Cover image for RGP
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

RGP Employee Reviews about "no pay"

Updated Nov 28, 2022

McKinsey & Company

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and the stock purchase plan can be lucrative when the stock price is rising.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with in a very collaborative environment(in 67 reviews)
  • "Great culture and client base.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good since most clients only want you to work 40 hours and any overtime is paid at time and a half.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Good Pay but not the same annually if you stay on the bench for some time.(in 29 reviews)
Cons
  • "Little communication on upcoming projects when consultants are on 'the bench'.(in 9 reviews)
  • "no training provided, only hired like a recruitment broker(in 7 reviews)
  • "No bonus since project based.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Clear career pathing can be improved, better systems though what is used is very well(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of RGP and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Best Company I have ever worked for

Nov 28, 2022 - Client Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

RGP is a company that cares not only about your success but also values work-life balance. The people at RGP do not compare to anywhere else I have worked. It is a very inclusive environment that feels like a family. They care about you at RGP!

Cons

The compensation set up can be a little frustrating for some.

2. 4.0

Accounting consultant

Nov 16, 2022 - Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay more than most consulting companies and really great way to gain experience.

Cons

Not great at keeping you working consistently. When I was hired I was told I'd have no gaps in work. I've had extended gaps after every project, from 1-5 months.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you feel supported as you grow your expertise and with a salary aligned with your experience. Our model allows clients to harness the human agility they need to transform and offers talent the radical flexibility and control they demand. However, we do realize that the model may come with challenges and is not always right for everyone.

3. Join the RGP team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

General Overview

Oct 26, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company values Leadership walks the talk for the most part

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities Average pay

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. Our people are our greatest asset, and we're proud of our incredible culture at RGP. Our approach to compensation is founded on a "pay for success" philosophy. We regularly conduct thorough analyses, inclusive of broad competitive benchmarking against a relevant, targeted competitive set that is then leveraged across all levels of the organization to ensure market competitiveness and internal equity. We are also investing heavily in career pathing to ensure that all of our team members feel supported to succeed at every stage of their career.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Low Profile Agency With Excellent Talent

Oct 21, 2022 - Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talent - lots of senior-level talent from business and consulting sectors. Human - People get along. Management supports their people. Low politics. Flexibile - people often create and build new services with the full support of the organization.

Cons

I could probably make more money elsewhere. RGP is good for those who want a good work/life balance.

6. 3.0

Great Company but Time On the Bench is Brutal

Oct 27, 2022 - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the work and people.

Cons

No pay on the bench.

SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our human-first culture helps us maintain an excellent client roster with team members that exude our LIFE AT values of loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent. Our model allows clients to harness the human agility they need to transform and offers talent the radical flexibility and control they demand. However, we realize that the model may come with its challenges and potentially not be a fit for everyone.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lost company culture

Oct 27, 2022 - Managing Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Once upon a time, it was a great place to work

Cons

Leadership doesn't value feedback. Culture is lost.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our people are the heart of our organization and the reason for our success. We endeavor to always support our team members and create an environment driven by open communication and honesty. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.

8. 4.0

Oct 12, 2022 - Associate General Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company to work for.

Cons

Upward mobility limited for some.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. We are investing heavily in career pathing to ensure that all of our team members feel supported to succeed at every stage of their career.

9. 3.0

Independence

Oct 24, 2022 - Finance Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- For a consulting practice, the benefits are quite nice with a 401k and ESPP program - Local teams are friendly and supportive

Cons

- Holiday pay is very limited. If you work with a company that has more paid holidays, you have to take PTO or not work and be unpaid for those days - Resources for professional development or training is lacking for some industries the company contracts for

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. Our consultants are on the front lines, playing a meaningful role for our clients—doing the hard work of solving problems, executing plans, and transforming organizations. We do our best to support you in all your endeavors. We believe that strong communication, aligning you with projects that fit your skills and lifestyle needs, and competitive salary and benefits are all important parts of that. We do offer a competitive Paid Time Off Program in which you can use the time for any purpose, including extended holiday needs. We are also investing heavily in career pathing and professional development to ensure that all of our team members feel supported to succeed at every stage of their career.

10. 5.0

Excellent Opportunity with Less Stress

Oct 1, 2022 - Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Competitive Pay, hourly rate so paid Overtime. I don’t make the same pay as a sitting CFO/Controller, but the life balance is 1000% better. Good trade off depending on where you are in life and career. 2. Get to choose assignments. 3. Flexible with ability to choose how many hours you want to work per year. 4. Company 401k match is okay at 50% up to 3% of pay (would say 4-5% limit would be more competitive with other large firms) 5. PTO earned and is competitive. After 4-5 years about 4 weeks of PTO with 2,000 hours worked. Starting out is sort of low at about 2 weeks (seasoned professionals are used to 3-4 weeks). 6. Maintain health care for 3 months without working. 7. Colleagues are professional. 8. No office or boardroom politics. That is a huge plus for me personally.

Cons

1. I find the healthcare options expensive relative to my spouse/past. 2. No paid sick time (this really should be addressed, not competitive). 3. Unpaid “bench time” if you are not assigned to a client. You have to file for unemployment. I’ve not experienced any bench time as of yet. My local office does a great job providing me with client assignment opportunities.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. Our consultants are on the front lines, playing a meaningful role for our clients—doing the hard work of solving problems, executing plans and transforming organizations. We do our best to support you in all your endeavors. We believe that strong communication, aligning you with projects that fit your skills and lifestyle needs, and competitive salary and benefits are all important parts of that. We do offer a competitive Paid Time Off Program in which you can use the time for any purpose, including those occasions when you may be ill. We also regularly review our comprehensive offerings to employees and will make note of your feedback.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Superb

Sep 21, 2022 - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

A true, people first, consulting company that is more concerned with good relational fits for consultants as opposed to getting a consultant on contract.

Cons

Not really a con but you may be on the bench sometimes between projects

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. Our Consultants are on the front lines, playing a meaningful role for our clients. We appreciate your hard work and always aim to support you every step of the way.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with RGP Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at RGP? Share Your Experiences

Reviews by Job Title

RGP Photos

+ Add Photo
RGP photo of: Our Houston team started ringing in the holidays by attending the Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market event!
RGP photo of: Our NorCal Team hosted their first in-person Consultant happy hour in 3 years! This was a great opportunity for everyone to connect again face-to-face.
RGP photo of: RGP was a proud sponsor of the Houston Young Lawyers Foundation charity golf tournament. Wole Segun and Lauren Neal had a great day networking out on the course!
RGP photo of: RGP was proud to support the Annual Assyrian Food Festival, showcasing Assyrian traditions and food, shining a light on Assyrian heritage, and helping to preserve and pass on cultural traditions.
RGP photo of: Our Denver team hosted a happy hour to celebrate our Consultants. As you can see by the smiles, fun was had by all!

Affiliated Companies

Deloitte

3.9

89,138 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 861 RGP reviews submitted anonymously by RGP employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if RGP is right for you.