RGP Employee Reviews about "no pay"

Updated May 8, 2019

4.1
RGP  CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene
Pros
  • "Work life balance--get your job done; weekend work is not desired or expected(in 65 reviews)

• "Good benefits; you can refuse a role if it doesn't suit your career needs/goals; you can choose between being a road warrior or staying local(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bench time is too long between engagements(in 36 reviews)

• "No pay when you are not involved in projects(in 19 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "no pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Company that Cares about its Employees"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RGP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management does a great job making you feel connected to the company

Cons

No project means no pay, so stay engaged!

May 15, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with RGP. We have a passionate and driven group of team members committed to the success of our clients and fellow colleagues. We strive to support and connect you with one another, but also with work that matters so you can put your talents to their best use.

"Great company for broad experience"

Consultant

I worked at RGP for more than 5 years

Pros

Work with top companies. Good pay. Reputation for professional excellence. Time off between assignments.

Cons

Varying assignments and workplaces. Tight client deadlines. Must commit to duration of each assignment. No pay between assignments.

November 21, 2018SVP, HR

We enjoy hearing about what elements of our work environment create positive experiences for our employees as well as those which need continued focus. We appreciate you rolling up your sleeves and doing great work on tight deadlines--and more. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we'll leverage these insights as we continue to evolve RGP.

3. "Great place"

5.0

I have been working at RGP full-time

Pros

Great model allowing consultants to choose projects and locations.

Cons

No pay when not on a project

November 10, 2017VP, HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your perspectives and are happy to hear that your overall employment experience with RGP is positive.

4. "RGP"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Great benefits. Professional. The recruiting team will try to find you engagements that match your experience

Cons

No billable hours - no pay

Continue reading

"Accounting and Finance Consultant"

Consultant in Crosby, TX

I worked at RGP for more than 10 years

Pros

RGP is a great place to work. The benefits are comparable to most large companies. They work hard to place the consultants on projects.

Cons

No work, no pay. Saving for down time or "other income" in necessary during downs in the market.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RGP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting clients, nice co-consultants, flexibility. It's nice to have benefits.

Cons

No pay when they don't have a project for you. The rates they bill to the clients are higher than the competition so the opportunities are fewer.

Continue reading
  7. "A nice place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RGP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional environment Supportive Staff Team environment Good work life balance

Cons

No set time between engagements No pay for time on bench

"Here is my Take"

4.0
    Consultant

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Contract positions so you move from client to client which keeps it fresh. Someone else is following up on leads. If you want direct hire consulting you have to do the selling also. Pay is good wth overtime and you receive regular slate of employee benefits such as health, vacation and 401k match. Most engagements last much longer than originally planned. e.g. a 6 month contract may last 2 years. That would not be crazy. You are paid 1.5x for overtime hours. Jobs come fast. You can find out Thursday that on Monday your next gig starts. Great way to stay fresh and earn cash while you look for a permanent role. Sometimes your client may hire you as employee.

Cons

You only get paid when working on a client. You can find yourself out of work after an engagement ends for a few weeks. Sometimes there is no gap in assignments and sometimes there are. There are no bonuses. Each engagement the compensation can be different and must be negotiated by you. Overtime is key to the significant comp. 40 hours a week this pays in low $100's. If you can work 47-50 hours you can clear over $200,000 a year. But you have to consistently work 47-50 hours. If client restricts you to 40 you will make less than peers working 50 per week. Should get a commitment from client before engagement that 45 hours can be worked at a minimum. If you can get 47-50 commitment then great. What can happen is client sees invoice and sees 1.5x pay rate and after a few weeks they freak out and restrict hours. On expensive time sensitive engagements such as acquisition work this is not as much of a risk. Poll other consultants in office about pay rates if possible. It is critical to understand what rates are being paid so you know what to demand. I was paid $60/hour on some and $80 on another. The $80 was up to me because I knew the level of complexity and I could read that client was in a bind and not rate sensitive. You will never get paid for playing in golf outings here. If not working then no pay!

Continue reading

"Old school, out of date, stuck in the past- Non Consultant review"

1.0
    Former Employee - Client Service

I worked at RGP full-time

Pros

I worked not as a consultant but client service. they have some really marvelous people that are hired here, but never seem to keep them long.

Cons

The turnover rate internally is extremely high. People come in with very high hopes but quickly realize how antiquated the company is with no pay increases, mediocre bonuses, antiquated systems, no training and no performance management system. In short the company has no infrastructure and doesn't invest in its people. They want to grow but there is no way they can if they don't fix the major internal issues they have...which start at the top.

"Recruiting Director"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at RGP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very friendly people. Internal staff does not work on commission. Consultants work locally. Work is primarily managed locally not by corporate. Consultants have the freedom to solve problems as they see fit without adhering to an RGP methodology.

Cons

No pay increases for internal staff. Unpaid downtime for consultants. No performance reviews for consultants or internal staff. Antiquated systems.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 English Reviews