RTS Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Ryan

1. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my team and the culture. RTS is growing, but it’s small enough to feel the impact of your contributions. I have seen multiple promotions from within the company, and they take the time to recognize people for their accomplishments. The company has great benefits and pays the entire premium for family insurance coverage, which is a huge perk for our family.

I plan on having a long career with RTS!

Cons

The company does not allow a flexible working schedule. It’s an 8-to-5 culture, but they do allow time off for personal or health related appointments without using vacation time.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy and continue to empower employees as the company grows.

2. "Best Place I've Ever Worked...Period."

Current Employee - Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People, Great Business, Fast Paced, Fun Atmosphere! Working in the transportation industry may not be for everyone, but if you are a strong communicator who loves variety in their work day, then you will love it at RTS! Great work/life balance too!

Managers actually care about employees and listen to their thoughts and concerns.

Cons

Business needs dictate an 8am to 5pm work schedule, which can be tough if you are looking for flexible hours.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture alive! Make sure new employees are given plenty of training and share the same core values so we can all enjoy working at RTS for years to come.

3. "RTS has been a great blessing to myself and family."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There can't be very many places in the world like RTS Financial. The ownership of this company has been very fair to me over these past 10 + years. They are very concerned about the future growth and stability of the company and because of that they take care of their employees. It is a lot easier to pay an employee well and provide the best benefits around to help retain employees, then to continually hire, train, hire, train.

Cons

Not necessarily a Con, but more of a reality. Working at RTS you will be expected to earn your keep. Put in your time and work hard while you're here. If you take care of the company the company will take care of you.

Advice to Management

Keep planning and evolving the company for future growth. Don't get behind, keep up the competitiveness, and always strive to stay the best in the industry.

5. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RTS Financial is an amazing place to work. The company is very careful to hire the best people for every position, and that is reflected by our great working environment.

In my last job, I didn’t feel like my employer allowed me to reach my full potential. Once I made the move to RTS Financial, I never looked back. They make it well-known that there's always potential for growth in your position and promotions to other positions. They compensate well for your hard work and the employee benefits are the best in Kansas City. Better yet, RTS Financial has enjoyed growth every year it has been in business. It feels great to work for a company that cares about its employees and is also succeeding in the marketplace.

The leadership has a great vision for the company and is aggressive in the market. It's a very exciting place to work because they are always looking for ways to improve the company and continue to grow. I would definitely feel comfortable referring anyone to work at RTS Financial.

Cons

Honestly, nothing to complain about.

6. "Great Opportunities and Benefits at a Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great place to work that offers lots of ways to learn, grow and advance your career. The work-life balance is good, as hours are typically 8 to 5. Pay is competitive, and there’s no cap on the commissions you can earn. Benefits are very competitive and include several perks. Even though RTS Financial is growing, management is very selective and wants to hire people who are hard-working and will contribute to the team atmosphere.

Cons

This is not really a con, but RTS Financial looks for committed employees who are self-starters and who bring new ideas to help the company grow. If you are just looking to be told what to do in your job, this is probably not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and let them help the company succeed!

7. "Great company, culture and benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at RTS Financial full-time

Pros

Great company with a great culture. Many opportunities to prove yourself and advance within the company. Hard work is always rewarded. I no longer work for this company but hold it in the highest regard and would recommend to family and friends. When I left RTS they were still growing and will continue to do so with the business model they have in place. Truly a great place to work.

Cons

As many people have mentioned, limited vacation. The bottom line is they expect you to work hard and that is something I respect.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture alive and keep the fun environment.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay 100% of health, dental and vision insurance.

Cons

You are going I to have only two vacation weeks.

9. "Financial Account Manager"

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company completely covers health, dental and vision. Great work environment and a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

This is a niche market so finding other employment opportunities can be difficult if trying to stay in the same field.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong culture, lots of opportunity for hard workers, paid for benefits.

Cons

Work isn't the most fulfilling despite the strong culture. Not a lot of vacation time.

11. "Great everything!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people who really care and want you to succeed. Great base pay, great benefits, and amazing work environment. Also you are really helping helping people out with a great product. This company is always stressing ethics in an industry that lacks integrity. Did I mention that management cares about your success? I have witnessed employees who are having a tough time, get help and tons of encouragement from team leads/ management and have watched their numbers increase dramatically. I literally can't say enough great things about this company. It is the best place I have ever worked and it is easy to see that they really care about their employees which is very refreshing coming from my last job.

Cons

Literally none. Like other reviews have mentioned, you get what you put into it. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting hard-working individual that have the willingness to help others.