RQ Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

RQ Construction CEO George Rogers
George Rogers
  1. "Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at RQ Construction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Really interesting projects and people

Cons

Long hours and must be able to work more than 40 hours per week

RQ Construction2018-08-02
  2. "_"

I worked at RQ Construction full-time

Pros

People, Culture, Out of the box thinking

Cons

Project dedicated staff must be willing to relocate nation wide to be stationed on project.

RQ Construction2018-06-22
  3. "Family"

Former Employee - Mechanical Pipefitter in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at RQ Construction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, plenty of overtime, safety oriented, feeling that you really matter

Cons

I worked in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and I couldn’t take my wife

RQ Construction2018-01-19
  4. "Field Admin"

I have been working at RQ Construction full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, very supportive and conscientious of personal and professional goals.

Cons

Many middlemen, very “position-specific”.

Advice to Management

I think holding more workshops to interact and verbalize our opinions regarding protocol and procedures would benefit everyone.

RQ Construction2017-12-23
  5. "Looking to Grow?"

Current Employee - Junior Estimator in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at RQ Construction full-time

Pros

If you are looking for an excellent team environment where you will learn how to be a better Estimator, there is no better place for you. This team does so many things right, from how they approach subs, how they set personal goals, to how they approach their takeoffs and precision work. This is a forgiving environment that will build you into a better estimator, but also into a better person.

Cons

The biggest issue at RQ is something they are always trying to improve upon, so it's hard to critique, but there is room for improvement in the relationships between departments. The executives will empower you to break those barriers, but they exist as it is.

RQ Construction2017-10-17
  6. "Good people"

I worked at RQ Construction

Pros

Good people work at RQ.

Cons

Don't hold on to employees well

Advice to Management

work on keeping employees

RQ Construction2016-05-09
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Design Job Captain in San Diego, CA

I worked at RQ Construction

Pros

Good team and good people. Lovely christmas party

Cons

Usual office politics. No cons that I can specify. It was a great place to work.

RQ Construction2016-01-07
  8. "Integration, collaboration, empowerment"

Current Employee - Pursuits in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at RQ Construction full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The integration of Design, Pursuits, and Operations makes RQ a fascinating place to work. in my experience it truly is rare to find a company where all the facets of the team are co-located in one spot, and all of the disciplines have almost unfettered access to the help each can provide. The atmosphere is collaborative and collegial. It's absolutely NOT a workplace environment where you get the feeling someone... is looking to find someone to blame when challenges arise, and they do (as they will anywhere.) RQ values innovation and leadership, and if you show those qualities - expect to be tapped to use them.

Cons

RQ is not for everybody. If you need a highly structured work environment where every step is laid out in a process or policy manual, you might feel uncomfortable. If you prefer the quiet of working alone in an office or a cubicle rather than in a team, it might not be for you. Sometimes job descriptions are not clearly defined, and the responsibility is on you to clarify expectations if you are unclear.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering a great work environment! Be alert to possible role fuzziness when new positions are created. All in all, management does a great job of making RQ a place where people LIKE to work.

RQ Construction2016-01-02
  9. "Constantly Seeking Improvement"

I have been working at RQ Construction part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have the ability to communicate/dialogue with any level inside the company and have your idea heard. Every department is constantly seeking improvement (not willing to remain status quo), though change takes time. The time spent trying to find the best team members possible means you can enjoy the people you work with.

Cons

Change takes time in any company. The desire for improvement at RQ is never ending, but seeing immediate fruits to change initiatives does not regularly happen. You need to be willing to push through the slow change in order to look back and see that things have improved for the benefit of the company as a whole. Communication across the company can always be improved so that everyone from top to bottom is on... the same page.

Advice to Management

Communication - keep everyone informed of the company vision on a regular basis, while simultaneously seeking to build open lines of communication with team members on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.

RQ Construction2015-07-27
  10. "Terrific Collaborative Culture"

in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at RQ Construction for more than 8 years

Pros

It is exciting to work for a company that encourages a team effort for design and is passionate about professional development and mentoring. We are fortunate to work in an environment that incorporates all facets of the construction industry from estimators to the building trades

Cons

What RQ lacks as a midsized company, in comparison to what large employers can offer (stock options, additional ancillary perqs and benefits, access to cutting edge technology), it makes up for with a culture of support and collaboration.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay in close touch with field team members, including personal visits whenever possible.

RQ Construction2015-06-18