RS&H Employee Reviews about "interesting projects"

Updated Aug 2, 2019

4.0
RS&H President and Chief Executive Officer David T. Sweeney, PE
David T. Sweeney, PE
Pros
  • "I couldn't be more proud to work for a company like RS&H(in 13 reviews)

• "Great employees with a lot of interesting projects(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "RS&H doesn't recruit at the local university, therefore missing out on great applicants and not getting the exposure it could have(in 6 reviews)

• "The benefits I believe are a bit below industry standard(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "interesting projects"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent enviorment to work!

Aug 23, 2017 - Engineer I in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefit, young and great people , interesting projects and great opportunities to grown. They are up to date regarding softwares and facilities.

Cons

If you are recent graduate maybe could be a little difficult to get on track. You have to work overtime when the deadlines comes but is part of this business and if you really love your job will be easy.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It is important to RS&H to be able to provide technical and non-technical resources need to be successful in your career. Our Human Resources teams are working to create more formal mentorship programs for junior associates that we hope will offer a wider range of development opportunities and career growth.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Production and Design Proffesionals don't count.

Aug 2, 2019 - Senior Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects and some challenging work.8

Cons

Management thinks that Project Managers, VP and directors make the company money, thus they alone make up the bonus pool. Good old boys network. Watch out for the knife in the back. Spying on professionals. No recognition for technical abilities. Pressure to seal work that you have only limited involvement with.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing Communication Specialist

I am sorry to hear about your experience. At RS&H we promote a positive, team-oriented, and collaborative culture and we are striving to stay true to our mission and core values of integrity, quality service, business success, and valuing our associates. We want to address this issue properly. Please reach out to rsandhfeedback@rsandh.com so we can ensure the message gets directed to the appropriate person.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Meh Experience

Sep 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting projects - Skilled co-workers - Several established/large contracts - Decent time off benefits (sick leave and vacation)

Cons

- Poor bonus compensation for employees (non-senior management) - Promote those that don't deserve it or continue to show a lack of leadership (no-accountability) - Lower pay compared to industry - If you aren't in the home office you are treated like an outside consultant

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company

Jan 13, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I couldn't be more proud to work for a company like RS&H. Company leadership just seems to "get" it. Individuals seem motivated and the projects are interesting, but the company culture is really the key. Work is easily shared between offices. And what other civil engineering firms of this medium size can say they work on aerospace projects???

Cons

Benefits are probably below the industry standard. Generous "personal" leave that cannot be used for vacation, but only 2 weeks of vacation for the first 5 years. Makes up for it with flexible work hours.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall a Good Place to Work

Jan 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects are prevalent and managers seem to want to see you succeed. Overall decent benefits and somewhat flexible work hours. The work environment is positive and encouraging. Company culture on the whole is good and coworkers tend to be great to work with.

Cons

The benefits I believe are a bit below industry standard. I know former classmates who are working for a similar sized company in a similar position that receive more compensation and accrue vacation at a faster rate. 5 years to get 3 weeks of vacation seems to be a bit behind the times.

Talent Acquisition Manager

A positive and team-oriented culture is what we strive for at RS&H and we are happy you experience that personally. Providing comprehensive benefits to our associates is important to us and we are constantly looking at ways to enhance our benefit and compensation packages.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Many Opportunities

Oct 8, 2015 - Transportation Engineering Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a Meritocracy. You get what you earn here. An abundance of opportunities to learn and grow. Many interesting projects all over the country. An agile company where work sharing is common between offices. Not only good for the stability of the business, but for the interests of interconnecting offices all over the country. All around, some really great people to work with.

Cons

Glassdoor makes me write here....no cons!

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

RS&H

Apr 8, 2017 - Assistant Structural Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees with a lot of interesting projects

Cons

Slow upward movement, offices are generally small with the exception of Jacksonville

Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate the feedback! We do have outstanding associates here at RS&H as well as great clients that provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. As RS&H grows, we will continue to build upon our Development, Mentorship and Leadership programs that will excel our associates to the next level in their careers and allow them to expand professionally.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Architectural, Engineering, and Consulting Firm

Jul 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, interesting projects, exciting market sector, high ethical standards, well-run organization

Cons

Long hours necessary to serve client demands

Vice President of Human Resources

We like it here too! And mostly because of coworkers like you!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great projects, 'some' great people

Jan 25, 2013 - Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the employees are really great to work with. Majority of the projects are interesting.

Cons

On the job training opportunities are not open to ALL employees. There is a level of favoritism displayed when projects are assigned. Cliques are VERY REAL here. Trust your instincts.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mechanical Engineer

Dec 21, 2017 - Mechanical Engineer in Merritt Island, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance, very interesting projects, paid straight time for overtime

Cons

only seven paid holidays, other benefits are average

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews