RGP "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

RGP  CEO Kate Duchene
Kate Duchene
  1. "Good internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Irvine, CA

I worked at RGP for more than a year

Pros

The staff at the RGP corporate office are professional and friendly. I really enjoyed working with them. It was a good learning experience, and the wage was fair for an intern. Plenty of parking. Work/life balance was great.

Cons

It's a bit of a cubicle farm, and I thought the location is bland. Not too many downsides to speak of. I left only because I realized it wasn't the right line of work for me.

Advice to Management

Honestly I was very happy with the management. Keep doing what you're doing.

RGP2015-10-09

"Consultant"

I worked at RGP full-time

Pros

Variety of assignments, interesting clients. Work life balance. Good benefits, travel is optional.

Cons

Same as all the other temp agencies. Lack of regard for the "meat on the street." Financially set up to benefit the directors over the consultants.

Advice to Management

go back to the old way when TEAL was a two way street.

RGP2015-04-26

"Consulting with work/life balance"

Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at RGP

Pros

Work on challenging projects for diverse clients while maintaining work/life balance.

Cons

Downtime between projects may be longer than desired.

RGP2015-01-21

"Internal Employee"

I worked at RGP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, good about work life balance. Some of my co workers were really brilliant. Nice location to my home.

Cons

Very closed culture, not a lot of communication. "Old boys club" in a lot of respects. The management seems to encourage a this closed off way of working.

Advice to Management

Foster a team atmosphere in the internal offices.

RGP2014-07-25

"Bait and Switch...Staff Augmentation all the way!"

I have been working at RGP full-time

Pros

In general the people in the field offices are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. As a company they do seem to recognize a work life balance.

Cons

RGP prides itself on competing with the Big 4 and touts their spin-off fromDeloitte in their presentations. However, the only time they compete with the Big 4 is when the Big 4 has gone downstream to play in a staff augmentation role or they want to "seed" an account. There is incredibly high turnover with Client Service Directors (salespeople) as many were hired to build strategic relationships with key accounts. Unfortunately, the management directive is extremely tactical and functions like a body shop. This explains why the #1 complaint by consultants is the downtime b/w engagements. Simply put, the work they are asked to do is NOT strategic to the client at all. Outside of Accounting and Finance most clients have never heard of RGP. So, to offer a price point that is significantly higher than their competitors with no real advantage over staff aug firms, why chose RGP? Clients have become hip to this and business always results in a bidding war over rates. They also emphasize multiple service lines (verticals) but, essentially sell accounting and finance temp work to everyone no matter what vertical. As a result, clients see there is no value add in doing business with RGP. If they need insight to better run their business they go with the Big 4, if they need a body to fill a role they consider staff aug firms.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting this myth that you operate and compete with the Big 4. Call it what it is and stop lying to people you hire and the consultants who perform the work. You are a staff aug body shop that is managed by short term vision with no strategic direction for industry growth outside of accounting and finance. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. You are what you are and the stock price proves this. Wake up!

RGP2014-05-19
  6. "A true partnership"

Former Contractor - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at RGP for more than 3 years

Pros

The Seattle team truly believes in building relationships with not only it's end customer, but the consultants too. For anyone in the Puget Sound area seeking to leave the FTE world and become a consultant, RPG - Seattle offers full benefits and a chance for true work-life balance.

Cons

Depending on your function/area of expertise you may need to play a more active role in finding your next assignment.

Advice to Management

Broaden your pipeline to include more East Side businesses. 25+mile/1 hr commutes cancels out any opportunity for work-life balance.

RGP2014-05-16

"Nice people, mediocre pay"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at RGP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people, good work-life balance

Cons

No room for growth esp. in operations.

Advice to Management

More room for growth esp. in operations; better pay for admins.

RGP2014-04-25

"Life as a consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RGP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice starting salary Variety of assignments Work-Life Balance Quarterly business meetings Courtesy Staff

Cons

"Bench time" between projects can be unsettling. Assignments can end abruptly Client relationships not solid

Advice to Management

Develop business model where consultants are compensated during their time "on the bench"

RGP2014-03-27

"Okay place to work"

I have been working at RGP

Pros

flexibility in assignments work life balance

Cons

uncertainty of next assignment and since you only get paid when placed on assignment, there is risk

RGP2014-03-12

"Good assignments - Satisfied with company when on assignment"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at RGP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance and interesting assignments

Cons

Poor communication from client service team. Sitting on the bench too long.

Advice to Management

Be more open as to status of pending assignments to consultants.

RGP2014-02-07