RMCN Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 5, 2017

2.9
Doug Parker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sure... Try and Repair Your Own Credit"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in McKinney, TX

Pros

Management/Owner are outstanding. No Fire Breathing Dragons here screaming Sell, Sell, Sell or you're fired. The goal is to help people literally change their lives by improving their credit scores, which we do daily. Absolutely Love working here.

Cons

You have to have a big heart and actually care about people to work here...

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing. Thank You for the training and encouragement.

2. "Used to be great"

Former Employee - Sale Consultant
    Former Employee - Sale Consultant

I worked at RMCN full-time

Pros

Had ability to make a lot of money if you worked hard. At one time had a great team and a family type of environment.

Cons

Egotistical owner who sadly took the company he built up into its despair by treating employees like children and believing they were all replaceable. 100% commission but was micromanaged beyond compare. Even to those selling well and making over $100k. Huge mass exodus a few years ago where all their top sales consultants left.

Advice to Management

Take advice of others.

3. "Deception tactics are the Norm"

I worked at RMCN part-time

Pros

If you want to learn how to really become a Salesperson this would be one way to do it.

Cons

They hired friends and family and not necessarily based upon any kind of Skill basis. Nepotism ( owner and managers hired family and friends a lot ) ... made it hard to get any traction / make progress , so I decided to leave.

Advice to Management

Close the business and stop lying to people who you hire and who you sell to.

"Scam artists running out of gas"

I have been working at RMCN full-time

Pros

RMCN used to..used to be a lucerative job. But, after they burned enough people they had their hands tied and now it's all about getting all the capital they can before it folds

Cons

Employees-I would not trust my financial situation to a kid over a phone who did t have proof of a degree or a resume. I had high hopes but when I started the training was full of "disclosures" about some recent claims they had to answer to. When I read them, I cringed. People are just trying to work, but some here are less human than others. Ownership is awful, I couldn't go to the bathroom without punching out and everyday my previous day's time card was a debate and argument over small 10 minute intervals.
    I'm done. Posting this review watching the clock and I am never coming back. This huge office that was once full is empty after it has done all it ever will.

Advice to Management

Waiter, please bring me our check so we can leave. Just kidding good luck to you and sorry I couldn't be morally flexible as you asked

"I've made it a career"

I have been working at RMCN full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having had several jobs in the past I can honestly say, best job ever! Management tirelessly works hard to drive the success of the company, its employees, and its clients upward. Employees have every opportunity for personal and professional growth. Great company culture!

Cons

Nothing really to complain about. RMCN proves that even a small employer can take care of its employees with many of the same benefits of a large company.

6. "Okay work environment - more of job than career."

Former Employee - Research and Processing in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Research and Processing in McKinney, TX

I worked at RMCN (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were pleasant and fun to work with. Very easy job. Flexible work schedule; as long as you put in your 8 hours. Health benefits were okay.

Cons

Job wasn't very challenging. Management motivated staff as if we were children. Expectations were high, but pay was low. Didn't seem like there was a lot of upward mobility in my department.

RMCN Response

Jul 13, 2017 – COO

I am so sorry you felt that way. We recognize that our administrative professionals have to perform repetitive tasks and not everyone enjoys repetitive tasks. We try to have a little fun to break up... More

"Get treated like a child"

Former Employee - Consultant in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in McKinney, TX

I worked at RMCN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The general manager Eric does a good job of trying to support you.

Cons

poor working environment, poor leadership, you are a w2 employee and the treat you like a 1099 the ower is a complete fraud.

Advice to Management

Hire better people.

RMCN Response

Aug 7, 2017 – COO

Hello Former Employee! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we appreciate the advice.

From what you said, I get the impression that you liked Eric. I like him, too. I don’t... More

"Challenging and a learning experience."

Former Employee - National Sales Consultant in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - National Sales Consultant in McKinney, TX

I worked at RMCN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You become disciplined in being productive and focused. Sales training is excellent. The organization cares about its people. Have an incredible sales software they developed from open source. They have health benefits.

Cons

It takes a considerable ramp up time to start producing money. The compensation set-up is based on a draw. It is pure commissions.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and motivating as you have done.

"Keep looking...."

Current Employee - National Sales Consultant in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - National Sales Consultant in McKinney, TX

Pros

The company is heavily involved in the community with blood drives and many other charitable actions.

Cons

Ongoing 'training' is a complete falsehood. There is no set method of how to handle a clients needs, it is just to see how much commission can be made. Sales consultants will blatantly lie to clients in order to earn their business, then avoid the future phone calls when absolutely nothing happens that was told to them when enrolling. When management is made aware of this, it is ignored, especially if that salesperson produces.

Advice to Management

Employees are not cattle. Having 12-15 highly trained sales people with a clear agenda is much, much better than having 50 free spirits that have no regard for ethics.

10. "RMC"

Pros

Very people oriented and great work environment.

Cons

the location is very far