RSI Reviews

Found 109 of over 120 reviews

3.8
RSI President  Chris Barlow
Chris Barlow
Pros
  • "RSI always treated me well, from the first day I was surprised at how much autonomy and respect my supervisor gave me(in 17 reviews)

• "Remote, reasonable work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some of the technology that RSI uses is kind of old (for example we were still using Embarcadero in 2018)(in 15 reviews)

• "The biggest con is work-life balance(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

RSI a great place to work

Dec 15, 2020 - Business Owner in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flex Hours allow for best life

Cons

Responsibility for all the other employees

Recruiting Manager

I am happy to read that you found our work hours, especially during the pandemic, to be flexible for what you need in your life.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great

Jun 17, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible workplace and very engaging leadership.

Cons

Can have long hours right before release.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your anonymous review and the 5-star rating based upon the time you worked with us. I was happy to see that you highlighted a flexible workplace and engaging leadership that you experienced here at RSI. Two of our core values at RSI are caring about people and customer commitment. In our work lives and in our lives outside of work, there can tend to be an increase in the time devoted to reach a deadline. This investment in our core value of customer commitment is one part of how we deliver for our clients and strive to meet our mission to streamline government operations and improve citizen services through the delivery of transformative technologies. Our employees in our Consulting group, that I expect you were a part of because of your title of Consultant, are overwhelmingly salaried employees and we have structured our annual salary levels to recognize that employees make this investment in additional work that could be required before those releases and deadlines. Thank you for your contributions during your time with RSI and we wish you the best in your career. We do enjoy welcoming back previous team members, so please continue to follow RSI, watch our growth, and learn how our employees continue to deliver for our customers.

3. 3.0

Hit or miss

Mar 25, 2021 - Principal Solutions Engineer in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The people. My team is great I truly enjoy everyone on my team and look forward to getting to work with them every day.

Cons

- They have been getting rid of some incentives. Just recently they announced their "amazing" new referral program...I'm not so sure what is so amazing about having the referral bonus cut by $1,250 dollars. But at least they are going to donate 25% of our bonus (without giving the option to opt-out) to charity so they could have the ability to write it off as a tax deduction and save even more money. Unfortunately....I will need to vote "would not recommend to friend" considering I would no longer get my full bonus....... - Work life balance is interesting....I work on multiple projects so it's different from location to location. Sometimes 40 hours is enough, sometimes you feel lazy for only working 40 hours.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your anonymous review of our teams and our company. As people read your review and other reviews about RSI on Glassdoor, you will see many reviewers mention how our people, our coworkers, and our colleagues make an impact on their teams, our clients, and the success of our company. In addition to the charitable donation, our employee referral bonus program allows for monetary recognition awards to the referring employee and strengthens the communities we live in. The employee referral bonus program allows us to continue to exemplify several of our Core Values. Our employees asked for more options to donate to charities and adding the charitable donation to the employee referral bonus program is just one opportunity to strengthen the communities we live in. We offer paid Community Service Time to our employees as a reward for their commitment of time and talents to strengthening our communities. We surveyed our employees who were previously awarded employee referral bonuses and while it is a small number of people, their top three motivating factors were to strengthen the company, build their teams, and help a friend or previous coworker; a monetary reward was selected as the least motivating factor for referring a previous colleague to RSI. While considering the update to our employee referral bonus program, we listened to our employees, retained the monetary award, and strengthened our communities. We reviewed what other companies in the industry offered for employee referral bonus programs and saw that several companies have stopped or do not offer such programs. The program for RSI remains an important part of how we help grow and strengthen our company. We view the employee referral bonus program as a wonderful opportunity to refer a previous coworker or friend to the company, strengthen our teams, continue to provide great customer commitment, help a member of your professional network, receive a monetary award, and donate to charity.

4. 5.0

Great Management

May 23, 2021 - Call Center Agent in Columbia, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good mobility and good pay

Cons

Call center work is tedious by nature

Recruiting Manager

We have seen an increase in anonymous reviews that are attributed to our RSI, but are not representative of our RSI (Revenue Solutions, Inc.). As we do not have any employees who are Call Center Agents nor do we provide call center work, I expect this anonymous review has been incorrectly attributed to our RSI.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed Bag

Dec 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Coworkers, they really do try to help, and that attitude rubs off on everyone else. -Good project manager although my experiences might be different than those with different ones -Healthcare Benefits are pretty solid. -Very diverse for a small/medium tech company. Slightly male-oriented, but that seems to be the case. Does a good job hiring women/minorities/youth/experience.

