RTI International Reviews

Updated May 17, 2021

4.3
RTI International President & CEO E. Wayne Holden
E. Wayne Holden
Pros
  • "The priority is that we have a sustainable work/life balance(in 87 reviews)

• "RTI tries incredibly hard to be a diverse and employee centric work environment(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Surprisingly focused on growth, competition and the bottom line for a non-profit(in 26 reviews)

• "The push for work/life balance is in full effect here but very difficult to achieve in the IT roles(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of RTI International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Oct 9, 2020 - Senior Researcher in Research Triangle Park, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, very supportive culture, excellent training and professional development opportunities, many career growth opportunities, meaningful mission, excellent benefits.

Cons

There are not really any downsides to working at RTI. It's not always perfect but the culture is one that is continually improving.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

May 17, 2021 - Public Health Analyst in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, good management

Cons

No ideal location, satellite offices limited

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Extremely Stressful and Micromanaged

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Past Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management is open to new ideas and suggestions.

Cons

-timesheet (you charge to the minute basically) I’ve had to fill out time sheets for almost every job I’ve worked at and this is by far the worst system -extreme focus on funding and staying within a certain number of hours for projects which can lead to less quality of work -people don’t really care if you are happy with the work you are doing; they care more about if you have enough work and are super overworked like everyone else is -the organization loves to say they offer many employee groups and wellness information sessions but then do not allow you to charge time for it (they promote work life balance but when it comes down to it, it’s not supported)

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Health Solutions is a great place to work!

May 3, 2021 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative and flexible environment. Extremely supportive and aware regarding work-life challenges during the pandemic.

Cons

Health benefits could be more comprehensive, but many other benefits offset this (e.g. paid family leave, flexibility)

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits and smart people

May 6, 2021 - Senior Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible individuals, smart and dedicated

Cons

Lack of collaboration and lots of reinventing the wheels

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great coworkers

May 5, 2021 - Welder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money co-workers easy work. Laid back

Cons

7 days a week rotating shifts

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

No trajectory for starting positions

May 12, 2021 - Public health analyst II in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful work, smart colleagues, and good work life balance.

Cons

The starting position trajectory is slow and bureaucratically rigid. No matter how you perform you will be promoted with the same salary increases at the same dragging timelines as everyone else.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great opportunities to get hands on applied research experience

Apr 23, 2021 - Junior Economist in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, good colleagues, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Groups can be siloed, occasional unrealistic deadlines

9. 3.0

ok

May 12, 2021 - Research Assistant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They were nice to me which was nice

Cons

the job was pretty difficult and hard

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Women and Long-Term Employees deserve the same pay as Men and more than New Hires

Dec 30, 2020 - Financial Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well established company, good outlook, cared about our health during Covid-19. Company size allows you to meet people from all backgrounds and has allowed me to make several friends.

Cons

*Only applies if you are an existing employee, a woman and care to be treated the same as men and want more loyalty than what is given to new hires" After multiple years of completing all projects on time, and training people in a higher position than me I ask to be promoted. Nearly 3/4 a year later I was given a title change to keep me quiet with only 4% more money and much more work. All of the new hires and men in my position are paid 5-10% more than me. I love RTI and they feel like family to me but this is why it hurts even more because I wanted to make a lifelong career at RTI. The favoritism towards men and new hires has been something bothering me and several of my coworkers for years.

Continue reading
      7 people found this review helpful

RTI International Response

Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have been able to build a diverse professional network at RTI. We also hear your concerns around compensation. In order to retain the critical talent and attract the new talent to RTI, it's imperative that our compensation program offers a competitive compensation package to employees at all levels. Our compensation package is intended to be externally competitive, internally equitable, designed to attract and retain critical talent, provide meaningful rewards and recognition, and reward individual performance. Our compensation team works with leadership regularly to provide internal and external compensation reviews, ensuring pay equity for all, regardless of their gender, race, religion, national origin, age or physical/mental abilities. We provide all direct supervisors and managers with training and resources to help them navigate conversations with their direct reports around our compensation review process. We encourage you to continue to have conversations with your direct supervisor or manager, and also recommend that you reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner. We understand the importance of every employee being fairly compensated for their contributions at RTI and we will continue to evolve our compensation package to reflect that.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 696 Reviews