KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ROSS Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2022

Found 50 of over 51 reviews

3.3
ROSS Companies Chief Executive Officer David Miskovich (no image)
David Miskovich

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

TheBOMB.com

Jun 12, 2019 - Assistant Property Manager in Oxon Hill, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly love working as a team. The company perks with gym reimbursement, annual clothing allowances, Verizon, zip car, monthly bonuses etc. I have been promoted 4 times in 5 years! Can you say growth and career opportunities! They will train you and push you to the max and beyond. Open door communication at the top level and they truly value their employees!!!!!

Cons

I do not have any

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good work life balance

May 15, 2022 - Assistant Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I definitely recommend working for Ross! I have been with the company for 2 and 1/2 years and it has been a positive experience. I feel like they treat you like family. The company preaches work life balance and are very supportive of their employees.

Cons

The company needs to put capital improvements into some of their older communities and update their curb appeal so they serve a better clientele.

Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and we appreciate your recommendation! We’re happy we could make your work experience at ROSS Companies a positive one. We certainly want our team members to feel treated like family and feel supported. We’re more than happy to discuss your feedback regarding our operations with you as we’re always continuously working to improve our processes and services to better serve our clients and residents. We encourage you to raise this topic of discussion with your Regional Manager. Thanks again and we appreciate having you as part of the ROSS Fam!

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I do not recommend

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid holidays off Off early the Friday before a holiday Pay is reasonable

Cons

Training is lacking tremendously then blamed on the employee. Management has no regards for their employees or their concerns. Very boring and repetitive job. Didn’t feel fulfilling at all. I blame the management though.

Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. At ROSS, we value a work life balance and we’re happy that our paid holidays, as a benefit, were able to help with that! ROSS is committed to the development and career growth of our employees. It’s crucial that all team members undergo the proper training to successfully serve our residents and prospects. We regret this was not provided to you. We will certainly reflect on this so we can work with management to improve our training process. We encourage you to reach out to our HR team so we can further discuss your work experience and work to ensure all of your concerns are heard and addressed. We appreciate your review and we look forward to speaking with you.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great

May 10, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits hours lunch time off.

Cons

Hours, lunch, parking, benefits and office.

Continue reading

Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, however, we are not based in Phoenix, Arizona and we believe you’ve shared your review under the incorrect employer. However, if you are a former employee of ROSS Companies based in Bethesda, MD or any of our D.C, Maryland or Virginia properties, we invite you to reshare your review with us. Thank you!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay

Apr 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was ok. Could be better.

Cons

They need to treat their employees better

Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, however, we are not based in New York, NY and we believe you’ve shared your review under the incorrect employer. However, if you are a former employee of ROSS Companies based in Bethesda, MD or any of our D.C, Maryland or Virginia properties, we invite you to reshare your review with us. Thank you!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Regional Sales and Marketing Supervisor

Jan 17, 2022 - Regional sales and marketing supervisor in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

you get alot of holidays; Summer Fridays are nice; 401K is great; competitive pay for the role; gym reimbursement

Cons

terrible health insurance options; no pay increase or bonus opportunities available with this role

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value your input as a former employee and we’re always open to hearing about your personal experience and constructive feedback. We’re glad to learn that some of our benefits have been a positive aspect of your employment. The health and wellbeing of our employees is important to us which is why we provide fun benefits like Summer Fridays and a gym reimbursement. We apologize that a few items on our benefits package did not meet your interests or expectations. We are dedicated to always improving our benefits package and we’re continuously looking for ways to ensure our team members have access to growth and development opportunities. It’s important to us that everyone feels valued and we will certainly reflect on your feedback to improve the overall work environment for everyone. Thanks again!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 26, 2021 - Assistant Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great bonuses, Benefits, Support, and staff appreciation

Cons

Low innovation. Company likes to stick with set budget and it's a dead end if you want to suggest improving appearance of property.

Continue reading

Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate your overall positive feedback and recommendation and we want you to know we truly value your input as an employee! We are proud to hear your experience at ROSS Companies is filled with nothing but positivity and we hope we can continue meeting our intention of being the best workplace. Regarding your feedback on becoming more innovative, our company certainly strives to provide better solutions to making our operations more convenient for our employees and residents. We understand innovation is crucial in growing our company and we are always open to hearing any suggestions for improvements and/or advancements. Moving forward, we acknowledge your feedback and will take it into consideration as it helps make us a better company for everyone. Thanks again for choosing ROSS Companies!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Practices

Oct 15, 2021 - Regional Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Middle Management collaborative, great SVP, good systems & practices in place.

Cons

Executive team temprimential, inconsistent and do not communicate well.

Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate your feedback and we truly value your input as a former ROSS employee. We want nothing more than a positive work environment where everyone is able to collaborate effectively and we’re pleased to know we were able to provide that to you. Regarding your comment about our executive team, we apologize if your experience working with them wasn’t ideal. We are continuously reflecting, learning and growing for the better of our company and for everyone. Thanks again for taking the time to share your review and we appreciate all that you’ve done for ROSS Companies.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

ROSS office assistant

May 19, 2021 - Office Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was very kind and easy to work with

Cons

Often felt I had to pick up the slack for others on the team who did not have much interest in the job

Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, however, we are not based in New York, NY and we believe you’ve shared your review under the incorrect employer. However, if you are a former employee of ROSS Companies based in Bethesda, MD or any of our D.C, Maryland or Virginia properties, we invite you to re-share your review with us. Thank you!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Not bad

May 15, 2021 - PR Specialist in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a great learning experience

Cons

Didn't seem like a long term fit for me

Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, however, we are not based in Oakland, CA and we believe you have shared your review under the incorrect employer. However, if you are a former employee of ROSS Companies based in Bethesda, MD or any of our D.C., Maryland or Virginia properties, we invite you to re-share your review with us. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews

ROSS Companies Reviews FAQs

ROSS Companies has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 51 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at ROSS Companies to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ROSS Companies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ROSS Companies. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

70% of ROSS Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ROSS Companies 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ROSS Companies to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be culture, diversity and inclusion.