RVK Reviews

Updated Jan 22, 2021

2.8
RVK CEO Rebecca A. Gratsinger (no image)
Rebecca A. Gratsinger
  1. "A great place to start your career"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at RVK full-time for more than a year

Pros

RVK is an excellent place to start your career. People are very friendly, great work life balance and there are a lot of resources for you to further your knowledge or education. As an analyst, you are encouraged to sit in on meetings with top Investment managers who visit the firm daily. Very few firms provide this type of opportunity. The rate at which you can get promoted is much quicker than the industry average as RVK almost entirely hires from within.

Cons

There are many people on Glassdoor who complain about the department manager, Amy, the CEO etc. I would take these reviews with a grain of salt since people who tend to leave reviews here tend to be ex-disgruntled employees. In my opinion, these complaints have not represented my experience at RVK in any way shape or form. The salary is below industry average which is definitely a con, but RVK makes up for it by making it easy to increase your salary through promotion and allowing you to work much fewer hours than most in the finance industry. If you consider on an hourly basis, the salary actually holds up pretty well and RVK gives good benefits and 401K match to boot.

Continue reading
  2. "Generally Great Place to Work"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Undisclosed Position

I have been working at RVK full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, friendly colleagues, great work-life balance

Cons

I was disappointed that RVK took PPP loans with little communication with staff. Most of us learned through media reports. Leadership did not follow-up unless pressed on the issue.

3. "Solid working environment and opportunity to learn but underappreciated"

Former Employee - Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at RVK full-time

Pros

Learning environment, community, leader interaction

Cons

Compensation, rigidity on work, pressure

4. "Underpays & Over-works"

Current Employee - Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at RVK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and supportive.

Cons

Not only is this an incredibly demanding job with an unhealthy work culture that requires a significant sacrifice of your personal time - they don't come close to paying market rate salaries and won't pay you for the insane over-time they demand. Awful healthcare that gets worse & more expensive every year as well.

5. "‘meh’"

Former Employee - Investment Analyst

I worked at RVK full-time

Pros

Good place to get some experience right out of school.

Cons

No growth for most at a certain point.

6. "I worked at R.V. Kuhns full-time for more than a year"

4.0
    Current Employee - Investment Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at RVK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great set of colleagues that are there to support you and help answer questions. Free coffee daily and snacks every so often.

Cons

Poor leadership transparency. Overworked and extremely underpaid for qualifications and knowledge that people bring to the company

"Mind numbing"

1.0
    Former Employee - Investment Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at RVK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible PTO, great co-workers, ability to work remotely

Cons

The work is about as boring as it gets. There is very little, if any, analysis done. For the most part you’ll familiarize yourself with the copy and paste functions. If you’re lucky you might get a project that requires more than checking numbers against Morningstar, but it’s rare. You’ll be paid FAR below industry standard, education opportunities will be denied, and any attempt to improve processes will be looked at critically. If you do accept an analyst job here, you’ll be a cookie cutter “analyst”, and wish you paid more attention to the reviews.

Continue reading

"Great if you're a Consultant or Management, awful if you're everyone else."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at RVK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work hours with the ability to work from home (if you are in certain positions), and some really great people willing to teach you what they know.

Cons

Management slow to make improvements and not really open to change. Little is done about toxic Consultants/Managers who treat employees in lower positions like their personal punching bags. Promotion or advancement is hard to come by and employees holding "lesser" positions are often told they're easily replaceable when they ask for promotion or a raise (unless they have the right people on their side). Pay below industry standard for most positions.

"Investment Analyst"

Former Employee - Investment Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at RVK full-time for more than a year

10. "Truly a rare find"

5.0
    Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at RVK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Without getting carried away with the quality of work and the accolades the company has received, I’ve been astonished by the develop opportunities here. The support from each person creates a great team environment. The company has never shrunk and there are great opportunities to move up. I love the weekly opportunities to connect with different investment managers onsite for presentations.

Cons

It’s challenging to identify a negative point. People skills are really important.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 English Reviews