Found 3,317 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I've built my career here and feel that I am fortunate to work with some pretty great people." (in 577 reviews)
- "Great culture in every office and the people you work with at your level are just incredible." (in 362 reviews)
- "They pay well and the benefits are very good" (in 198 reviews)
- "Friendly colleagues that will accompany you through tough times but only a few of them left in the firm" (in 134 reviews)
- "Great people and teams and perks" (in 114 reviews)
- "Long hours (which come with consulting) and with a constantly changing team can be difficult getting manager’s support." (in 316 reviews)
- "No work life balance and load scheduling" (in 267 reviews)
- "Low pay that is not equivalent to workload" (in 184 reviews)
- "low salaries that are not competitive" (in 155 reviews)
- "Long hours expected and weekend work during busy season." (in 140 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of RSM and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Oct 28, 2023Technology Consulting SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Flexible working, team of knowledgeable professionals for now
All the good resources jump ship and are replaced with mediocre or worse employees. Low pay for area and experience level. Conflict between billable hours and efficiency will never end. Management is focused on all the wrong metrics. Many examples of wasted talent and resource knowledge. Most people are expected to work 50+ hours per week while only being paid for 40. Seems the “norm” is hire person, work them til burnout, and churn. Management says one thing and does the opposite. Job roles aren’t defined explicitly so you end up doing anything under the sun. Services are a dumpster fire and no one wants to make any executive decisions around them, so they stay in poor states.1
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Audit SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Lots of good friendly like-minded coworkers
The firm over hires and many of the new hires are incompetent and complain a lot. Some higher level people at the company think the solution is to take on a bunch of poor clients that are un-auditable instead of getting rid of more of the incompetent employees.
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023HR GeneralistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
RSM was a great company to work for that truly cares about the wellbeing of employees. They follow-through on their commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. And they care about mental health. They have numerous resources such as employee resource groups, access to a mental health app, and good benefits. Growth and professional development are not only encouraged but they have an entire team dedicated to helping you progress professionally.
The company is very large and it can be easily to get lost in the shuffle. While I loved the company, I didn't always feel like I was making a big impact.
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Peers are great to work with
Leadership is lacking direction and ability to adapt to changing world.
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023ConsultantCurrent EmployeeWashington, DC
The teams I work with are full of intelligent people
There’s a lot of clerical work and a high expectation for billable hours
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Technology Risk ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
I have absolutely loved my time at RSM. I would definitely reccomend to a friend. Compared to B4 you cant beat it. Similar pay, less hours, and you get to work on a variety of clients.
The travel can be a lot at times, but overall a great place to work
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance &Operation Functional ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
People Flexibility Travel Community Holiday schedule
Pay Organization around certs and CPE Benefits are basic
Relevant posts in this industry
A community for Accounting professionals specializing across roles including Advisory, Audit, Tax, Assurance, and Forensics.
Going on the 5th year of my career in public. 3 years at my first firm, been at my second firm since then. Thinking about exploring other opportunities just to see if I can find some work I really enjoy and don’t mind seeing another pay bump with a new firm. For folks who jumped around early in your career has it had any negative impacts? Do you have any regrets?
RSM Reviews FAQs
RSM has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 6,374 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at RSM to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
76% of RSM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RSM 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.