RKL Reviews

Updated Feb 1, 2021

3.6
RKL CEO Ed Monborne  (no image)
Ed Monborne
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 1, 2021 - Marketing Coordinator in York, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at RKL! My team and boss were all really supportive and great colleagues!

Cons

Not much WFH options during my time there. Of course, times have changed.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your RKL experience here on Glassdoor. Our team members are what make RKL one of the best places to work and we're pleased to hear that you were able to develop connections and relationships. While work from home options may not have been available during your tenure, we are constantly working to improve team member experiences. We appreciate hearing from you.

2. 4.0

Great place to work

Feb 1, 2021 - Senior Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, quick to learn concepts

Cons

Training is sometimes lacking, so you jump right into the thick of it without proper knowledge

Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with RKL. One of the benefits of working in our fast-paced industry is the opportunity to learn and build upon your skillset. Be sure to visit our intranet for the latest training opportunities. If you have further questions about training, please contact the Learning and Development team.

3. 4.0

Could be better

Nov 26, 2020 - Senior Associate in Wyomissing, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

met great co-workers and they're flexible

Cons

work long hours and slow advancement

Talent Acquisition Manager

We always appreciate hearing from our team members. Hearing your feedback helps us to improve the team member experience. While the hours can be long and advancement can take some time in our industry, having the flexibility in your work schedule and being supported by great co-workers certainly helps. Thank you for your feedback.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Disappointing

May 16, 2020 - Tax Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is competitive and the benefits are good. There are numerous interesting clients to work with and great learning opportunities among various industries; most coworkers are friendly and helpful. The firm gives back to the community and provides many opportunities for volunteering.

Cons

The billable hours goal is high, and to be considered a success you need to work considerably more than budgeted; leadership tells you if you don’t feel like you’re drowning, you are not working hard enough. Partners go weeks without greeting you or speaking to you unless you are working on one of their engagements. High number of layoffs at end of busy season leaves morale low and causes concern of job security. There are no inclusion or diversity initiatives which makes the firm feel outdated and limits employee creativity and engagement . Unfortunately, the firm is so focused on growth that both clients and employees have become only numbers and are not seen as people; clients are revenue; employees are expenses. Overall, good firm but could be great with different leadership.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience at RKL. While we're glad to hear that you were able to make new connections with co-workers, learn from our diverse client base and give back to the community through the volunteering opportunities, it looks like we still have room to grow. We appreciate your candid feedback about valuing our clients and our employees. This will certainly help us in making it a better experience for everyone.

5. 3.0

Associate

Dec 3, 2020 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

co-workers were great to learn from.

Cons

management expectations are unclear, hours

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate hearing from our alumni. From your feedback, it appears that we have some room to grow in terms of setting expectations. We hope that you continue to stay in touch with the team members that you learned from.

6. 4.0

Work Hard Play Hard

Feb 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, depending on which office you work in (Lancaster by far the best and most fun atmosphere). Parties often, Saturday catered breakfast and lunch. Events held about once a month, frequent training, and alcohol at all events. Very easy to advance and easy to find great job if wanting to leave public if you put the required time in and pass the CPA exams.

Cons

No big negatives about the company, personally feel that during busy season Saturdays would be more effective if working from home, very distracting in the office. Nothing wrong with the company but the career field of public accounting can be very stressful and a lot of people looking to leave once CPA exam finished. Only makes sense to stay if on Manager to Partner track. If you cant be a manager, makes most sense to leave and make substantially more.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your current experience of working at RKL. Parties often, Saturday catered breakfast and lunch. Company culture is important to us and we're very glad that you've had the opportunity to attend our events, learn from our training sessions etc. As we continue to grow and improve the employee experience, we appreciate your suggestion of working from home during busy season. Like all careers, a public accounting career certainly has its pros and cons. While it may not be for everyone, we strive to value our people and provide a good company culture. Thank you again for your feedback and suggestions.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Aug 8, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork, career growth, great benefits

Cons

Long hours, but that is to be expected.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience. We appreciate and value your feedback. While the hours can sometimes be long in our industry, having a supportive team certainly helps. We hope that you continue to take advantage of our benefits and we look forward to seeing your career grow with us.

8. 3.0

Good place

Oct 13, 2020 - CNC Machinist in Anaheim, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work at

Cons

Could be a better place

9. 3.0

Fun place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Tax Associate in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Staff Happy to help. Approachable management

Cons

Managers can be a bit more helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience with our management. We're always looking to improve the employee experience and we appreciate feedback from our alumni.

10. 5.0

great place to work

Jun 30, 2020 - Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work / Life Balance and coworkers

Cons

None that I can think of

Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate hearing from our alumni. Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. We hope that you continue with the relationships that you've forged during your time at RKL.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews