-06-28
  5. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at RGP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

RGP provides good benefits: Medical, dental 401k, vacation - typical consumed during extended bench time.

Cons

Extended bench time between assignments. Decreasing number of interim C level or upper management level assignments.

RGP2016-04-13

"Management Consultant"

Current Contractor - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RGP for more than a year

Pros

Variety of assignments. Ability to preview companies you might consider working for directly. Focus is on accomplishing tasks, not becoming involved in office politics. Take assignments that truly fit your skills. Paid by the hour, and overtime is time and a half. We all work long hours, by in consulting, you are compensated for them.

Cons

Down time between assignments can be longer than desired. Some people in the client organization may feel threatened by the presence of a consultant - the "why does management think we need you" mind set. of course, insecure people are going to be insecure with their fellow employees as well.

Advice to Management

RGP is a great company to work for! They look for experienced talent, who want to work. No young college kids trying to figure out what they want to be when (if) they grow up.

RGP2013-04-08

"Get ready for disappointment - they say they have an opportunity, that's all it is, that's not a job - bench"

Management Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at RGP

Pros

You might get lucky and they have a real position to put you into! If they do, you get paid hourly like any other contractor.

Cons

They recruit you using language like a permannet position saying "We have an opportuinty with a Client for a position doing Planning". What they really mean is this - if you are willing to go thru our background check, we will build a profile from your resume to try to create demand to start a project up with this client. We will pay you nothing and you are expected to help win the business you thought we had that we were recruiting you for. Also, their Medical Insurance does not kick in until you have been working there for 60 days! If you are on the bench, you are unemployed period. My career planners warned me about this - I tried it out for myself. It is true. There were more people on the bench (looking for a job anywhere they could find it) but Resources Global still counted them as their resource. The consultant bears all the risk here in this relationship. It is very misleading.

Advice to Management

Be up front. The only difference between you and the low end contract firms is that Resources Global does do a more strenous check - but you offer less in many cases than the low end contract firms. Youoffer more to the client, and the employees get much less. Resources Global needs to be an actual Employer - not an over rated Subcontracting firm.

RGP2009-03-20