RSA Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rocco Salviola

Pros
  • As others have said, covered parking and super clean office (in 10 reviews)

• This is a great place to work if you are relatively new to the healthcare field or are looking to get out of the back breaking work of clinical (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The main focus remained individual health insurance through most of 2013 with the Affordable Care Act taking all of those functions away (in 5 reviews)

• I have extensive medical background and call center (in 3 reviews)

1. "Medical case manager"

Former Employee - MCM in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - MCM in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time

Pros

Easy job to conduct medical interviews and if needed contact the respective physician.

Cons

Sometimes micromanaged which is not required as everyone that works there know and understand the tasks

Advice to Management

could better appreciate the work their employees put in. Overall a nice place to work

"review"

Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Westmont, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical (More than a year)

Pros

there is not much to say other than the benefits which is not bad considering they offer 401k, health and life insurance for you and your family

Cons

they have a lot of unnecessary rules and the rules change everyday sometimes without you knowing. The management team is very disorganized.

"Different names, same terrible environment."

Former Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone else is miserable and misery loves company. Covered parking. Easy interstate access to leave quickly. Bar across the parking lot. The most important pro is the giant feeling of relief walking out the door on the final day.

Cons

Call center environment, micro managing, non stop emails on program changes, you can't even keep them straight. Then when you do something wrong they're quick to point out that an email noting the change went out 2 weeks ago...after the changes in the emails 3, 4, and 5 weeks prior to that of course. They push multiple programs on you, telling you how much more important it makes you to the company only to have more errors to be noted in auditing of those additional programs, thus more emails from multiple managers telling you about more previous emails detailing your errors....

Advice to Management

Most direct floor managers are fine. Some are very belittling to their staff. Acting all high and mighty when you ask a them question. Ironically, those few are the ones that can't ever give you a straight answer.

5. "Clinical interaction specialist"

Former Employee - Medical Doctor in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Doctor in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

training, hiring process was smooth, good coworkers , incentives were good

Cons

sometime adherence to the giving schedule in terms of breaks can be difficult

6. "Thank you for offering me a job!"

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches discipline, and clocking in and out. When you clocked out for lunch, you were actually on break, and did not have to worry about your clients, because the calls are sent to the online MCM's.

Cons

You are watched like a hawk, and constantly under scrutiny on your presentation and response to the clients.

Advice to Management

I liked them all! Very accommodating to me. Always answered my questions.

"Horrible place"

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all. I have been in Nursing for 20+ years and have never been so disgusted with an employer.

Cons

Everything you read here about the inflexibility, not allowed to use the bathroom, and general hostility is absolutely correct. I was absolutely floored when they were laughing and snickering while telling us (NURSING PROFESSIONALS) that we had to be sensitive when asking people about STD's or other health topics that could be embarrassing for them. We are professionals, we KNOW how to be compassionate. You obviously do not. Go work in the field for a while and learn something. The other incident that pushed me over the edge was training to take calls and having them stage a mock call to test us. They basically role played the most obnoxious, demeaning caller you can imagine (we were aware it was staged) while openly laughing and enjoying the trainees pain in trying to deal with it. They drove several trainees to TEARS in the abuse they heaped on them. This is their idea of "orientation"

Advice to Management

Grow up. Go learn what real healthcare and caring for and serving customers is about. Learn how to treat employees with respect. You do not get better results by mocking and humiliating them.

8. "clinical interaction specialist"

Former Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are mostly doctors and nurses; great knowledge base. Good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Micromanaged via audits with rationale for failed audits dependant upon who the auditor was. Unable to leave desk to use bathroom, or ask a question without it counting against you in audits.

Advice to Management

Support your staff better when there's changes in audit criteria. An example is you can have 6 staff answer the same question the same way but only one gets it audited as wrong, until maybe a month later and then another gets it wrong, and then the next month another gets it wrong.

"Do not apply for jobs here"

Former Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Naperville, IL

I worked at RSA Medical (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers environment is excellent, because we all suffer in this boat.
    There is not much to say here, I worked at least 2 years and I see a gruesome future for employees.

Cons

Let me break this for you in: managers, auditors, point system, bilingual, morals. Managers are disorganized and don't follow up accordingly when you ask questions, when a new program launch directives can changes day by day. This make it difficult to follow because they do not have a SOP, they flood your head with information and e-mails. Understand this, your calls will be listen by auditors and they do not agree between them, their boss had a meeting with us and she did not give straight answer, eventually got fired. Auditors will question how you pronounce works, so if you have a heavy accent or not from Midwest, you will be in trouble. They take out points from your audit for "wrong" documentation and when you ask for rebuttal, manager just don't fight for you anymore.
    Point system is not flexible, perfect example of irony, working for health care industry and they have no mercy if you are late, or need medical attention.
    If you are bilingual, you will be burn to the ground with calls, because they now you can take more calls, and they don't pay more for this.
    At last, if you have morals, please do not apply here, we suppose to help here but it is the opposite, one of their business is to screen senior citizens to get Medicare Supplemental. They are using your medical knowledge and good manners to talk with seniors and confirm application, the interview is a screening on behalf of the insurance company and YES, we can denied medicare supplemental because our lovely seniors are to risky for the insurance.

Advice to Management

They know what to do, but they have a boot over their necks after Xerox took over. They are great as friends but they are so restrictive on how they can help you. Good luck guys!

"Terrible place to work at"

Former Employee - CIS in Naperville, IL

Pros

Nothing good from this place at all. Don't bother working here.

Cons

The breaks and lunch times were scheduled. They expected you to be glued to your desk for hours at a time. You couldn't even go to the restroom without getting in trouble. I never worked for such a terrible place that made you feel inadequate. God for bid if you did not join the cool crowd you were screwed. Thinking back to how I was treated by management makes my blood boil.

Advice to Management

Treat people with more respect!

11. "clinical interaction specialist"

Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Clinical Interaction Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RSA Medical (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work as always

Cons

none......I donot have a this timeny at