RSI Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2020

RSI President  Chris Barlow
Chris Barlow
Pros
  • "RSI always treated me well, from the first day I was surprised at how much autonomy and respect my supervisor gave me(in 16 reviews)

• "Nothingstress and hard work stress and(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some of the technology that RSI uses is kind of old (for example we were still using Embarcadero in 2018)(in 15 reviews)

• "The biggest con is work-life balance(in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great People, Lots of Support"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at RSI full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Senior Leadership is very approachable and they go out of their way to connect with everyone. Things have been on an upswing with new projects and lots of new hires. Lots of opportunities to try new things and everyone has been helpful in making sure you can achieve your goals.

Cons

A bit of chaos with the rapid expansion of projects and hires. Being interconnected with clients on projects can mean that you may be facing a lot of extra issues they may bring to the table.

Continue reading

"Amazing Company that Invests in their Employees"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Pembroke, MA

I have been working at RSI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Provides a small company feel that makes you feel valued and not just a number. I enjoy working with my team that is very collaborative and open to new ideas.

Cons

N/A-Thankful to be part of this great Organization!

3. "Overall Good Company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work life balance - Some teams are good to work with - Mostly young crowd of professionals

Cons

- Communication gap in organization - Some Micro managers - Lower than industry salary

4. "Good Company to Work For"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Administrator in Chicago, IL

I worked at RSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is organized overall. Has a good structure and Org Chart.

Cons

Pipeline is not always full, insecurity creeps in.

5. "Decent work experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time

Pros

can learn a lot, opportunities to grow, good place to start to figure out what you want to do

Cons

stressful, poor management, need to have patience with management even if they don't have any with you

"Trash"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Consulting experience - Some nice coworkers depending on location

Cons

- Corporate will lie to get their way and trick you at all corners to push RSI agenda - Burnout, stress, anxiety, frustration, lackluster ethics - No compensation for overtime and not enough base salary for quantity of work - Really heavy disparity in both treatment and salary between consulting employees - A lot of employees ride coattails and are rewarded for sucking up - More likely to get promoted if you go drinking and playing golf with managers - who cares about actual work - If you're not dedicated enough to be at RSI unless you're putting in over 60-70 hrs a week - Don't expect any difference in work and treatment if your project is large or small - People are only looking out for themselves in the end, don't trust anyone - HR and executives only ever care about the company, don't expect them to truly listen or help you out - Project managers and direct managers will try to help but will get rejected by corporate - Employees working out of the Solution Center and Implementation Center are clearly treated better - Older technology, try to work with a bit more modern solutions - Always remember you're just another cog in the system and can be easily replaced - Don't expect any proper training; unless you have a dedicated background you're going into testing

Continue reading

"JOKE - Do yourself a favor and find a better company."

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RSI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Absolutely NO pros. IF I could give zero I would. I have worked here for 4+ years and only here until I find another position.

Cons

EVERYTHING from management to work life balance. There is nothing good here, besides the occasional expense a piece of pie for pie day. HR/management doesn't listen to you, your requests go in one ear and out the other. The work demands are insane. They will force you to work 12+ hour days for months before and after go-live of the product. All experienced employees are leaving the company putting more work on the newer employees. Employees are treated horribly and seem to be taken advantage of at every corner. They give you the amount of work/responsibilities of a consulting manager, call you a consultant, and pay you for the work of an associate consultant. Everyone is seriously miserable. I worked on two different projects, with different management. Both have been failing projects. Deadlines are always pushed back, and items taken out of the next release. It’s the same stuff different project. The company does not have enough experienced employees to have a successful project. All smart employees get out while they still can. Then the company goes and hires fresh, naïve college grads. I honestly feel bad for the new hires if this is their first job experience. The company only takes care of your if you are a traveler or work remote. The employees on the client site are abused and forced to work OT with no end in sight. The positive reviews on Glassdoor are literally from HR who have the happiest of lives with no pressure or work intensity as the client sites.

Continue reading

"Don't let this company and the reviews fool you"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RSI full-time

Pros

The experience that you gain is the only 'Pro'. And that's being generous

Cons

This section isn't big enough for all the Cons that this company presents. Quoting a former high-ranking management employee, "We don't care about the burn and churn. We can lose people and we'll just hire more fresh college grads." RSI prefers to lose their experienced employees rather than fight for them to stay, 1 year or 10 year tenure, it doesn't matter. On-site employees, who live at the project location, are thrown to the cesspit. There is zero equality within the company consulting tree. If you are a traveler, remote worker, or based out of a HQ location, your life is infinitely better and it shows it's all a joke. Promotions, raises, and bonuses are clearly misleading and barely existent. They say 2 years is the minimum to get promoted through each tier but it's evident that other individuals get promoted with half the time and half the experience. And unless you brown-nose you will slave away and ultimately get a cold shoulder when expecting compensation. There's so much more to go on but I don't care anymore at this point. Honestly, this is a waste of time writing this post and they should be thankful that people care just enough to put Glassdoor reviews. Half the company is two-faced and will trash you behind your back. Sure the CEO will read reviews but it doesn't mean anything. You can provide advice but it goes nowhere, even if you work for the company. People are so blind to most of these facts it hurts. Don't work for this company if you value your time, life, freedom, and dignity.

RSI Response

September 20, 2019President/CEO

You mentioned in your anonymous review that you worked for RSI for less than a year. As such, you may not have had the opportunity to fully experience how we recognize, reward, and promote our employees in our formal review process in that short time period that you worked with us. We have had quite a year to celebrate successes on our projects and I expect that you contributed to those successes just like all our employees. These successes are aspects of our daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly efforts and encompass recognition that ranges from informal to formal recognition of individual contributions to our success. Our employees contribute to our success because of the experience they bring and their commitment to our clients. Training opportunities, both formal and informal, reflect our culture of learning and is an important aspect of our company that we see as critical to our success. It seems from your review that you may not have taken the opportunity to express your ideas, concerns, or solutions to me, a member of our senior leadership team, your direct supervisor, a member of the extended leadership team, or some of our champions throughout the company. We do agree with you that we have hard working employees.

"Great company to work for but pace of work can be slow"

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I only worked at one site and for one client (State of Indiana, in Indianapolis) and only ever had 1 supervisor, so take that into consideration for this review. RSI always treated me well, from the first day I was surprised at how much autonomy and respect my supervisor gave me. Taking time off for being sick or for PTO was never an issue. RSI offers full benefits (medical/dental/vision benefits, PTO, 401k). I got along well with all of my coworkers and I felt that it was a pretty chill place to work. All of my coworkers were very intelligent so there was always something to learn from each other. The whole company only has about 300 employees, so you get to know everyone pretty easily, including HR people and upper management/executives. The salaries were decent, Indianapolis has a low cost of living so that really helped. In the 2 years I worked there I got 2 raises that totaled $11k. I started at 62k and left at 73k. I honestly learned a lot working here and I am grateful for my time spent working for RSI. They take care of you well (for example, you get $100 for a birthday dinner every year). Definitely a great option for someone fresh out of school especially if you have a degree in mathematics (a solid 50% of the coworkers I had had been math majors). I felt that advancement in the company was definitely achievable if you're willing to stick it out for a few years. They do acknowledge talent and accomplishment.

Cons

Working with the client was hit-or-miss. There was one employee in particular who was (on a professional level) incompetent, sloppy and lazy and (on a personal level) creepy and weird. I had to work with him pretty closely and I was always terrible at customer service so that was challenging for me, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess. You definitely need to be good at customer service and schmoozing with "the client" who are in charge of signing your company to multi-million-dollar-contracts, and that was not my strength (this was a reason why I didn't want to be a "consultant" for much longer). Also Indianapolis is rather boring, it's cheap but all of my co-workers would take every chance they could to run away or even just move to Chicago (about a 3 hour drive away). State governments tend to run slowly and everything takes forever. So there was a lot of downtime and I eventually felt bored and unchallenged (compounded by the fact that Indianapolis is a boring place without much going for it, other than low cost of living and cheap houses). This was not due to any fault of RSI's, it's just the nature of being a government contractor I guess. Some of the technology that RSI uses is kind of old (for example we were still using Embarcadero in 2018). Also since most of the employees are really smart but don't necessarily have a lot of formal training in writing code (PL/SQL), some of the code base was kind of messy -- it works, but it's not elegant and not the best solution.

Continue reading

"Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Roseville, CA

I have been working at RSI full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work in the Roseville, CA branch and I have been here for a little over a month. So far this company has been amazing. I have people that I can turn to for help and everyone around the office is friendly. A lot of people on here complain about the work-life balance and I can’t speak to consultants on-site or at the main office but here I play a game a pool a day and no one bats an eye (we even have pool tournaments!). As long as I am getting my work done and putting in 40 hours everything is good. The benefits, 401K, and PTO are pretty standard, nothing over the top. The pay is good for a starting position but it’s standard for the area.

Cons

The software looks kind of dated and some of the codebase is as well. Trying to reverse that but it’s a good challenge.

RSI Response

May 20, 2019President/CEO

Welcome to RSI! Thank you for posting a review on Glassdoor about your first month as part of the RSI team! Our Solution Center in Roseville, CA does have enough space for our team to enjoy some activities away from their computers and strengthen the collaborative work environment when they are away from their desks. Glad to read that you are enjoying the pool table. We are happy to learn that you have found your coworkers to be great resources for information and that you have joined a friendly team. Not only do we have friendly and knowledgeable employees in our Solution Center in California, but we have friendly and knowledgeable employees on all our projects and on all our teams across the United States and Canada. Please share your innovative thoughts about how to improve our software as you continue to grow in your career at RSI!

Found 96 reviews