RGP Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

4.2
RGP  CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene
Pros
  • "Work life balance--get your job done; weekend work is not desired or expected(in 66 reviews)

• "Very good benefits and home office support(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bench time is too long between engagements(in 37 reviews)

• "No pay when you are not involved in projects(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of RGP and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Dec 10, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work Work life balance

Cons

lack of structure in process

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture, hard to advance

Jan 12, 2021 - Consultant in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work life balance, although clients can be an issue due to pay structure

Cons

Pay is below industry standard in most cases

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We operate with a human-first approach and believe in the importance of supporting our people as they achieve personal goals and deliver impactful results that power our clients, people and business success. We strive to align compensation with the commensurate skill sets and work that our Consultants perform for our clients, while maintaining a desirable level of balance and flexibility.

3. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

You have to take the bad with the good

Dec 12, 2019 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Time off between assignments allows for work/life balance; if you are winding down your career, and can be flexible about low(er) or erratic comp, this could be a perfect option - Good clients; great bonds with other consultants and client employees - Consultants have a say in where they will travel and how many hours they are willing to work (OT or none). Part time is possible, but not likely. - Don't need to take the politics home with you; work hard, go home, don't think about it until morning - Satisfying feeling being able to make a positive difference/help clients - Client service managers stay in touch, bring lunch, and are generally a nice and supportive group of people

Cons

- Long (count on 6-8 weeks or more) unpaid down time between assignments; if you need a steady revenue stream, this isn't for you - leadership/senior mgmt. is poor; constant changes in direction and focus, they can't seem to settle on an identity or a business model. The latest "human" thing, regardless of what you think of it, was played out, several other companies came to market sooner i.e. bank human Forget the gimmicks. Attract and pay talented, high integrity people across the firm, hold everyone to results. - seems like a huge, multi layered and ever changing back office team(s) - expense base too large for revenues - massive margins asked of clients (required by last point) generate ill will with consultants who are delivering the revenues and making less than half of bill rates. Clients pass on assignments due to high bill rates, leads to missed opportunities and bench time for Consultants.

SVP, HR

While we understand our model may not be for everyone, our dedicated team works hard to support our Consultants and align them with projects best suited to their skills, passions and lifestyle. As an organization, we are constantly evolving so that we can best serve the needs of our team members and clients. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We wish you a very happy holiday season.

4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great Company

Sep 2, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance on most consulting engagements, exposure to different companies and build diverse skills

Cons

Downtime between engagements. Usually 0-2 months if you are marketable.

SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our model allows our team members to build their careers in a way that aligns best to their strengths, passions, career goals and lifestyle needs. We will share your advice with our leadership team.

5. 1.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

To the Power of Human??? Consultants are treated like numbers, not people

Jul 21, 2020 - Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to work with high-profile clients, work-life balance can be good depending on the client

Cons

Highly unorganized: RGP embodies the saying, "the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing." Between Client Directors, Senior Management, Talent Management (HR), Project Leads, and Career Champions, communication and operating procedures are an absolute mess. Career Champions, despite their title, have minimal (if any) impact on your career. The purpose and utility of this role is a mystery to me. Management consistently over-promises and under-delivers. Commitments to incentives and future roles rarely come to fruition.

SVP, HR

At RGP, we believe in the importance of building strong human connections and work hard to create an environment where all team members feel supported each and every day. We're sorry to learn that this was not your experience. Should you have additional feedback to share, we invite you to reach out to ER@rgp.com to have further discussion.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

RGP--give RGP an opportunity to work with and serve you!

Jan 6, 2020 - Vice President in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bright, capable, articulate RGP leadership and team members Client focus on getting the job done efficiently and effectively, without drama Solid tools and resources for support Work life balance--get your job done; weekend work is not desired or expected. Right to say no--hourly employees can choose to accept an engagement or not, depending on personal preferences and desires.

Cons

Seasonal nature of some client work, so some slow periods (e.g. April) Need to speak up if you need help / assistance. (RGP leadership can't read your mind:)

SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your dedication to RGP!

7. 5.0

Great Company, Benefits & People in Local Offices

Dec 12, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A wonderful company to work for. If you are experienced, good at what you do, and can handle clients like a consultant should, you will LOVE to work for RGP. You can be engaged on a project as long or as short as you like. And you choose whether you want an assignment or not - allowing you the work/life balance others dream for. Great group of people to work for and with!

Cons

Need to stay engaged in order to receive benefits. So if you are good at what you do, make no mistake, the local office will find another engagement for you to work on. They are 100% incented to do so. If you are only average, this may not be the right place for you.

1 person found this review helpful

SVP, HR

Thank your for your feedback. Our Talent and Revenue teams work hard to ensure that you are aligned to projects that fit your skills, passions and lifestyle. We sincerely appreciate your dedication to RGP and wish you a happy holiday season.

8. 5.0

An Honest, Flexible, Growth Culture

Feb 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues Work-life balance Movement within the company to match your skills Great benefits Diversity matters

Cons

Spent too long trying to think of one

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. As CEO Kate Duchene said, "Our ability to attract talented humans to our organization from very diverse backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives makes us a stronger company."

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

My Experience at RGP

Dec 11, 2019 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is friendly, collaborative, and transparent. Executive leadership does a good job valuing team members as people and professionals. There is a priority placed on work-life balance. Our consultant partners are seen and treated as part of the family. Their expertise and feedback is appreciated and respected.

Cons

Brand awareness/external marketing has only recently become a top priority so recognition in the marketplace is sometimes lacking, but improving.

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and contributions to RGP. The people at RGP are what sets our organization apart. We are proud of the kind, collaborative and intelligent humans that make up our team. We will continue to drive awareness into the impact of our people and invest in your success. Happy holidays!

10. 4.0

Fantastic diversity at the C Level

Feb 20, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm proud to work for a company that has such strong diversity in the C Suite. Additional positives: -Career path for those who work for it -Work/life balance -Shared vision and shared strength - no one is phoning it in

Cons

-Compensation is below market and total rewards package is behind the times -Accountability and transparency are getting better but have a ways to go

SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to RGP. We are proud to set the tone for diversity and inclusion from the top of our organization as we believe that being a diverse and inclusive company is not only the right thing to do, but that it also gives us a competitive advantage and helps us better serve our clients. We believe in a "pay for performance " philosophy, and we conduct an internal compensation analysis every year to ensure market competitiveness and internal equity.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews