KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

RLM PR Reviews

Updated Nov 18, 2021

Found 56 of over 62 reviews

2.9
RLM PR CEO Richard Laermer   (no image)
Richard Laermer
Pros
  • "RLM is an expert in what it does(in 9 reviews)

• "They at least offer a competitive pay as they should(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No complaints, I’m happy with RLM(in 5 reviews)

• "They are literally the Michael Avenatti of PR firms(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

254 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

As obvious as it may be, if you work hard you will find great success at RLM

Aug 3, 2021 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is uniquely kind and caring for a PR agency. The small but mighty bunch is comprised of experienced professionals who know how to get strong results and deliver for the eclectic roster of clients. RLM is generous with compensation and allows employees the freedom and succeed and create strong media relationships on their own.

Cons

What can be seen as a downside to some, may be a benefit to others. There is little hand-holding and account executives are held to a high standard in terms of pitching and the results they can bring in for the firm. Individuals are encouraged to be proactive and although there is less explicit direction than other agencies, the responsibility is on the staff to be creative, focused, and talented enough to deliver for the firm.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nah

Nov 18, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers. Clients are decent.

Cons

Sweatshop PR. Pretty sure the positive reviews are written by CEO or upper management.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I am in love with my job.

Aug 20, 2020 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working here for a little over 6 months now, and in this time I have learned so much (thanks to my incredible supervisors). They're seriously so generous when it comes to their time and guidance, and have always answered my questions thoughtfully and respectfully. Everyone is always busy, that's a given in any agency you come across. But what is truly rare is finding an agency with a group of people that are willing to help you whenever you need it. I feel supported and encouraged in my current role, and that's always been important to me. Because of this, I am able to produce work I'm proud of every single day. The clients are amazing to work with, and RLM does such an amazing job of coming up with unique ways to help them achieve their goals. If you have an idea you'd like to share, they're all ears. I've never felt silenced at RLM, and because of this I feel motivated to come up with new strategies and concepts. My overall experience has been so amazing, and I don't think I could've ever found a company that matches my ideals and values as much as RLM does.

Cons

If I'm being fully honest, I can't really list a con for RLM because I personally have not experienced any. I feel like I'm being compensated well for the amount of work I complete, and everyone is so understanding.

4. 1.0

Not good

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Salary - Good coworkers - Convenient office location

Cons

CEO is hands off, lies to clients about expectations. This leaves employees to pick up the pieces. It's awful.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Work was unbearable

Jan 31, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers were supportive, and they provide assistance when needed.

Cons

There was no direction how to do your job and yet the management was perfectionist and would micromanage everything that you do. When jobs or report were not perfect for their taste, it would be thrown back in your face and you would be told it needed to be fixed, while your were getting assigned more work. That's just ridiculous and unbearable. Employees were also insulted in front of others and made left to feel inadequate when mistakes were made.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Self Motivation is a MUST

Jul 15, 2020 - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

RLM provides all the tools, assets and lays the groundwork for successful interactions with journalists and media outlets but there is no hand-holding here. You control your day and are not mico-manged. It's like being an independent PR pro with the backing up of a proven industry veteran behind you to provide guidance and resources when needed.

Cons

You have so much runway to prove yourself. There are no training wheels at RLM, you should come here knowing how to close deals, garner placements and having established relationships does not hurt.

7. 2.0

An honest review

Jan 16, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Richard is an experienced pr professional. Team member are nice people.

Cons

Disorganized approach to pitching. No training of younger employees. Rapid turnover of clients and employees. Glowing reviews on GD are very suspect.

8. 1.0

Too much at all times

Jan 4, 2021 - Account Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has good contacts with media personnel

Cons

It was a job where I was expected to do too much at all times. The workload was very high and dealing with media oeople was a pain at times. The job started interfering with my work-life balance, and that's when I decided to quit!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst Place I Have Worked in Decades!

Feb 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I found literally nothing positive about this hellhole!

Cons

The CEO is small-minded vindictive has-been whose main pursuit is causing others pain. Take a look at his infantile twitter feed. First red flag is how front loaded these reviews in Glassdoor are - there are 15 employees max and they've managed to post 8 FIVE STAR reviews in the first 6 weeks of 2020? And where have you ever seen 8 5-star reviews without ONE SINGLE criticism? Doubtful x2! 2nd red flag - TURNOVER IS CRAZY! Ask yourself what the last place with supremely high turnover was like, multiply that by 10 to get a sense of thos toxic work environment. 3rd, the vibe is palpably negative and downtrodden. If you're looking for a high-stress low-reward telemarketing job - this is the place for you! Every employee basically expected to carry out cold calls all day long with most coming up with zero results. I should also point out that their executive director is one of the most glaring examples of Dunning-Krueger effect I have ever seen. Finally, their client list is a bunch of desperate near bankrupt rubes hoping to throw a hail mary by using this bargain basement firm. They are literally the Michael Avenatti of PR firms!

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Visionary company, Good people, and Rare opportunity

Mar 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. A company determined to be leaders in the field. As an expert, it has established trust from its loyal clients who are happy with the company's service. 2. Ideal pay structure for employees. 3. Growing quickly with a solid work process in place. Many opportunities are waiting for people who are going to stand out and perform at their best. 4. Benefits are generous, too. There's free lunch that can make work easier and more fun. 5. Professional staff. While everyone is happy at work, there was never a time when the personal lives of employees were compromised because of their roles. Good balance!

Cons

Expectations may be pressuring at times, but they can be handled with an open-mind and a positive attitude.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews

RLM PR Reviews FAQs

RLM PR has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 62 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at RLM PR to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RLM PR employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RLM PR. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

41% of RLM PR employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RLM PR 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RLM PR to be compensation, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with RLM PR Job Seekers