RPM Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Supportive!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RPM Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very supportive at all levels to include management and tech support. Moving towards the tech era allowing for mobility while working.

Cons

The office atmosphere is older with not many perks besides coffee. Not very interactive within the co worker atmosphere unless it is planned by an employee.

2. "LOVE RPM"

Current Employee - Manager in Lakewood, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Lakewood, OH

I have been working at RPM Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

just a great culture. Rob and Tracey are the best

Cons

there are no cons...a great place

Advice to Management

just a great place to work from top to bottom!

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alamo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alamo, CA

I have been working at RPM Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and personable working environment with lots of interesting challenges to keep your interest.

Cons

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. There is an overabundance of management with not enough people to actually do the work. Even so, there does not seem to be much room for advancement, nor much room for salary raises.

Advice to Management

Management takes a really good interest in every aspect of their business, but the CEO should get more input from more of the employees to make more informed decisions.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RPM Mortgage (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Lots of support, great loan products, excellent marketing materials. The management keeps on top of the latest product offerings and they are very supportive the loan agents.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

5. "Office intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at RPM Mortgage as an intern

Pros

Great company do your looking for your foot in the door. Dept had basic efficiencies. Strong company morale. The department was great for learning experience but felt there was minimal room to grow. Management was so so

Cons

Management and growth seemed to be on Low end of the spectrum. Pay was ok. And there seemed to be flexibility with hours.

Advice to Management

Better communication and department morale. no programs to help with aspiring assistant or loan officers that Would aid in interns progressing with career goals

6. "Great future"

I have been working at RPM Mortgage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Have made cultural shift to a very sales centric and entrepreneurial environment.
    Enhanced leadership team to help guide through the various obstacles in the industry

Cons

Transitioning to Encompass software which will be great once we get through the next few months

7. "great place to work"

I have been working at RPM Mortgage full-time

Pros

RPM is a good place to work. you can work your way up in the company and get many opportunities there.

Cons

the medical benefits are partially paid by employee, no 401k matching. some job roles are stressful depending on your position, although that is the case at any company.

Advice to Management

continue along the same path. the variety in loan programs and great interest rates are awesome and the staff working there is fun to be around.

8. "Positive, professional environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alamo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alamo, CA

I have been working at RPM Mortgage (More than a year)

Pros

Professional environment. Supportive manager who focuses on professional development and training. I work with a great team of people who truly care about the quality of their work and the clients and communities they serve. I am allowed the flexibility I need to maintain a better work/life balance. There is an overall focus on creative solutions and innovation with a consistent effort to be better at what we do, both as individuals and as a company. I appreciate that I have the tools and resources I need to do my job.

Cons

The benefits package is decent but not amazing. A health insurance package and a 401k plan are both provided but both could be better.

Advice to Management

Thank you for genuinely making an effort to do the right thing for customers, employees and the company as a whole. There is always room for improvement but I appreciate that you listen, communicate with transparency, and help us to adapt to change with the tools we need to do our jobs well.

9. "For a mortgage bank, it's not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer/Salesperson
    Current Employee - Loan Officer/Salesperson

Pros

Spend a lot of money on their computer systems, so typically very efficient once the bugs are worked out.

Cons

I think they value their staff more than their sales force. Not such a good idea. Need more benefits for sales people.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your very hard-working sales people more. Spend less energy and less money on having and and boasting about the "finer" things at the corporate office and more time contributing to the health and wellness of your sales people. Spend more time listening to them.

10. "Lot's of Glitz, no substance"

I have been working at RPM Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company does everything first class

Cons

Company leadership lives in a bubble of exclusivity. Focus is entirely on the "Luxury Home Buyer" The idea of huge loan amounts is alluring but what about the common people just trying to buy a home to raise their family? There appears to be zero interest in anything but the super jumbo market.

Advice to Management

Come down a couple of steps from your lofty ladder and take a look at the real world.