RONBOW Materials Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Jason Chen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Small company with great opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at RONBOW Materials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a smaller company, which means you have to wear multiple hats from time to time, but it's also a chance to learn new things. The people are very welcoming and always willing to help. I started when a change in leadership happened, and from what I can see, they are making moves to better the company as well as make the work environment an enjoyable one for their employees. I'm excited to see and be a part of where Ronbow is headed.

Cons

There is definitely a lack in structure and processes. However, with new management in place, it seems their end goal is to build a better foundation moving forward. Hoping this is the case.

Advice to Management

Be open to suggestions for the betterment of the company, both internally (with employees) and externally (with business partners).

2. "Overall Great Company"

I have been working at RONBOW Materials full-time

Pros

Excellent team members. Every department works well together to achieve the same overall goals for the company. New leaderships provide better directions and clear strategies to grow the company.

Cons

Company's culture could use some improvement, but things are slowly changing.

3. "Stay far away"

I have been working at RONBOW Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

Too many to mention. But as always, in any company, the cons start from the top, and in this case, the president of the company is to blame.

Advice to Management

What management?

4. "Great product, good people! Small company feel."

Current Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at RONBOW Materials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a small company so expect to have a lot of ownership. I prefer this as you can have some real direct impact on business decisions. Company also pays well and seems to be better than industry average. Bottom line is that the product offerings are great and has a great brand in the industry. I also really like some of the people, there's a group that really cares and makes the workplace fun.

Cons

There's a lack of process and systems could use some updating. I can see some people are trying to change this so hopefully there's more improvement soon. It's also a small workplace so perks are just average/minimal.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your best employees and make an effort to improve system and processes.

5. "Manager"

Pros

The owner cares about his employees and their families. Work hard and prove what you are worth and it will pay off. Endless opportunities for those who likes to be challenged.

Great locations. Easy access to freeways and tons of food around.

Cons

Small company. Not a tech company. So don't ask or expect too much perks.

Some people hate changes and question those who wants to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Trust those that has plans and goals. Replace those that shows no value to the company.

"Bad culture, ownership, direction, etc..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at RONBOW Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice water cooler in the kitchen.

Cons

The President, owner, daddys little rich boy, what ever Jason is. The company has no direction, fly by the seat of your pants mentality. I was always told to do certain things only to be told it was wrong to go back and do them the way I was originally doing them. And have it changed again, and again....

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter.

7. "Marketing"

I worked at RONBOW Materials full-time

Pros

I've worked for Fortune 500, agency and small companies. Ronbow gave me a tremendous growth opportunity in my marketing career. What I valued most about working for Ronbow was managing a large variety and varied scope of projects from photo/video shoots, catalogs, web content, trade shows, to advertising and social media. These tools set the foundation for the largest product line launch of my career - Signature Series, including over 200 new products.

Working at Ronbow is not only a place to grow a personal career, it is a place where you can be part of a team who is developing best in class products and elevating their brand to a whole new level.

Cons

I think more cross-functional team sharing would be a great benefit. It’s always hard to find enough time in the day, but when you have a solid understanding of each departments goals and challenges, you find better ways to help each other more effectively.

Advice to Management

I would recommend to include more cross-functional teams in upfront product planning process and additional info sharing among teams.

8. "Company rewards committed employees."

Pros

Lots of autonomy for managers. Great compensation.

Cons

Too much company politics. Long time employees have become complacent through job security.

"Not worth working for no matter what they pay you."

I worked at RONBOW Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very well developed product lines and a quality product. Great relationships in China allowing the company to grow quickly. Great location.

Cons

The owner is not trustworthy and not a man of his word. Frequently under minds decisions he has empowered you to make. Horrible treatment of entire staff and talks down to employees especially in front of large groups.

Advice to Management

Use your talents to source and hire someone honest with interpersonal skills to run your business.

"HORRIBLE!!!"

I worked at RONBOW Materials full-time

Pros

Not much. Met some nice people who are dying to get out of there.

Cons

The shortest answer is the owner. No vision, no interpersonal skills, changes mind as often as possible, can't remember anything. Just a horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run the company and just go away