RLI Senior Underwriter Reviews | Glassdoor

RLI Senior Underwriter Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

4.7
  1. "Great place for Underwriters!"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RLI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company really nurtures the culture and want you to feel apart of it. They are very transparent with results, and share the wealth with all employees. Each person impacts the results, so work is very team oriented.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. If I had to think of one, it would be that we can be too conservative on price sometimes. Having said that, you can't argue with 20+ years of profitable results.

RLI2019-08-08
  2. "All positive"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Glastonbury, CT

I have been working at RLI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Historically profitable company, well managed with good benefits including ESOP plan.

Cons

None that I can think of.

RLI2019-08-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"So far, so great!"

I have been working at RLI full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are great! I get along with all of my co-workers and managers. Everyone has been very helpful as I have transitioned into the job. The benefits and pay are above average. The bonus and ESOP are just icing on the cake. The company offers additional bonuses for passing certification courses as well as tuition reimbursement. One voluntary day off per year in addition to generous PTO allowance. Culture is laid back and focus is on profitability, not growth.

Cons

Difficult to find any. This might be nit-picking, but with the conservative underwriting philosophy, sometimes management is less inclined to aggressively pursue good accounts. This can be a little frustrating, but it's worth it when bonus time comes around.

RLI2019-03-06
  5. "Great Company and Culture"

I have been working at RLI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of colleagues that make you feel welcome, everyone is on the same page with goals in mind striving for the same, profitable results

Cons

So far I'd say only the Atlanta traffic which isn't too bad given company's location.

RLI2019-02-26
  6. "Great Company"

I have been working at RLI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

RLI has a great culture that values employees. Great benefits that help plan for retirement and live a happy well round lifestyle today.

Cons

Separation between different offices and products; but this is an area that the company is trying to overcome.

RLI2018-12-14

RLI Response

December 17, 2018Director

So happy to hear you enjoy the culture here ... we do too! We'll keep working on bringing our teams and offices together and would love for you to share your ideas with us! We encourage you to share all your ideas with your supervisor or HR business partner. Thanks for your review!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews