RISI Editor Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

Found 3 reviews

3.1
Dan Klein
  1. "In general, a positive, rewarding experience, working with quality co-workers and for a reputable firm."

Current Employee - Editor

I have been working at RISI

Pros

I enjoy independence and flexibility in my work area; feel I'm valued and respected by the company. We do appreciate the big-picture perspective provided regularly by the last two CEOs. A great place to work, all things considered.

Cons

Sometimes, the autonomy (we appreciate) leaves us disconnected from others in the company: We seldom bring together Indices and EA staff. Too much silo-effect. And we are insufficiently connected with our department managers. Example: we may not hear if our specific products are underperforming - or outperforming. More importantly, we lack clear leadership in some areas. Wish we had a 'champion' to grow our products...

Advice to Management

Content is king - yet we are under-staffed in some areas. Let's provide staff resources (and leadership) to make this a reality.

RISI2015-03-06
  2. "Power struggle between offices; Management doesn't value the soldier ants working at the bottom"

Former Employee - Editor in Boston, MA

I worked at RISI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary is quite competitive, lots of international travel opp

Cons

Every employee, however loyal and hardworking, is replaceable to management, and two managers said that in the open! Management at Brussels and Boston offices always pull rank and try to grab onto as much power. Too much gossiping happening between offices, resulting to valuable employees leaving. China office has too much drama, which filters to other offices. Career growth non existent.

Advice to Management

Look at your managers' spending closely to save on cost instead of just laying off employees. Value your low rank people!

RISI2017-02-08
  3. "News Editor"

Former Employee - News Editor in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at RISI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very lovely people and the senior level analysts and experts are very keen to help the young professionals.

Cons

Too many changes perhaps; leadership shuffles could make employees unsure of the company's future.

Advice to Management

all good. ^-^

RISI2017-02-20