RJS Associates Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Brad Earnest and John Reever

1. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started with the firm over 15 years ago. I had no idea what a Recruiter was or how much they could earn. I only knew that I was looking for unlimited earning potential while still being able to spend quality time with my family. Over the past 15 years RJS has provided me an opportunity to earn a great income while still being able to attend all my kids special events. It can be hard work at times but the rewards have made it more than worth it. There are a lot of Search Firms in CT but RJS is clearly a cut above the rest; the tenure of our Sr. Recruiters speaks volumes!

Cons

I'd like to see us continue to reach out to Sales People that could be a great fit for our company.

Advice to Management

Continue to be creative in getting the word out to perspective Sales People that we are a company worth considering.

2. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve worked quite a few sales jobs over the years but have no hesitation in saying RJS Associates is the best of them all. From its beautiful, modern office building that graces the Hartford skyline, to its large, high-tech equipped office, RJS is the difference between “just a job” and a career one can love.
    I’m among the many employees here with more than ten years of tenure, having joined the team in the mid-90s. I have seen two owners retire and the torch passed to the current owners. Through these changes the one constant has been management’s desire to see all succeed. From the continuing training to the sales contests to the social events and parties, the goal has been for everyone to learn and earn and have fun doing so. With the outstanding group of people working here, RJS quickly becomes like a family. We have shared weddings and Christenings, joyous times and tragedies and through it all the bonds of friendships grow stronger still.
    Like any sales job, pay is dependent on how hard you work. But between training, high-tech support, monthly and yearly awards, and the philosophy of work is work and home is home, almost anyone with a desire to succeed can indeed discover success at RJS.
    I would like to close by assuring you I am not in management and have no stake in its ownership. I am simply an employee who has been lucky enough to have worked here for many years, have enjoyed almost every minute and would encourage anyone with a sincere drive to succeed to join the team. We’d love to have you!

Cons

Like any good job, the time flies. Blink your eyes on Monday and it's already Friday!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great, fun work environment. They are consistently running office contests and they make it fun to come to work everyday. Management really cares about the employees and their families. It's a sales job and the commission is uncapped. It might take a little while to get up and running but the money you make correlates directly to how hard you work. I haven't been here that long but I can clearly see if you aren't making real money after a year, it's your own fault.

Cons

It's a slow start, but management is very realistic and upfront about the ramp up time that it takes to really get started.

5. "Interesting"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I worked at RJS Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a completely different style of work, there was a lot of training in house given to aid everyone in the transition. As with any sales job, anyone can make it or fall trying

Cons

Their salary is 100 percent commission. They advertise commission plus base, but a commission plus base salary does not require on to " pay back the salary" I'm the form of quotas in their commission deal.

They either like you or they don't. If they don't like you, they will drop you quick despite your effort.