Cons

-They ask you to work long hours for no benefits. I often had to work over weekends or late at nights. -Compensation was an issue compared to other competitors in the field. -The technology used is not really translatable to other jobs except maybe SQL. Blaze is something that isn't that in demand. -HR doesn't really care. They just put out statements about following core values. However, if you complain about issues with projects or compensation, they never really look into it. -For new employees, they put everyone under the title of "Consultant". However, you are asked to work as a software developer which I think is a way to make it so that they don't have to pay software developer salaries.

8 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your impressions of what it meant to you to have worked at RSI and helped in our mission to streamline government operations and improve citizen services through the delivery of transformative technologies. Our people are what make our company successful and allow us to deliver for our clients. I agree that we have great coworkers, colleagues, and managers here at RSI! You and our coworkers bring diversity in thought and skills as we approach our roles every day. I look forward to sharing with our HR team that you rate our healthcare benefits as pretty solid. Our compensation package for full time salaried employees include the healthcare benefits with medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, 10 paid holiday days with a mixture of fixed holidays and 4 floating holidays, paid community service time, and a 401K program. The compensation for our salaried positions include the expectation that several of our roles, like many roles in our industry, do not have a 40-hour work week. Many of our Consulting group roles have a SQL component to them and our Business Rules Developers use Blaze in their roles. Our Consultants who work on the delivery and implementation of our systems for our clients typically do come under our Consulting title umbrella as they use their technical skills and their customer-communication skills in their daily roles. One of our career paths in our Consulting group is the opportunity to move from an Associate Consultant, to Consultant, to Senior Consultant and onward from there. Our core values of customer commitment, caring about people, responsibility, integrity, and innovation are important to who we are as a company and I am happy to read that you have seen that commitment in our statements not just from our HR team, but expect you lived those core values in your daily work with your team members and our customers. I would have encouraged you when you were an employee to reach out to our HR team with your concerns mentioned in the review. We have a small but mighty HR team and Sandy Perakslis, our Chief People Officer, is always available to talk with our employees as the senior member of the HR team. Sandy is here to listen to our employees' concerns and recommended solutions and there is also an option to have submitted questions/concerns anonymously to our HR team. We wish you the best in your new role.

6. 5.0

Instructor

Apr 5, 2021 - Instructor in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours Great people Great pay Everyone is willing to help out

Cons

There are no cons at this time

Recruiting Manager

We are glad to have you as part of our team and one of those great people who make an impact here at RSI that you mention in your review.

7. 3.0

OK

Apr 5, 2021 - Senior Developer, IT Applications in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

diverse tech experience. Lots of Different languages. good place to start to gain experience.

Cons

low pay and benefits. It's a sweat shop.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

We have seen an increase in the number of anonymous reviews that area associated with a company named RSI but not necessarily our RSI. As we do not have any employees who live in New Mexico, I expect this particular review is not a review of our RSI and Revenue Solutions, Inc. What you will find at our RSI is a diverse group of people who bring diverse experience who focus on our core values and delivering for our clients.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent company with great benefits

Feb 26, 2021 - Field Service Engineer in Danvers, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great wages, small business environment

Cons

No cons, Long term employees

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review, but I want to ensure you shared your review of the correct RSI. We are Revenue Solutions, Inc. and do have an excellent company with great benefits. We are growing with many new and long term employees. But we do not have a title of Field Service Engineer at RSI. I am glad to see that several RSIs have great benefits!

9. 4.0

Good job out of college

Feb 2, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Pembroke, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment, decent pay out of college, fair work load

Cons

tedious, occasional long days, can get boring some times

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your work , and our fellow team members, here on Glassdoor. I am happy to read that you find our friendly environment and culture continues as we have been working remotely from home offices across the United States. The impact of your work strengthens communities as we work with our clients to streamline government operations and improve citizen services. That important work can lead to occasional long days, just like we have in our personal lives, or what we have in the pursuit of our academic studies, as we dedicate our time to future progress. Please share your recommendations for how to turn your Cons into Pros with your Project Manager, team lead, or Sandy our CPO.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good opportunity to learn and practice range of technologies as long as you're eager.

Jan 13, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Providence, RI

Pros

Cons

Same as most other IT companies.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for making time in your schedule to post a review about working at RSI! Our employees are people who are eager to learn, grow their skills and knowledge, and provide great commitment to our customers' success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Reviews