RTS Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Ryan

"I was very disappointed with my time there"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS

Pros

They pay you very well for the doing the same tasks, day after day.
    The people on my team were great to work with.

Cons

2 weeks of vacation, minimal holidays.
    You are promised "unlimited sick days" however getting time off for doctor's visits was never easy, and I was often expected to make up time taken off for sick days.
    Micromanaged, they do not pay you to think or give feed back, they pay you to do the same thing everyday, in the way they want it done, no questions.

2. "Overworks employees and doesn't allow for feedback"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Kansas City, KS

I worked at RTS Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are nice for the most part. Health insurance is good.

Cons

Managers are hypocritical, telling employees to not take on too much yet piling more and more on their workload. Vacation time (2 wks) is awful. Managers don't get to know their direct reports well; they never have 1:1's or sync ups.

Advice to Management

Have regular 1:1's with your direct reports so they can provide their managers with feedback.
    Update your vacation time because employees need a break.

"RTS Financial: A great stepping-stone for your career"

Former Employee - Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications in Lenexa, KS

Pros

The employees are a very close, tight knit group. They work closely together and like each other enough to socialize together. This makes for a great work environment.

The other benefit to working here is that it's small and nimble. Employees have opportunities to access the decision-makers, and there's not a huge process/red tape to go through to get your idea heard or implemented.

My time with RTS Financial was valuable because I had to literally do all aspects of marketing. I was the entire department, so I learned a lot in the time I was there. Because of this job, I was able to get the job I'm currently in - and love.

Cons

The downsides are related to the size. If you disagree with the owner/CEO, there really is no other avenue to get your idea heard. They are weak in the areas of technology, meaning that if the owner doesn't understand it, it's probably not going to get implemented.

Advice to Management

The only piece of feedback I gave when I left the company was that Senior Management needed to let go of some control. Develop a plan and budget, and have confidence that the people you hired to do a job can, in fact, do that job.

5. "Just fine overall"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at RTS Financial (More than a year)

Pros

-nice people
    -growing company provides good room for growth in your position
    -relatively easy work day to day
    -good health benefits for full timers
    -opportunities for bonus money

Cons

-low pay for full time workers
    -reptitive activities day to day
    -dull work environment if you don't happen to work on a team of interesting people
    -overly aggressive HR team (makes people uncomfortable quite frankly)

6. "One of the best work environments I have ever seen!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working here! The place is a great work environment and we work hard at work but also have lots of fun! Our department manager described it the best, "you are going to work hard but in a fun environment." Even the work life balance is really good. It is an 8-5 job and most people do leave at 5. One of the things that everyone looks forward to is the "Friday announcements," which is a time when we give people a shout out or throw them under the truck for some of the funniest things! Keeping the culture is one the most important things here so if you do not fit into the culture, you are going to have a lot of problems here.

Cons

Like I said in the pro, it is an 8-5 job. This is not flexible! The only holidays that you get off is if UPS is closed and as I have learned, UPS doesn't take a day off that often. You will not have a snow day so be prepared to dig through that snow and get to work. Part of your review is based on how many improvement ideas you brought to RTS and how many referrals your brought on so if you are someone that can't do that, then your reviews might suffer in those areas.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the people that keep that culture going. It is the wonderful work environment that keeps employees here.

7. "Account Representative"

Pros

Great Culture/Environment and good opportunities

Cons

Family Business. A lot of people get promoted based on who they know

8. "Voted Among Best Companies In Kansas City"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at RTS Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable family owned company. Provides a solid work environment in a growing industry. Paid medical insurance.

Cons

Vacation and Time Off are lacking compared to industry standards and never increase with tenure. Some positions can become menial and routine.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your younger employees and allow their ideas to be heard.

"Best Place to work"

Pros

It has been a great experience thus far. I really like the job and the people that I am working with. The culture at RTS is unlike any that I have experienced. The people are very helpful, and make me feel very comfortable. I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been here.

Cons

I don't really have any cons

"Factoring Account Representative"

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Great place to work. Advancement opportunities. They are always oolong to grow.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest. You are capped at just two weeks off a year even if you work there for thirty years.

Advice to Management

A little more time off for loyal employees. Look to pay a little bit more.

11. "Account Representative"

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time

Pros

A fast growing company that does a great job of promoting within. The work environment is friendly and they give holiday bonuses!

Cons

The company is growing so fast that they are having a hard time staying organized. In operations they promote based on your team rather than merit.